Sideshow GODZILLA Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like this but unless miracle funds come in I won't get it

Not sure what people are not happy about. Just saw the movie again, Godzilla is just a gray mass, can barely see him anyway, so it's unclear to me how could the paint be different.
Valid point are the spine things - could have been sharper - The ones on the maquette are too blunt.
Now, the price is a totally different story - H T F did they come up with $800?????

Passing on this, and FYI Sideshow - Passing because of the price, nothing else.

As much as the overall color of this Godzilla is simple, there is room for subtle effects on his skin.

If you look here, you can see there's wear and tear on on his scales, it would have been cool to see the paint job with such weathering. There's a tendency in all Godzilla products to not account for dirt or anything on him when he's always got something in the movies.

godzillab1.jpg

That's a great still of the movie to show how soft the Maquette is in the details.

Godzilla-Maquette-by-Sideshow-Collectibles-3.jpg

Looks unfinished. :(

I wanna see a pic of Godzilla from the film where there isn't too much light on one side and not enough light on the other side of him :dunno

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Nice film still there, I'm yet to see the movie.
Still no issues with the colour, for me, but that picture highlights a severe lack of detail on the Maquette.

Gotta agree on the details point. The spines don't look anywhere near savage enough compared to that movie still. It would add a lot more presence to the this piece IMO

Not just the spines but also the scale detail around the shoulder and down his side.

Happy to wait this one out until inhand pictures emerge, added beauty of ordering local.

so with taxes and shipping this is like a 1K statue, I do love it, but that is just way to much for this, at least they could have knocked the base out of the park with a great design, but the base is actually beyond boring, they had a chance to make something really great but did this, to bad.

I think the sculpt and base are pretty good. It's just the price that subject the same to additional scrutiny.

If this had been listed at $700 there wouldn't be this many complaints. If it was listed at $600, everybody would be praising SS the way everyone is praising WETA over the Balrog statue.

Amazon pre-order for the 3D Collectors set finally went back up, been waiting for it.
Looks like delivery to German address only then they were gone again! Gutted!

If it weren't so small, I'd be tempted to spend the innevitable eBay prices on that statue, but I'm sure people will try to get like $400-$500 bucks for it or something crazy and I don't like it THAT much. For another $300-$400 I'd go for the bigger Sideshow piece.

Back