Sideshow Frankenstein’s Monster Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BurningRage

Super Freak
Reaction score
1698236220875.jpeg

I...like it. I imagine it's well out of my price range, but it's pretty cool-looking!

It looks cool! It’s original doesn’t stray too far to where it’s not recognizable as Frankenstein’s Monster. Kind of has a Solomon Grundy feel to it.

I don't understand the shoulder chimneys, but its a cool design over all. I imagine many a steampunk will have this in their set up.
Looks like their version of the neck bolts. Funny how that’s been such a thing associated with him despite not being mentioned in the book. All a Jack Pierce creation!

Ah, very good. So instead of neck leads, he is packing them in his shoulders. Easier to get lightning to strike them that way. Or attach cables. Gotta be a bit of an annoyance laying down to take a nap though. Maybe they're retractable/collapsible when not in use.

I do like it, and if it had been released 20 years ago, when I had more space and monies, I would nab one. I know there are going to be some happy purchasers for it though. Much like Sideshow's Wrightson Frankenstein vinyl piece from ages gone by. Around 1998 maybe? 25 years ago. Lord have mercy I am old,lol.

Doesn’t fit for me, but I do like it. I wish either it was 1/4 or the Frankie Reborn was 1/5 so they could match up.

Bowen Frankenstein is around 16" and would be 1/6 scale, this is probably closer to 1/5 scale.

With added rewards this might be worth picking up, hopefully between Tweeterhead and Sideshow they can round out all the classic monsters.

The neck seam makes it seem like there was a plan for an alternate head that didn’t materialize. Doesn’t seem like that would be necessary for production or shipping. Wonder why they didn’t go for an exclusive head? I think the staples protruding over the seam might have hid the seam better as it’s the only stitched area the staples don’t go over two pieces of flesh.

Attachments

• IMG_4703.jpeg
    IMG_4703.jpeg
    750.8 KB · Views: 534
Looks like their version of the neck bolts. Funny how that’s been such a thing associated with him despite not being mentioned in the book. All a Jack Pierce creation!
Pierce claimed the neck bolts/electrodes were his creation, but they were taken from Karoly Grosz's pre-existing concept art.

Back