Statue Sideshow Hulk vs Wolverine Dio - 1/5 Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SDCC-2016-Sideshow-Marvel-014.jpg

SDCC-2016-Sideshow-Marvel-015.jpg

SDCC-2016-Sideshow-Marvel-016.jpg

SDCC-2016-Sideshow-Marvel-017.jpg

SDCC-2016-Sideshow-Marvel-018.jpg

WOW this piece is amazing! wolvie looks perfect! great dynamic but prob a real high price point. Will prob have to decide between this and rocket and groot. Sideshow is going to make me sell a kidney for all these great reveals lately lol

Man do I wish I was collecting when Hulk vs Spiderman came out. So cool...and in my opinion it's a better Hulk.

It's a more compact Hulk and the head/face is worse than this one. I think people put on their grail glasses on when evaluating that piece and don't judge it as harshly as they do some of their newer pieces (including this very Wolvie vs Hulk dio).

Sideshow has come a long way since those early dioramas and mostly for the better. This Wolverine is almost flawless.

have the original spidey/hulk statue and love it, while I'm not a great fan of this version of hulk or his balloonish muscles I will be getting it cause I'm sure all the bashing will turn to praise as it so often does down the road and after all when are we ever gonna get another piece that even comes close to this one. First day bought for me, or at least first day waitlist....:lol

have the original spidey/hulk statue and love it, while I'm not a great fan of this version of hulk or his balloonish muscles I will be getting it cause I'm sure all the bashing will turn to praise as it so often does down the road and after all when are we ever gonna get another piece that even comes close to this one. First day bought for me, or at least first day waitlist....:lol

You know the drill. The same works the other way around. It's always best to just buy what you like regardless of what the masses think.

I was actually always wanting to take the extra Wolverine from the Xmen Sentinel dio and make a dio out of one of my Hulk Spidey dios and just mount the Wolverine to the base and presto you have a Hulk VS Wolverine dio...

Another thing working for the hulk vs spidey is that there are no seams. The seam at the neck is just hard to unsee on this hulk as he is looking up here. If there is a paint variation on the head in production, it's going to suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
e84cc98797b0336109c4cd4825129bb6.png

It's a more compact Hulk and the head/face is worse than this one. I think people put on their grail glasses on when evaluating that piece and don't judge it as harshly as they do some of their newer pieces (including this very Wolvie vs Hulk dio).

Sideshow has come a long way since those early dioramas and mostly for the better. This Wolverine is almost flawless.

I couldn't agree more. The face on the HULK in the HULK/Spidey dio just doesn't cut it for me at all. I find it hard to believe that peeps think that HULK portrait looks good and this one doesn't. For me personally, it's no contest. This HULK in the new MAQ looks better in every way. His portrait is superior, his pose is better/more dynamic, and I like the ripped/shredded look of this HULK. My only hope is that the paint apps on the production pieces are stellar. I don't want the paint apps on this HULK to be as weak as they were on the HULK COM. The COM was an incredible sculpt that received poor paint apps. The flat color and lack of shading really hurt that dynamic piece. I hope the VS MAQ comes close to what we see at SDCC. If that's the case, I'll be elated to display this phenomenal piece in my collection.

WOW this piece is amazing! wolvie looks perfect! great dynamic but prob a real high price point. Will prob have to decide between this and rocket and groot. Sideshow is going to make me sell a kidney for all these great reveals lately lol

With the name WeaponX28, I would think it wouldn't be a hard choice for you at all.

Respect for the grails but from portrait to pose i the new new one os better. To me anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeez. It's just an opinion. No need to get personally offended. We like what we like. I just happen to like this MAQ HULK portrait way more than the dio portrait. It's just as simple as that.

Love this and honestly would love to see Spidey VS Hulk revisited (a whole new model, not a remake). This could make a very good David VS Goliath series, would love to also see a Wolverine VS Juggernaut and a Spidey VS Juggernaut.

Back