Sideshow, are the days of the 1/4 scale comiquettes over?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Punisher is a damn decent size, and hulk looks F-ing huge, has anyone done the actual units size differenec between 1/4 and 1/5 scale, if you look at the pic of spidey and hobby you can mainly see the difference in the hands and head, but having a pose where the body is all hunched or folded doesn't help in comparing sizes either.

In terms of height it's a couple of inches between 1/4 and 1/5. But there is a noticeable difference to the bulk of the sculpt.
1/5 scale is 25% smaller than 1/4.

Mixing scales costs sideshow a purchase from me. I won't buy 1/5.

Scale issues are just with height but proportions. The width of the character themselves, the circumferences of arms, legs, head, etc. In reality height doesn't mean ____.

Are you serious ?....HG looks tiny.

spideycomparesmall.jpg

are kiddin, look at how far foward spidey is leaning out ahead of the base and apple, while HG is positioned directly above the base and apple.

you guys making assumptions of what is 1/5 or 1/4 scale judged solely on an apple and not considering where the apple is located in relation to the overall statue. again if you don't like then don't order it, just like the Hulks hairdo, it'll just keep going and going.:horse

It would be nice to get an official word from Sideshow but even with perspectives that are slightly off, I don't see how Hobgoblin can be 1/4 scale.

Still I hope you are right Quad, it would be very sad if Sideshow was so out of touch with their customers that they made a 1/5 scale Hobgoblin when Spidey comiquette and PF are both 1/4 scale.

If we do find out it's 1/5 scale, I urge those that want the future releases to be 1/4 to call and cancel and try to get your deposit back. Apart from the Marvel ladies, I think 1/5 scale is just a stepping stone to make more money for Sideshow and they will come out with 1/4 versions later anyways.

They will lose my business from anything 1/5 scale...Only way to stop them from keeping up with 1/5 scale X-men and such is to NOT BUY...
Meanwhile, if you support a larger scale don't buy the 1/5 no matter which character it is.
This is the crux of it because I am a HUGE X-Men fan and I planned on buying every, single, Sideshow X-character made. However, I cannot support 1/5th scale and have passed on all of the recent X-Men 1/5th.

If Sideshow eats enough 1/5th, they will get the point.

It would be nice to get an official word from Sideshow but even with perspectives that are slightly off, I don't see how Hobgoblin can be 1/4 scale.

Still I hope you are right Quad, it would be very sad if Sideshow was so out of touch with their customers that they made a 1/5 scale Hobgoblin when Spidey comiquette and PF are both 1/4 scale.

If we do find out it's 1/5 scale, I urge those that want the future releases to be 1/4 to call and cancel and try to get your deposit back. Apart from the Marvel ladies, I think 1/5 scale is just a stepping stone to make more money for Sideshow and they will come out with 1/4 versions later anyways.

yeah, maybe i'm just trying to make it feel like 1/4 scale to justify my purchase since if it is 1/5 scale and alot smaller than the other three, then i'm going to be somewhat disappointed :monkey2

i know it's ssc and anythings possible, but why on earth would they make this in a differant scale than the previous ones:dunno man i hope not.:gah:

SS doesn't care about accuracy or scale. just look at their representative's response to issues with kratos as well as the whole "same scale" debate.

are kiddin, look at how far foward spidey is leaning out ahead of the base and apple, while HG is positioned directly above the base and apple.
I really don't think the distance Spidey is leaning forward accounts for the discrepancy in scale we see in those pics. But based on that argument, how do you account for the different relative sizes of their legs? Spidey's are all the against the wall, and seem larger than Hobgoblin's.

But the whole point of wanting Sideshow to list scale is to give us this distinction. You are right that we don't have the complete picture based on the apples alone, and more instances of giving Hulk Com.-type pics are, at least, required.

There is no reason why SS shouldn't list the scale on the "Specs" tab for each piece they release except $$$. This way everyone would know 1/4 scale, 1/5 scale, etc and buy or not buy accordingly. However, SS may be afraid to do this as it will discourage collectors from buying certain pieces if they are not in the scale they collect, so they put the apple comparison in there as a way of sort of answering the question but leaving it open to a lot of guessing. Come on SS, please list scale on all pieces.

I think they may not want to include it because they know it wouldn't be 100% correct. You can't have a 1/4 scale Hulk without a 1/1 scale Hulk to really compare it to. Even the life-sized busts aren't listed as 1/1 scale (I don't think), though that's what they presumably are. They have rough scales, though, and lines that are made to be in-scale with one another. By listing other items that should be similar in scale, I think they avoid being accused of listing inaccuracies. PFs are always 1/4 scale, right? So that is that. But with Comiquettes, maybe break them down into line categories of some sort. A given category for 1/5 scale statues, another for 1/4 scale statues, and something else entirely as a catch-all for the odd Comiquette/Maquette that is 1/10th scale or whatever.

I know they have a mixture of 1/5 and 1/4 scale comiquettes but at least keep the themed pieces the same scale, since Spidey, Venom and Carnage are 1/4 scale make all of his villains as 1/4 scale.

I really don't think the distance Spidey is leaning forward accounts for the discrepancy in scale we see in those pics. But based on that argument, how do you account for the different relative sizes of their legs? Spidey's are all the against the wall, and seem larger than Hobgoblin's.

But the whole point of wanting Sideshow to list scale is to give us this distinction. You are right that we don't have the complete picture based on the apples alone, and more instances of giving Hulk Com.-type pics are, at least, required.

yeah, maybe i'm just trying to make it feel like 1/4 scale to justify my purchase since if it is 1/5 scale and alot smaller than the other three, then i'm going to be somewhat disappointed :monkey2

i know it's ssc and anythings possible, but why on earth would they make this in a differant scale than the previous ones:dunno man i hope not.:gah:

all they have to do is pose the stupid statue with an already released piece such as venom etc.
the more i see this the more i'm thinking it's going to be on the small side (maybe all the posting) and if so i wonder what ssc would do about it since i just assumed it would be in the same scale as the others:monkey2

I can't agree more...1/4 scale all the way. Once I started on the PF's I've lost intereest in anything smaller than 1/4 scale no matter how cool it looks. The PF line is just too amazing for me. Its like having a 65 inch tv and trying to go back to 55 inch. The picture is still great but the sheer difference in size is too much for me to overcome. Same concept applies to PF's for me anyways.

Back