Premium Format Sideshow Captain America Premium Format 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Captain America Premium Format

Didn’t expect this so soon. Awesome
ead4b00c1f3321e28bcbb8b836aa1239.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A more classic variant is quite possible. Altho, we can't know for sure at the moment.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did it for this piece....

I don't know about a classic varient of this one. Now it is totally possible, but it would be an odd choice given all the modern tweaks. I guess they could go back and sand them down and go traditional, but I don't know if they would spend the capital to totally reprint this bad boy all over again.

I don't know about a classic varient of this one. Now it is totally possible, but it would be an odd choice given all the modern tweaks. I guess they could go back and sand them down and go traditional, but I don't know if they would spend the capital to totally reprint this bad boy all over again.

That's true if it's sculpted by hand. If it's a digital sculpt, those changes wouldn't be so costly or difficult. Either way I doubt we'll get a classic variant. Sideshow seems to be less inclined than ever to give us classic sculpts, much to my dismay.

That's true if it's sculpted by hand. If it's a digital sculpt, those changes wouldn't be so costly or difficult. Either way I doubt we'll get a classic variant. Sideshow seems to be less inclined than ever to give us classic sculpts, much to my dismay.

I doubt it is coming too, but damn I would love to see a classic head on this one.

What are the affiliate links in the facebook groups?

Not sure what you mean? Are you asking what an affiliate link is in general? It's the same as a referral link. The link contains the ID of the affiliate partner and he/she receives a reward if a purchase is made on the website via that link.

It's generally frowned upon to post these links in Facebook groups since it's just a way to try and lure as many people in as possible to use your link. Proper usage of these are on websites on banners etc.

The ONLY way I'd pick this up is if sideshow did offer a classic variant. Dog collar Cap isn't cutting it for me from what I've seen so far. It's a shame because I love Daniel Bel's work but sideshow is absolutely killing me with their choice of made up costume design on this piece (and Deathstroker).

There's no way they could get a classic style variant out of this without a whole new sculpt. Face it, the 20-40 year olds buying this stuff have no interest in the Pre-1980s classic art and designs. Jacked-up body proportions, tiny heads, over-the-top musculature, fancy belts and buckles, body armor, goofy eyes, plastic ****, not to mention Sideshow's desire to make their own design statements; the classics are dead and gone. Long live Crap!

This isn't the same statue as the Prime 1 tease is it? I remember that Sideshow and Prime 1 have been "collaborating" on their Marvel 1/4 statues... was wondering if this was it, with the chest part of the costume changed a bit.

slrw2p.jpg

A classic costume variant of this would be pretty awesome, with the wings on the helmet. Would Sideshow let us know of any variants like Prime 1 did with the Hush Batman and Superman?

This isn't the same statue as the Prime 1 tease is it? I remember that Sideshow and Prime 1 have been "collaborating" on their Marvel 1/4 statues... was wondering if this was it, with the chest part of the costume changed a bit.

slrw2p.jpg

A classic costume variant of this would be pretty awesome, with the wings on the helmet. Would Sideshow let us know of any variants like Prime 1 did with the Hush Batman and Superman?

Usually not. If sideshow does let us know there's a variant coming, they do so early on like with the HULK PFs and COMs. Under most circumstances, sideshow puts up variants well after the fact. It's normally a guessing game as to which PFs get a variant or not.

I’m loving this so far. Can’t wait for the full reveal.

Is anyone else unreasonably bothered by the font of the 'A' on his forehead? I'm so used to seeing a larger / wider set A on there, although I guess this more in line with the movie outfits. I do like that they've added the paneling on the torso section like the movie suit as well, but other design decisions here are kind of perplexing. Really curious to see the full reveal.

Another question - what's the usual timeframe for 12 days items to be fully revealed / go up for PO?

And now a new black widow to pair with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is anyone else unreasonably bothered by the font of the 'A' on his forehead? I'm so used to seeing a larger / wider set A on there, although I guess this more in line with the movie outfits. I do like that they've added the paneling on the torso section like the movie suit as well, but other design decisions here are kind of perplexing. Really curious to see the full reveal.

Another question - what's the usual timeframe for 12 days items to be fully revealed / go up for PO?

Funny enough, I like the slimmer A on his forehead. I always thought the fatter looking A was a bit too much for my tastes. It's just about everything else I don't care for with this costume. For me personally, a classic Cap is a must.

I like the variety... In costume and character. The same ol statues are boring and is the reason I started collecting customs. It is easier on the wallet though

PO'd: SSC Avengers assemble: Thor, Hulk, and Wasp/SSC Spider-Gwen/SSC Silk/SSC Baby Groot/SSC Thanos/XM-Studios Hulkbuster/XM-Studios Spider-Man/RCB Future Foundation Spider-Man/IBD Onslaught/IBD Sentry

Back