Premium Format Sideshow Deadpool!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why continue doing production peeks and upcoming products? Just release the item and let it sit there for weeks for people to mull over. I miss the days where I had seconds to think about if I wanted that statue or not and had to place my order before it was waitlisted based on the production tease. Now, the thrill is gone. I can wait weeks pondering if I really want it or not. The excitement is gone. It's a shame really. But that being said, I PO'd the EX. haha.

So you mean now you have more opportunity to get the ones you really want and less to miss the window or either buy something you didn't want in the end?

Oh the horror!!!:thud:

my point is i concurred with dhaval if SS keep making the es bigger imo the thrill in collecting "rare" statue will be less.
well what do i know The Dark Lord Sauron who has 9500 es still sold out. and i also had PO DP ex :slap

yehh if ES is bigger n Ex is not good then we can wait until inhand pics come ........ & if its open ES ............................:chillpill:

All this I like the fact that it is more rare talk should for the most part just be written as "I won't be able to sell it for as much in the after market".

I like my collectible rare but I don't buy multiple statues to finance my hobby.

When your collection is growing and have been in this hobby for a while, there WILL be a NEED to sell your statues due to whatever reasons. When I buy statues I don't plan to sell them, I plan to keep them, but I sold some of them anyway. My reason is because there are more new statues coming that I like better and with a limited space and budget I will have to sell my old ones to buy the new ones. When I sell my statues of course I would rather not to lose money or at least get what I paid for, it would be even better if I could get more than what I paid for. Wouldn't you feel the same thing?

Last edited:
Being exclusive is part of your brand. The moment you start to venture out is the moment people get disinterested. I think they have to balance the profits while still keeping items collectible. There is nothing worse than going down to your local comic shop and seeing 5 PF's sitting on the shelf of the same one you just bought. It's like , why did I even get worked up about that?!

1250 is still small, but for a character like Deadpool I'd say that's pretty massive.

That's the key there…I don't blame SS to make more money because they are a business and their goal is to make as much profit as possible, but they have to be careful to maintain the key aspect to their business which is COLLECTIBLE. Most people buy their stuff because they are collectible, if supply is always more than demand all the time for most of their products they are not a collectible anymore (at least not for me).

I am honestly fine with the high ES for popular items as long as Sideshow can justify the high ES based on demands. If the demands are high soon or later they will sell out, it's just a matter of time, it may not take as fast as it used to but eventually they will sell out. It is no doubt the number of orders from us that drives the ES (not sideshow). And it is not just a popularity of the character that drives the ES, yes Deadpool is probably less popular character than Green Lantern but most people seems to like Deadpool PF better than GL PF statue/sculp wise, thus there are a lot more people order DP than GL and Sideshow determine the ES accordingly. Could you really blame them? Wouldn't you do the same thing if you are Sideshow? It makes a lot of sense from business perspective.

From collector perspective I think most (including me) like the lower ES because it will maintain our collectible's value better, but it makes no sense for Sideshow why would they put 750 ES when they have 1000 orders?

One thing that I wish Sideshow implement is to set up a window timeframe for how long Sideshow will determine the ES. For example: one week. All orders MUST have an ES after a week of being up for order and Sideshow of couse will determine the ES based on the number of orders they got in that 1 week. Right now there is no consistency, some items may have an ES after 3 days or a week or a 2 weeks or even months, poison ivy regular still has no ES until today :slap

Lastly, I know this has been brought up, I just want to say it again, open ES sucks :nana: To have a product with OPEN ES that Sideshow let it open indefinitely is kind of ridiculous. I am just glad this Deadpool PF is not an open ES.

I like my collectible rare but I don't buy multiple statues to finance my hobby.

When your collection is growing and have been in this hobby for a while, there WILL be a NEED to sell your statues due to whatever reasons. When I buy statues I don't plan to sell them, I plan to keep them, but I sold some of them anyway. My reason is because there are more new statues coming that I like better and with a limited space and budget I will have to sell my old ones to buy the new ones. When I sell my statues of course I would rather not to lose money or at least get what I paid for, it would be even better if I could get more than what I paid for. Wouldn't you feel the same thing?

