Sideshow Berserker helmet already RECASTED!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy H

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I've been lurking here for a long time. I had to register and say something about this. It kills me that I pay hundreds of dollars for a "limited edition" numbered item just to see it recasted within days of it's release. I'd like to know what does Sideshow do about it? Who the hell does this guy think he is??? Sorry guys, just needed to vent. Here is a link to his ebay auction. https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110649845782&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

-Jimmy

Yeah, its most likely a recast. It more closely resembles the SS piece than any of the fan-made versions of it. Strange thing is that its from TEXAS, instead of the usual overseas perpetrators.

But its already almost $200 (and its not done yet), for a knock-off without a stand. The originals are still only going for $300, so why would anyone even want it? :dunno

i don't own the SSC piece so i can't tell if it's recasted or not. it definitely looks cheaper from the pics. but you almost always see those coming from Asia, not TX. has anybody sent the seller a message asking what it is? if it is recasted, it doesn't say so in the auction and he'd have hell to pay if it is.

if it wasnt a recast, they would at least include the base and mention SS as the manufacturer. Caseys jaw looks way different cause his doesnt stick out as far from the front. The 1:1 Classic skull was recasted before it even shipped. Sadly, recasts these days look just as good as the original.

i don't own the SSC piece so i can't tell if it's recasted or not. it definitely looks cheaper from the pics. but you almost always see those coming from Asia, not TX. has anybody sent the seller a message asking what it is? if it is recasted, it doesn't say so in the auction and he'd have hell to pay if it is.

Maybe someone in China has a relative who lives in Texas? :huh

Could be a fake location. I'd won something off ebay before, said it was coming from somewhere stateside, wound up getting a package from Hong Kong...

Yeah, its most likely a recast. It more closely resembles the SS piece than any of the fan-made versions of it. Strange thing is that its from TEXAS, instead of the usual overseas perpetrators.

But its already almost $200 (and its not done yet), for a knock-off without a stand. The originals are still only going for $300, so why would anyone even want it? :dunno

I think the kind of people possibly bidding on these recasts are likely costumers/cosplayers who plan on wearing it with a costume and don't mind that it doesn't come with a stand or even want one. I know back in the day Star Wars costumers were buying recasts of the Don Post Boba Fett fiberglass helmet to wear. They didn't see the need to pay extra for a name plaque and stand, and on top of that have to re-do a terrible paint job.

Regardless I don't condone recasting either, I think it's in bad taste to pawn someone else's sculpt off as yours.

Maybe someone in China has a relative who lives in Texas? :huh
that still seems like a bad idea. if the guy is actually selling a recasted SSC product in the states, they can come down on him hard. it's not like in Asia where they can just say "ha ha silly American lawyers" and keep selling bootlegs with impunity.

Jimmy, don't worry it happens all the time. I got ripped off by Icons years ago on the very first pred helmet. I actually got to talk to the guy that made them for icons, he got ripped off by them to. Anyways he told me that when anything from props to comic statues are made over there (China)there are always employees that take the molds, get prototypes so on. There are numerous prototypes available from collectors. I actually got ahold of one. Collecting has it's draw backs, but I have seen recast and they are nice looking but to me not as well done. Chris.

Back