Premium Format Sideshow Deadpool!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything I have seen since I have joined suggests hat SSC has change their model to take into consideration thembuzs and hype frommplaces like this, and the TBD ordering period. I wouldn't be surprised if they have ready sold at least 900 of these based on the initial rush, also fueled by guys by 2 of them. Their reps have been this very thread recently. In the end the model is becoming demand dictates supply. It is different, but from a business point of view it makes them MORE money.

These numbers means...

that times have changed and sideshow knows that certain statues have sold very quickly, they examine other statues and figures they sell and find out it sells quick even at a high es. So they started with joker and now ex is gone with reg probably following it soon. Value wise it won't be a problem later on as popular ones tend to rise in value. I am happy with the es on this one and can't wait for the ex. Y'all just have to get used to these kinds of things from now on:blissy

I wonder how many pre-orders that they already got so far. It must be over 1000 already otherwise they would not put the ES at 1250.

Batman PF EX, Joker PF EX, and Ivy PF EX were sold out pretty fast despite the HUGE ES. I believe they were sold out within a week?

Deadpool PF has been up for 16 days now, maybe soon the EXs will be sold out.

Yeah then next time they will double it for the next hot release if it sells out fast. I hope it takes much longer to sell out. Otherwise next time the ES will be 2500 to 3500 or more :monkey1

So a difference of 500 in a worldwide population of almost 7 BILLION makes it that much more abundent??

You know that the excitement of places like this helps to DRIVE the ESs up. People hate the Vision and he got a 250 ES. People LOVED this one and you got a 1250.

I get what your saying but 7 billion cant all afford to buy a statue over 350 nor do more than half that know who deadpool even is

this is the biggest ES set for Marvel Character i dont mind if they set regular 2500 or above but Exclusive must be 500-750 not more than that at list for Marvel Line ........ now those days r long gone wherre statues sold in 1 day ....... now u have plenty of time to order statue even if its popular character .........so there is lack of excitement

my point is i concurred with dhaval if SS keep making the es bigger imo the thrill in collecting "rare" statue will be less.
well what do i know The Dark Lord Sauron who has 9500 es still sold out. and i also had PO DP ex :slap

No there's a lot of rob liefeld fans out there. That's the only reason I'm buying this. I'm sure many may agree? :monkey3 really I'm a huge liefeld fan and this is his creation!

Yeah, Liefeld's awesome :slap

Liefeldcaptainamerica.jpg

Collecting to me isn't just about collecting whatever. Rarity plays a big role 2nd to me liking something enough to buy it. The less there is of some the less people thst have it. These higher ES is more people cutting into my piece of the pie and im not much for sharing! That said I do have this PO'd from day 1. :D

This attitude is what is wrong with the world.

Why continue doing production peeks and upcoming products? Just release the item and let it sit there for weeks for people to mull over. I miss the days where I had seconds to think about if I wanted that statue or not and had to place my order before it was waitlisted based on the production tease. Now, the thrill is gone. I can wait weeks pondering if I really want it or not. The excitement is gone. It's a shame really. But that being said, I PO'd the EX. haha.

my point is i concurred with dhaval if SS keep making the es bigger imo the thrill in collecting "rare" statue will be less.
well what do i know The Dark Lord Sauron who has 9500 es still sold out. and i also had PO DP ex :slap

However, is it really SS deciding on an ES or are we driving the process now. I am new, but I know that for years there was the rush to get an EX or two, and then guys would sell one at a much higher price to finance the hobby. Now, there is nothing wrong with that, but SS never got a share of those profits. I think there are more collectors these days, and the new guys plus the old guard are both playing a game that SSC has gotten wise to. Hold back the ES number and let the market dictate what the supply should be. So all the guys here who bought 2 with the intention of selling one helped drive up the ES, and are now pissed because they won't be worth as much. If guys want low ES then stop rushing in whe hog to buy as many of these as you can. It is a risk, but just look what happened with the vision. Now if you are collecting a statue because you love the look of it then who cares who else has it. All this I like the fact that it is more rare talk should for the most part just be written as "I won't be able to sell it for as much in the after market". Are you really going to keep shinning about it for pages and pages or are you just going to cancel it OR maybe you will just be happy with a cool looking statue and move on?

Being exclusive is part of your brand. The moment you start to venture out is the moment people get disinterested. I think they have to balance the profits while still keeping items collectible.

There is nothing worse than going down to your local comic shop and seeing 5 PF's sitting on the shelf of the same one you just bought. It's like , why did I even get worked up about that?!

1250 is still small, but for a character like Deadpool I'd say that's pretty massive.

Why continue doing production peeks and upcoming products? Just release the item and let it sit there for weeks for people to mull over. I miss the days where I had seconds to think about if I wanted that statue or not and had to place my order before it was waitlisted based on the production tease. Now, the thrill is gone. I can wait weeks pondering if I really want it or not. The excitement is gone. It's a shame really. But that being said, I PO'd the EX. haha.

Slowly but surely Sideshow has taken a lot of the fun out of collecting these statues.

However, is it really SS deciding on an ES or are we driving the process now.

It is the collectors driving the process. SS does not want to overproduce and be stuck with product in their warehouse for years that won't sell. When they first started the Star Wars 1:6 line, they were selling over 10,000 of each figure, but they were such poor quality that collectors left and demand dropped to only about 2000 for each figure and some older figures did sit in stock for ages. Combine that with other products having no NRD and people ordering everything then cancelling when the product was ready to ship and you get a full warehouse.

why b/c you can't make money off of them? :lol

No, that's not it by a long shot. I'm sure they'll still be a demand for one in two or three years from now...$:lecture$ All this is telling me is that our hobby has grown more in popularity, and these larger ES are evident that times in our hobby are changing. I'm sure they didn't make this many to have them not sell out, which at some point they will. Just as long as the QC holds up.

Back