Agreed....:goodpost::exactly:

Yeah and I do feel the same way, I actually just sold a statue, and only made back money and I was fine with that. The thing is I will consider ES Ina piece that I am not sure I will keep, but I will not allow it to slow me down when it comes to a piece I have to have. I have a Batman Reg PF on PO and its 7500 makes this look ridiculously small, but I don't care because I won't be selling that one.
My problem with it is simply that if you like a statue and I HAS to be in your collection ES shouldn't mater, but if you bought say two of these with one being an investment then you should just cancel the one if you are that upset about it. The Joker Ex has gone up a little. This one will too.
Mamba I respect and agree with what you say dude, and it does make a lot of sense. However, I guess it is the community itself that may have to adjust its way of thinking and buying if they want to inuence the hobby as a whole.

So you mean now you have more opportunity to get the ones you really want and less to miss the window or either buy something you didn't want in the end?

Oh the horror!!!:thud:

It means I miss the "way" it was purchased. I would much prefer to miss out on something I really want and have to hunt for it down the road than to just go to Sideshow's website and see it still available.

Yeah and I do feel the same way, I actually just sold a statue, and only made back money and I was fine with that. The thing is I will consider ES Ina piece that I am not sure I will keep, but I will not allow it to slow me down when it comes to a piece I have to have. I have a Batman Reg PF on PO and its 7500 makes this look ridiculously small, but I don't care because I won't be selling that one.
My problem with it is simply that if you like a statue and I HAS to be in your collection ES shouldn't mater, but if you bought say two of these with one being an investment then you should just cancel the one if you are that upset about it. The Joker Ex has gone up a little. This one will too.
Mamba I respect and agree with what you say dude, and it does make a lot of sense. However, I guess it is the community itself that may have to adjust its way of thinking and buying if they want to inuence the hobby as a whole.

Yeah, was everyone also up in arms about the Batman EX ES? I'm sure they were but it's still sold out. I agree with you, Spidey, the ES on Batman REG didn't deter me because I just had to own it and have it as part of my collection. I don't have the same affection for Deadpool, however, so the decision is a little more difficult. It's not a matter of whether I can profit off of it if I need to sell it down the road, it's juggling what I want right now and what is in the pipeline. I've got Lady Death coming in January, I've got Batman and Shaak Ti on flex, I'm hoping Spider-Woman and Poison Ivy get converted, and then there's Superman and Wonder Woman coming soon, plus possibly Harley and Catwoman. I want all those before Deadpool!

That's the key there…I don't blame SS to make more money because they are a business and their goal is to make as much profit as possible, but they have to be careful to maintain the key aspect to their business which is COLLECTIBLE. Most people buy their stuff because they are collectible, if supply is always more than demand all the time for most of their products they are not a collectible anymore (at least not for me).I am honestly fine with the high ES for popular items as long as Sideshow can justify the high ES based on demands. If the demands are high soon or later they will sell out, it's just a matter of time, it may not take as fast as it used to but eventually they will sell out. It is no doubt the number of orders from us that drives the ES (not sideshow). And it is not just a popularity of the character that drives the ES, yes Deadpool is probably less popular character than Green Lantern but most people seems to like Deadpool PF better than GL PF statue/sculp wise, thus there are a lot more people order DP than GL and Sideshow determine the ES accordingly. Could you really blame them? Wouldn't you do the same thing if you are Sideshow? It makes a lot of sense from business perspective.

From collector perspective I think most (including me) like the lower ES because it will maintain our collectible's value better, but it makes no sense for Sideshow why would they put 750 ES when they have 1000 orders?

One thing that I wish Sideshow implement is to set up a window timeframe for how long Sideshow will determine the ES. For example: one week. All orders MUST have an ES after a week of being up for order and Sideshow of couse will determine the ES based on the number of orders they got in that 1 week. Right now there is no consistency, some items may have an ES after 3 days or a week or a 2 weeks or even months, poison ivy regular still has no ES until today :slap

Lastly, I know this has been brought up, I just want to say it again, open ES sucks :nana: To have a product with OPEN ES that Sideshow let it open indefinitely is kind of ridiculous. I am just glad this Deadpool PF is not an open ES.

