1/6 Sideshow ASH - Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap! Stunning job!

Is it me or does that repaint especially the eyes bring out a better Bruce likeness?

IMG_5590_zpszzukw1wf.jpg

IMG_5589_zpstglsa9ib.jpg

IMG_5591_zpsps1pcob1.jpg

Eyes repainted

Well got mine today and it is a great figure. I had some problems though. On mine when i tried seeing how the gun would looks inside the holster i heard a snap sound. It seems the trigger is very flimsy and not glued on worth a ****. As i tried putting the gun in hand it came clean off. Thank god for super glue, it should hold. Also those damn traps on the gun holster drove me nuts. I ended up cutting them a little short but meh.

I aslo did the duck tape on the stump. Looks way better than that white adhesive crap they used. I wont bother posting too many pics as too many awesome shots are on here already.

Fantastic work Schmitty! Does anyone know if the head can be taken apart to move the eyes up like you can for Snake Plissken? I think part of the problem with Ash is that the iris takes up the whole eye right now. I think showing some white on the bottom (like you did Schmitty) would help a lot.

Fantastic work Schmitty! Does anyone know if the head can be taken apart to move the eyes up like you can for Snake Plissken? I think part of the problem with Ash is that the iris takes up the whole eye right now. I think showing some white on the bottom (like you did Schmitty) would help a lot.

The eyes are painted as far as I know.

Fantastic. Repped! Do you mind taking a close up in brighter or natural light?

Wow, I don't think some appreciate that the eyes will make or break a sculpt! I guarantee that is what went wrong with the HT ANH Luke. Sculpt is the same. But, awesome job on the eyes!

It's what went wrong with the unison han solo too!

Got mine today fairly mixed feelings..... my experience of this beaut was ruined by SS quality control mine has at least 7 paint rubs on the hands and the body straight out the box. Anybody else have this? :horse:banghead

The most noticeable is the arm the paint rubs off when bending.

Apart from the paint issues this is really nice :lecture

Out of the box, this is the best SSC 1/6 figure I've ever gotten. My QC is great, all I did was pose the damn thing and put on the shelf. I hope they can keep this up for Jack Burton. This looks fantastic!

Fantastic. Repped! Do you mind taking a close up in brighter or natural light?

Wow, I don't think some appreciate that the eyes will make or break a sculpt! I guarantee that is what went wrong with the HT ANH Luke. Sculpt is the same. But, awesome job on the eyes!

Thank you! I'll try and snap some pics tomorrow, apologies for taking so long.

So guys... thinking about selling the severed hand... here's the thing, for how much? If anyone is interested, send me an offer.

Got mine today. Only had a second to peek before I needed to run out. Everything looked solid on the whole. Bit of a mold seam on the left arm but otherwise good. I'll inspect more tonight.

So, overall it's a rad figure. Very basic, and certainly NOT worth the asking price, but if you want an Ash for a reasonable price, this is the way you've gotta go. I added some smoke for a mid shell ejection set up. Not 100% happy with the pose but I'll play with it tomorrow more.
48edccbac5e121a0d1c4174a78aeb084.jpg
44e9af22e789b08ae429ebe0af1af1e3.jpg
6e6c29d1bda869b9528b838609da05ab.jpg

Does anyone else's have this mold mark on the back of the arm?
1b2b48090dc08710f9437e404b3a626b.jpg

My body is good. Swivel at the bicep is a bit loose. The pegs on the body were oddly painted, so I swapped them out for a set from the spare hands. I've got two paint scuffs on the arm, and yeah, the hinge peeled when I bent the arm. That's a bit frustrating for a high end product. Otherwise though, everything looks good and I definitely agree, it's SS's best work so far.

I don't consider ssc to be all that high end frankly. Even though this seems to be one of their best figures in awhile, it's still clearly sub Hot Toys, which is really the standard I judge others by at this point.

I have that mark on mine followed by 8 paint defects and a ****** seam on the arm. :dunno

So, overall it's a rad figure. Very basic, and certainly NOT worth the asking price, but if you want an Ash for a reasonable price, this is the way you've gotta go. I added some smoke for a mid shell ejection set up. Not 100% happy with the pose but I'll play with it tomorrow more.
48edccbac5e121a0d1c4174a78aeb084.jpg
44e9af22e789b08ae429ebe0af1af1e3.jpg
6e6c29d1bda869b9528b838609da05ab.jpg

Does anyone else's have this mold mark on the back of the arm?
1b2b48090dc08710f9437e404b3a626b.jpg

My body is good. Swivel at the bicep is a bit loose. The pegs on the body were oddly painted, so I swapped them out for a set from the spare hands. I've got two paint scuffs on the arm, and yeah, the hinge peeled when I bent the arm. That's a bit frustrating for a high end product. Otherwise though, everything looks good and I definitely agree, it's SS's best work so far.

Mine has the exact same defect on the elbow. Must be how the mold was. Other than that, the figure is very awesome in my opinion.

Back