Sideshow, are you taking notes?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JustinLuck said:
Hmm, mine are tight. When did you buy yours and which presidents? So far, I have the bodies for JFK, Ronald Reagon 2nd ed, and Bush Jr.

How long has Toy Presidents been selling these bodies?
Jefferson, Jackson, Franklin, and Dubya. I bought them all this year, starting in February I think. Maybe the ankle joints are just hit and miss like the longer leg.

I want more but like someone else mentioned some of the sculpts are just yuck.

eh. I'm happy with the SSC stuff but I do want to make a Harry Trasker Arnold Custom from True Lies out of the Terminator so knowing that there are affordable suits out there is definitely a plus but will they fit a big boy body?

I just have a question. How are Bush Jr.'s cowboy boots in person. In the photos they look very big and dorky. Are they any better in person?

Buttmunch said:
I just have a question. How are Bush Jr.'s cowboy boots in person. In the photos they look very big and dorky. Are they any better in person?
Nope, not in my opinion anyways. They look okay covered by his pants, but they don't look or fit like real boots. The opening is waaay to wide.

Sure Sideshow could improve the bodies. But I have some of the Toy Presidents stuff, and to say the tailoring or cloth is superior to SSC's seems crazy to me. The tailoring on Skinner's and Dogget's suits are excellent and very much improved over Mulder's. And "shortcuts" such as an elastic band for the tie is to make it lie better under the collar.

Just as some may jump to defend SSC no matter what, others seem to try and find fault even when they have to create it.

I personally do prefer the toy presidents type of tie, it looks more realistic since it is actually tied as opposed to the elastic band, but only if you are looking closely.

I just bought a ToyPresident Truman suit... I think for $10 its great. Although the pants are way too baggy and long, for that price you get a lined jacket, pants, shirt with cufflinks, an excellent tie, shoes and socks. That's huge for $10. And with a little minor sewing and tailoring, the suit is perfect.

Granted the Dragon suits are better in fit, but they only come in single breast gray, green (very rare), brown or black...and that's if you can find them. ToyPresidents has a lot of choices -- double-breasted, single, pin-stripe, vest or no vest, old style with wide lapels, newer suits, etc. I say get 'em while they last.

Darklord Dave said:
And "shortcuts" such as an elastic band for the tie is to make it lie better under the collar.

Just as some may jump to defend SSC no matter what, others seem to try and find fault even when they have to create it.

I don't know about your Skinner, but the elastic band on mine is too large, so there is a noticeable gap between the tie knot and the collar. Not to mention, the collar material is so thick, it is difficult to fold neatly over anything, let alone an elastic loop.

Tell me again how I am 'creating' a fault.

clipboard6002pm1.jpg

The outfit looks nice but it looks too baggy on that body. I'm sure the SS Body could be better as everything could but to say these bodies and clothes are better just seems crazy to me. I have a absolute hard time believing that at $10 bucks these are better than what we're getting from SS. I'm sure for $10 bucks they are nice but that would be about as far as I could imagine it going.

Darklord Dave said:

Yup

hey justin, may I request a full pic of the whole suit on the body? I think I'm just going to get the body and switch the heads.... if anything I can retailor the pants to my likings... yes I do know how to sew.... HAHAHAHHAHA

Darklord Dave said:

:crying Stop making fun of them!!!
Oh, BTW, did we create the "fault" with Brent as well?
Ahhhhh, nevermind, the pros and cons will never see eye to eye. You're always going to have the blind followers and those that think anything can be improved. Somewhere in between the two is where Sideshow lies. And, as good or bad as some of their items may be to some, I still like having them around. That doesn't mean I want them to stop improving though.

Ironman1188 said:
Ahhhhh, nevermind, the pros and cons will never see eye to eye. You're always going to have the blind followers and those that think anything can be improved. Somewhere in between the two is where Sideshow lies. And, as good or bad as some of their items may be to some, I still like having them around. That doesn't mean I want them to stop improving though.

I disagree that the pros and cons can never see eye to eye. Plenty of times both sides do. I know I'm lumped into the blind follower categorie for sure by several folks. However, I'm not dumb enough to say that SS stuff is perfect and without fault. There are plenty of SS stuff that I don't care for and could use a bit of help to be better. Everything could be improved for sure in one way or another. However, I do think there is plenty that falls into the if it ain't broke don't fix it either. In the end I'm happy where SS stuff is and I think it's the best out there. For me it has nothing to do with being a blind follower but just enjoying what I buy. I have too many things in life to stress over that are far more important than some $60 Figure. Besides there are plenty on the boards begging for changes so I just let them do the work.

