Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well just like with the Hoth Luke I can say that I like it but I don't love it. There is something off about it but I cant put my finger on exactly what yet. I may go ahead and get one just not sure yet. Its a nice figure but I don't know if I have a spot in my display for it.

New one from the newsletter:

If Sideshow's site won't open, you can still see the other images in full resolution on Flickr - the previous links died due to Flickr re-making the thumbnails (not sure what triggered it).

Click to see larger images.

Last edited:
Yep, think it looks great and with either jacket. Doubt I will ever use the clean sculpt. Could be one of the few times where I'll sell a part off that I don't want.

After seeing the actual product photos. I like what they call the "brown" parka. It looks weathered and has that SW "lived in" look (like in the movies).

The "blue" coat looks too stark blue to me, but I wouldn't say the "brown" coat looks brown either. It looks a bit grey/charcoal to me.

BTW,
I'm going to have to read the specs over again, but please correct me if I'm wrong... can we get the "hatless" head with the brown parka? Is the hatless head the exclusive?

Yep, think it looks great and with either jacket. Doubt I will ever use the clean sculpt. Could be one of the few times where I'll sell a part off that I don't want.

As Flosi mentioned that sculpt would be a nice replacement for the OG Bespin Han.

As Flosi mentioned that sculpt would be a nice replacement for the OG Bespin Han.
For sure I can see that use for it. Never picked-up Bespin Han, though. Also, I suspect I'm in the minority on this, but there's something with both Han's and Luke's hair on the clean sculpts that I just don't like. Part of the appeal of those figures to me (especially the newer Saga ones) was the detail of having the hoodies up, with goggles and scarf. Just screams Hoth to me.

Invictus... i know what you mean about the hair. It kind of looks "helmet-ish", but I can live with that. The general likeness is really nice.

Oh man, after all that debate about his coat being blue and everything when all is said and done I actually don't really care for SIDESHOW'S blue. :lol

The "brown" coat actually DOES look more screen accurate to me. I think what we've all been debating is whether his coat was brown/grey or blue/grey. NOT the deep blue that Sideshow is making.

Sideshow's "brown" at least does appear to have some of the greyish hue missing from the "blue" version. Brother. :lol Oh well, apparently brown it is with regard to the figure. :lol

11825075386_0038371a83_b.jpg

11824542753_7828479c4e_b.jpg

Back