:clap:exactly::goodpost:

very good points Mamba ..........

Just think if its Art Print for an Ex ..........:lol & they put ES like this :rotfl
ES really matters if SS goes with Open ES or big ES there will be no passion - excitement for true collectors n these things will become ordinary n can be bought anytime -------Edition Size is Soul of this Collecting Hobby------- look at the proud owner of Dr. Doom PF - Hulk PF- Spiderman Comiquette.... they can say they got rare collectible & its only limited to XXX..... i dont think Batman Reg Es owner can say that or for Galactus Maquette or Hulk Maquette ...... anyone can see it at ur home n just order it .....

Last edited:
Yeah, was everyone also up in arms about the Batman EX ES? I'm sure they were but it's still sold out. I agree with you, Spidey, the ES on Batman REG didn't deter me because I just had to own it and have it as part of my collection. I don't have the same affection for Deadpool, however, so the decision is a little more difficult. It's not a matter of whether I can profit off of it if I need to sell it down the road, it's juggling what I want right now and what is in the pipeline. I've got Lady Death coming in January, I've got Batman and Shaak Ti on flex, I'm hoping Spider-Woman and Poison Ivy get converted, and then there's Superman and Wonder Woman coming soon, plus possibly Harley and Catwoman. I want all those before Deadpool!

Same boat for me. I really like this sculpt, and I think the Ex is fun. So I really considered it, BUT in the end I want other statues more. Sothat made my decision.

even i think its multiple ordering that casues the ES on this to rise,

look at the threads on Vision, Mass effect, Halo, jake sully, there was no excitement there at all and once the low Es for the ex were , almost all of them sold out , lol
the excitement in deadpool thread may have cause many to order in multiples driving up the ES which sideshow anticipated and a big Es has been set , there should be no suprise there..
( maybe we can start a new forum where there wont be any sideshow spies and talk about upcoming statues lol)

When an SSC rep is commenting in a thread on DAY 1 of a preorder it is both HELPFUL, and very obvious that they are paying attention. As they should be.

I'm not that hung up on the ES's as I only purchase what I plan on displaying....but it was fun back in the day when you would constantly refresh the sideshow order page for the pre-order button to pop up and order your statue before it was wait-listed in a matter of minutes(some would say it was rather fustrating lol)....but it was a rush and relief when you finally saw that order # especially when the severs would freeze and you weren't sure you got one.
Now you can wait weeks without worrying about placing an order with no pressure and anticipation.Times sure have changed.
I Remember when Ptu would film himself while ordering a piece and he would freak out because the page wouldn't load and then go crazy when he got his order in.....hilarious.

When an SSC rep is commenting in a thread on DAY 1 of a preorder it is both HELPFUL, and very obvious that they are paying attention. As they should be.

Then hopefully they are paying attention to the fact that people aren't exactly thrilled with the high ES's then. If you're going to announce a high ES, then we should all reasonably expect it to close within a few days, max a week. Then let every else order the REG. That way, people who jumped on the ES will feel a little bit better because, although the ES is high, it's "sold out". And people that still want the statue can still get the REG. At least reward the people that pre-ordered early and committed to the piece by putting down their NRD.

One of the things I hated back in the days when people were still buying music CDs was I would buy an album on the day it was released, only to get screwed a few months later with a deluxe version released with more songs and bonus goodies (posters, etc.). It didn't make me feel very appreciated that I was supporting the artist on Day 1 and my reward was getting screwed over for NOT waiting.

I'm not that hung up on the ES's as I only purchase what I plan on displaying....but it was fun back in the day when you would constantly refresh the sideshow order page for the pre-order button to pop up and order your statue before it was wait-listed in a matter of minutes(some would say it was rather fustrating lol)....but it was a rush and relief when you finally saw that order # especially when the severs would freeze and you weren't sure you got one.
Now you can wait weeks without worrying about placing an order with no pressure and anticipation.Times sure have changed.
I Remember when Ptu would film himself while ordering a piece and he would freak out because the page wouldn't load and then go crazy when he got his order in.....hilarious.

Now that's what I'm talking about!!! :clap

Back