In the end I want the best product my money can get. I am a strong supporter but in no way a blind follower. I just don't get all riled up over some of the small things that get brought up.

Now, I know that Ironman wasn't talking to me directly but I wanted to give my POV since I know as I said I'm looked at as a Fanboy, Blind Follwer, etc.

jlcmsu said:
The outfit looks nice but it looks too baggy on that body. I'm sure the SS Body could be better as everything could but to say these bodies and clothes are better just seems crazy to me. I have a absolute hard time believing that at $10 bucks these are better than what we're getting from SS. I'm sure for $10 bucks they are nice but that would be about as far as I could imagine it going.

I strongly encourage you to purchase one of these suits (only $10, right?) and see it in person. If you own a Skinner or other Sideshow figure with formal attire, you can appreciate the difference.

jlcmsu said:
Now, I know that Ironman wasn't talking to me directly but I wanted to give my POV since I know as I said I'm looked at as a Fanboy, Blind Follwer, etc.

And... all around nice guy :D

jlcmsu said:
I just don't get all riled up over some of the small things that get brought up.

I certainly don't feel 'riled up' talking about what can be improved. Seeing what things can be improved are merely observations; not intense scrutiny as you might think. On the other hand, reading some of these posts, that imply it is wrong to constructively criticize, does make me wonder if there are feelings of animosity behind them...

snakebeater said:
hey justin, may I request a full pic of the whole suit on the body? I think I'm just going to get the body and switch the heads.... if anything I can retailor the pants to my likings... yes I do know how to sew.... HAHAHAHHAHA

Hi Venny,

Yes, these suits are tailored for the Toy Presidents bodies. The pants are a little baggy, but only with some of the suits. The pin stripe suit is a bit baggy, but not that noticeable. The dark blue suit has a good fit. Infact, I wouldn't want it any tighter, otherwise the legs would be noticeably skinny. To fit on a Sideshow body, the jacket sleeves will need to be lengthened. Fortunately, there is extra material sewn inside the sleeve that can be brought out for additional sleeve length. I don't know how they will fit on the Hot Toys Generation Life bodies yet. Those bodies are what I plan on using them with. The GL bodies should be shipped this coming week.

Last edited:
JustinLuck said:
I strongly encourage you to purchase one of these suits (only $10, right?) and see it in person. If you own a Skinner or other Sideshow figure with formal attire, you can appreciate the difference.

I might. Just for giggles more than anything. I'd probably get the Harry S. Truman figure. Since he's the only President from Missouri.

Ironman1188 said:
And... all around nice guy :D

I do try. Honestly, I do. :D

JustinLuck said:
I certainly don't feel 'riled up' talking about what can be improved. Seeing what things can be improved are merely observations; not intense scrutiny as you might think. On the other hand, reading some of these posts, that imply it is wrong to constructively criticize, does make me wonder if there are feelings of animosity behind them...

This is true. The folks that do get riled up are the ones that act like SS is trying to put out shoddy product or something like that. I have no problem nor have ever had problems with constructive criticisim. In the end it's all about the delivery especially on the net. That's where a lot gets lost on both ends and what I think gets taken out of context with my post

JustinLuck said:
Hi Venny,

Yes, these suits are tailored for the Toy Presidents bodies. The pants are a little baggy, but only with some of the suits. The pin stripe suit is a bit baggy, but not that noticeable. The dark blue suit has a good fit. Infact, I wouldn't want it any tighter, otherwise the legs would be noticeably skinny. To fit on a Sideshow body, the jacket sleeves will need to be lengthened. Fortunately, there is extra material sewn inside the sleeve that can be brought out for additional sleeve length. I don't know how they will fit on the Hot Toys Generation Life bodies yet. Those bodies are what I plan on using them with. The GL bodies should be shipped this coming week.

Thanks for the info man.. I think I'm gonna get the George W. one along with the kennedy one...

I for one think these suits look fantastic... and for 10 bux only.... thats almost a steal....

Yeah, I'm waiting for the Bush Sr. suit to come back in stock. I like the look of it, for the exception of the missing jacket pockets.

Back