Sideshow GODZILLA Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is an [admittedly] crude comp of how Godzilla may look in a Stuva frame with Glassvik doors:

stuvazilla.jpg

The borders help hide how the shelf isn't in the middle, but it may cover him too much. I could put him on top:

stuvazilla_top.jpg

But then smaller items end up on bottom and harder to see. Bigger items make sense being on the bottom, imo. Also, bigger items cost more and weigh more. I'd feel safer with him on the floor level. With that said, custom doors may be in order.

Secretly hoping for this; though, not by a lot. July is the one month of the year I'm rarely home. I can imagine it now: a handful of FedEx notes on my door telling me to come get it myself.

As for storage vs open display, I originally wanted to just put it in my office. I'd love to be able to pause and look at him whenever working gets to me. But he may be the one thing I want to protect most. I'm thinking of a plexi-glass box with a wood top and thin wood frame. I'm just worried that'll look too much like a popcorn machine.

View attachment 163368
Big G in the popcorn machine... perfect! :lol

To all those firmly planning on getting this, how do you plan to store/display yours? I'm thinking of hopping onto the Besta bandwagon, but this fella seems too deep for one. He's about 19" deep. What do you guys think of the Stuva frames? This one is 19 5/8" deep. Just not sure how well the material/backboard would take to being painted black.

I would use that, but the Stuva doors don't come in any transparent glass-ish colours, so getting the door to block the dust out wouldn't work. Quite keen to work out this whole statue storage thing myself, the detolfs haven't been big enough for me so far since they waste alot of space, while on the other hand I would definitely prefer cabinets with glass doors so my statues don't get dusty...

I thought the Struva was compatible with Besta doors.
Same cabinet but deeper.

I've also ready that they are compatible. My issue would be with their fixed height, illustrated in my crappy image a page or two back. That, and that Stuvas only come in white. I'm currently crunching numbers to compare a Pax wardrobe vs making a custom unit. How hard is it to replace the frosted glass in the Pax doors with acrylic glass?

My current Pax planner, with most reasoning revolving around Godzilla:

pax_planner.jpg

1. Big Chap LSB + Possible figure(?)
2. Space Jockey
3. Masked Hunter LSB + MonsterArts Wolf figure
4. Warrior LSB + Possible figure(?)
5. Godzilla
6. King Hulk

Planner says everything in the photo is $230, but it's missing the doors. I'm ok to go doorless at first, but any doors I get will have to be a) easy to replace the frosted glass with clear acrylic, b) No borders between the top and bottom.

My wait list order converted within a matter of hours today. SS could have at least waited a few days to increase the suspense and satisfaction of a wait list conversion:) Anyway...though the cost is on the high side, I'm looking forward having Big G.

I take it requesting flex pay now will get shot down?
No, just go into your Godzilla order page, then click on the "request payment plan" area on the right. You can now convert it to flex, right on the page. You can even select the amount of months, etc. Easy as pie.

I like this to be honest. I opted for the flex payments. So glad I can space out payments now instead of forking over nearly 1k at one shot. It just worries me that this hasn't sold out yet. Hopefully it turns out well

Back