Statue Sideshow - Dinosauria - Gastonia Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's cool that it's finally going up.

I was going to get the final Apatosaurus on BBTS with some Christmas money I had, but it was gone when I went to buy it. On to the secondary market. :(

Here's another clear look. We can almost see its tail. Love those sharp spines on the back, :eek: they look so cool and lifelike~~
This dinosaur may not be a huge one, kind of normal size I guess. Can't wait to see its base.

S__655395.jpg

looks like it might be blue-ish in color? that would be different and great!

More of an average size dino at 16' or so i don't think that will stop Sideshow from having it made in a larger scale , i'm personally thinking it will triceratops sized.

gastonia-burgei-a-prehistoric-era-sergey-krasovskiy_f1f6.jpg

It should also be very wide..
gastonia_burgei.jpg

One last thing that i'm curious about is what bonus critters it will include. A baby, maybe an egg thief? One point of interest is that Gastonia is often paired with Utahraptor.

Yeah, I think the size will be around Triceratops or Ceratosaurus...or maybe larger.

If the exclusive bonus is some kind of egg-stealing dinosaur, I think that will be the best exclusive ever, because that means two dinos in one order, and it will look like diorama. By the way, it seems like he/she's yelling at someone......to protect its eggs?

My original guess is that maybe they will make a nest with some eggs under Gastonia, the idea is to settle down and incubate the eggs she just laid.

(With those sharp spines, the statue is not for little kids :rotfl)

Yeah, I think the size will be around Triceratops or Ceratosaurus...or maybe larger.

If the exclusive bonus is some kind of egg-stealing dinosaur, I think that will be the best exclusive ever, because that means two dinos in one order, and it will look like diorama. By the way, it seems like he/she's yelling at someone......to protect its eggs?

My original guess is that maybe they will make a nest with some eggs under Gastonia, the idea is to settle down and incubate the eggs she just laid.

(With those sharp spines, the statue is not for little kids :rotfl)

Well the Stegosarus and Triceratops featured 2 dinos, all the dio pieces used to feature more than one so i think it's possible. It may only be a baby Gastonia but i sort of feel its something different. A nesting scene has yet to be done at all though.. A juv Utahraptor would be great.

Oh protecting the eggs is likley if they were just laid, but these fellows probably acted like sea turtles. lay them and leave them. last i read we think sauropods did the same, young would join up with herd later.

It's cool that it's finally going up.

I was going to get the final Apatosaurus on BBTS with some Christmas money I had, but it was gone when I went to buy it. On to the secondary market. :(

Keep in mind that apato has an unsightly white spot on it.

The replaceable back spine looks a little too obvious to me. I'd just assume pass on the Pterosaur if I knew the back spine was permanently attached.

nice little bit aggressive pose ,ofcourse paint job not good as promo but finally we see something and i like it.

the worst exclusive if the pterosaur is ex. It does not belong there.

yeah sure nice adding for example creatosaurus . they almost fly because creato almost attacking but this one is a pose problem, ı thınk the pose gastonia attack or move not stand .or you send a rhino picture animal almost stand not attacking right ? Maybe they stand not top on the dino next to the rock or something.This is my opinion of course.

Yeah it's a beautiful statue in video, I may choose the exclusive version, the replaceable spine won't bother me. Pterosaurs will be in my list...looks very cute.
Hope the painting can be very close to the one in the video.

(I don't know that Susan likes dinosaur. She never introduce anyone before.)

yeah sure nice adding for example creatosaurus . they almost fly because creato almost attacking but this one is a pose problem, ı thınk the pose gastonia attack or move not stand .or you send a rhino picture animal almost stand not attacking right ? Maybe they stand not top on the dino next to the rock or something.This is my opinion of course.

you have a point there, it should at least have it's mouth open like it's issuing a warning. It probably wasn't thought out very well.

(I don't know that Susan likes dinosaur. She never introduce anyone before.)

lol i'm not sure any of these folks do! They seem to be reading from a script for the most part. She clearly wasn't on the mark with all the measurments or her paper was wrong ( 10"tall and 15" wide? )

wow Dec 2017 - Feb 2018 more than a year wait time.
Nice job again Jorge blanco but more than a year ? isnt bit long .Every months tones of figures produce and selling sideshow and others company.But dinos always slow growth :(

Back