1/6 Sideshow ASH - Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It might be too early to tell but it's highly unlikely that a company like sideshow would produce an Ash figure to match the level of quality of the High End custom offering. It will be good though considering how improved sideshows product has become, and they certainly have access to all the research material they would need to make this a hit. I'm just interested in seeing how much of it will be influenced by the High End Customs art-world previous input and development.

Last edited:
This just gets better and better Denny Kim has the license and is doing army of darkness ash with another company! Sick sick sick! :panic:

Yep, just saw that... I'm guessing that it will either be region specific, or maybe they'll have AOD or ED. The facebook post said Evil Dead, but then had an Army of Darkness poster :huh

Sideshow's just talking about II, but that's really the one you want to have. I love Evil Dead and AOD, but the 2nd movie is the most iconic and has the better looking characters.

Yep, just saw that... I'm guessing that it will either be region specific, or maybe they'll have AOD or ED. The facebook post said Evil Dead, but then had an Army of Darkness poster :huh

Sideshow's just talking about II, but that's really the one you want to have. I love Evil Dead and AOD, but the 2nd movie is the most iconic and has the better looking characters.

Judging from the the picture and the comment it's army of darkness either way It's awesome news! It's about time evil dead got more official love. I'd happily buy a hero ash and an army or darkness could even go as far as 2 sculpts with the long jaw.

All this evil dead love is awesome!

NECA mego 8" ash

100_6716.JPG

There's also a Deadite verstion... although I don't get why NECA gives him both hands? Even on the 6" figure, they gave the Deadite 2 hands when there was a regular Ash w/o the hand :lol :huh

Evil_Dead_2_Deadite_Ash_8_Inch_Retro_Figure_by_NECA__70601.1394860069.1280.1280.jpg

I guess it's from the brief period when he's first possessed.

Yeah, that must be it... you'd at least think they'd have the option since the majority of the time he's possessed he's w/o the hand.

Maybe it would look awkward to just pull the hand out without modding the stub somehow, and that might add extra production costs. I guess they figure collectors will pop it off if they want to.

Today I just watched Evil Dead 2 for the first time ever. Crazy!

I saw Army of Darkness when it came out and kind of always assumed that it was not really related to the first two movies. I had no idea that ED2 literally transitioned right into it. I thought AoD began with him working in the present at S-Mart? Am I just remembering that wrong?

Totally surreal to watch ED2 for the first time 20 years after AoD. Its like the first "prequel" that I've seen decades after the previous movie that was actually good. :lol

Much better than I thought it would be. I had no idea that it had such action hero elements. I thought all the chainsaw hand/sawed off shotgun stuff started in AoD. I've been missing out! It kind of felt like the first Terminator where pretty much everything is super low budget and then all of a sudden at the very climax you get these surprisingly sweet visuals. I never thought they'd actually show what that creature who zooms through the forest looks like.

I'm totally buzzing right now. On a whim I recorded it on the DVR when it was on EPIX HD. Obviously I didn't get to grow up with it like a lot of you guys but if I *had* seen it in 1987 or 1988 it wouldn't have been in the theater. It would have been a VHS displayed on a 19 inch tube. So at least my first watch was widescreen high def. Totally trippy cool movie.

Huh, I saw ED2 years after AoD too :lol :1-1:

If AoD is comedy-horror then ED2 is horror-comedy (if you know what I mean).

Back