Premium Format Sideshow Captain America Premium Format 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup.... For those waiting for Cap A classic, best bet is wait for P1

A classic P1 Cap probably won't be in 1/4 scale. It'll most likely be in 1/3 scale. Besides, who knows when we'll see another 1/4 P1 Marvel statue? That's on lockdown right now. Either sideshow or Marvel put a stop to it.

Do you know what the reasoning was for the lockdown? Does that mean the P1 Venom is getting cancelled?

To my knowledge, nothing put up for PO already was cancelled. However, I remember reading in one of the forums that no new P1 Marvel statues will be put up for PO anytime soon.

To my knowledge, nothing put up for PO already was cancelled. However, I remember reading in one of the forums that no new P1 Marvel statues will be put up for PO anytime soon.

Yup...they also teased a Daredevil 1/4 statue. Pretty sure it’s shelved or even cancelled so Sideshow can sell their Sideshowified version.

I think if an item doesn't receive much love it will be cancelled even after it goes up for preorder. I think this happened recently with one of their Independence Day pieces, where collectors were refunded their deposits.

I’m curious as to why these things happen? Are Sideshow and P1 connected or something? I mean did P1 not obtain permission straight from Marvel to make their statues? I don’t get why they have to stop.

But if that’s the case, then why would P1 even bother with starting to make these statues?

They may have wanted to supply a region outside of North America. Or they did get limited permission by Sideshow, but it was probably revoked. Or Sideshow are asking Prime 1 to hold off for awhile, while they get their own pieces out.

It’s not like they’re really competing in the same scale :dunno

Not currently.

But I believe the point discussed above was that they may have had other Marvel prototypes in 1/4 scale? Or did I miss read.

But I'm sure they would've preferred to be more in the 1/4 scale market than they're currently in. Larger market and as such potentially larger profit.

Not currently.

But I believe the point discussed above was that they may have had other Marvel prototypes in 1/4 scale? Or did I miss read.

But I'm sure they would've preferred to be more in the 1/4 scale market than they're currently in. Larger market and as such potentially larger profit.

The only 1/4 scale I’ve seen are DC

They may have wanted to supply a region outside of North America. Or they did get limited permission by Sideshow, but it was probably revoked. Or Sideshow are asking Prime 1 to hold off for awhile, while they get their own pieces out.

Why would P1 need/care about Sideshow’s permission/asking them to hold off? Is it just because Sideshow sells their statues on their site? And if this is anywhere near true....why do they have this relationship? Are they competitors or not?

Surely P1 could find someone other than Sideshow to distribute for them, and is the distribution via Sideshow really that important that they’re ok with it interfering in what they make?

It just seems like an odd relationship to me if they’re not actually owned by the same company.

Why would P1 need/care about Sideshow’s permission/asking them to hold off? Is it just because Sideshow sells their statues on their site? And if this is anywhere near true....why do they have this relationship? Are they competitors or not?

Surely P1 could find someone other than Sideshow to distribute for them, and is the distribution via Sideshow really that important that they’re ok with it interfering in what they make?

It just seems like an odd relationship to me if they’re not actually owned by the same company.

As has been noted, Sideshow holds the licence to produce many character lines in the 1/4 scale in North America (and possibly in other areas/countries as well). I assume they purchase the rights from Marvel (Disney - Star Wars), DC etc, to be the 'sole' producer of statues in the 1/4 scale.

The New 52 line by Prime 1 was only possible (as well as a few other select Marvel pieces) because Sideshow allowed them to piggyback on top of their licence. Probably for a fee of some sort.

Yeah I saw that earlier, but what about the Cap statue? That was going to be a 1/3, right?

Yeah I saw that earlier, but what about the Cap statue? That was going to be a 1/3, right?

Honestly I'm not sure. Which is why I later said I may have miss read if we were talking about 1/4 or 1/3 scale. As I've never seen a 1/3 Marvel piece. Only their Spidey line in 1/4 scale and as such I may have made an incorrect assumption.

P1's Spidey 2099, Anti-Venom, and the Dark Origins Venom are in 1/4 scale. Dark Origins Venom actually looks like the Thanos MAQ (both are listed as 1/4 but look to actually be closer to 1/3 scale). The Cap they teased was also announced to be in 1/4 scale. I believe that P1 also took over the classic Spidey sculpt that IA was working on (after IA lost the Marvel license) and planned on releasing it in their Spidey line. DD was rumored to be 1/4 scale as well. So, it's obvious P1 had plenty of 1/4 Marvel pieces in the works and that was stopped cold. It looks like Spidey 2099, Anti-Venom, and Dark Origins Venom will be the only 1/4 Marvel statues we'll be seeing from P1 for now.

Back