SIDESHOW and Hasbro together on 3 3/4 environments?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DarthNeil

Read this in the Hasbro Star Wars Q&A posted on the GalacticHunter.com website:

Galactic Hunter: At Dragon*Con 2007 this [past] weekend Heath Hammond from Sideshow Collectibles stated (to the audience) that Sideshow and Hasbro are in talks to produce playsets/environments in the 3 ¾" scale. Can we get any sort of official comment from Hasbro on this?

HASBRO: We can confirm that we have had discussions with Sideshow but any public confirmation beyond this is premature.

Anyone else have any inside scoop on this?... I've got tons (literally) of Hasbro 3 3/4 that I'd love to be able to pose in movie accurate environments.

I think it'd be nice to have Sideshow quality environments for Hasbro figures. A nice Death Star II environment for Luke, Vader and the Emperor, a nice Jabba's palace with his throne would rock. I hope this pans out.

I think it'd be nice to have Sideshow quality environments for Hasbro figures. A nice Death Star II environment for Luke, Vader and the Emperor, a nice Jabba's palace with his throne would rock. I hope this pans out.

I agree completely-- and I'll add a couple of other must-haves... The Cantina and a Millenium Falcon c_o_c_k_pit.

Hasbro's current Star Wars figures are the best they've ever done. So much so that I've felt obliged to start collecting them again!

I agree. For $6 you're not going to get a PF--but the quality that are being released in comparison to only two years ago is staggering (for most--there's always an exception).

If we can't get a Millenium Falcon c_o_c_k_pit or Cantina for the 1/6 SS line here's hoping that SS put their attention to detail on environments for the 3 3/4 Hasbro line.

Then maybe I can change this...

Hasbro's current Star Wars figures are the best they've ever done. So much so that I've felt obliged to start collecting them again!
I fully agree... my interest in the Hasbro line was all but dead until recently, when they've really been outdoing themselves. Sideshow-quality environments would be too awesome, though highly dangerous for my wallet.

We especially need high quality Cantina and Jabba's Palace sets.

I feel the same way....I fugures, that the Hasbro figures are the best the have ever been....since I completely stopped collecting them about two or three years ago!

But I just hope this means that Habsro and Sideshow can work out a deal to license and produce GI Joe pieces via Sideshow....

Statues and super cool looking PF's!

Baroness and Scarlett PF! ....Oh, Yes.....Yes, indeed!!!! :monkey5

This is indeed an excellent prospect. I stopped collecting Hasbro because I was a carded completist and there was simply too much stuff coming out and too many re-hashes. So I sold my collection and went into Sideshow and Medicom stuff. However, I agree that the quality of the figures is exceptional at the moment, particularly the VOTC and evolutions figures. If there were to be high quality dioramas produced by Sideshow I'd definately buy some of the new loose figures to put into these dioramas. There are some great possibilities.

ANH: Cantina; Inside of the Falcon; Trash Compactor; Death Star Docking bay.
ESB: Hoth Control Centre; Executor Bridge; Carbon Freezing Chamber.
ROTJ: Jabba's Palace; Ewok village; Emperor's chamber.
TPM: Jedi Council; Theed Hangar
AOTC: Kamino platform; Geonosis arena
ROTS: Invisible Hand Bridge; Utapau Envoronment; Mustafar platform.

Bring them on.

Hasbro are always saying that the don't make enough money from the playsets to make it worth it to make them, so i guess it goes the same way the 12 inch line did and give it to someone else and let the fans who really want top quallity pay the higher price.

Hasbro are always saying that the don't make enough money from the playsets to make it worth it to make them, so i guess it goes the same way the 12 inch line did and give it to someone else and let the fans who really want top quallity pay the higher price.

The trouble is, most of Hasbro's previous environments were simplistic and interpretive, designed to give collectors and kids who would play with them something. Sideshow designed environments would be more true to film and really designed solely to make an impressive shelf display for the die hard collector, which I think would sell better. I bought the Mustafar playset because I bought everything related to the big duel, but it is very childish in design. Something by Sideshow would be very realistically sculpted and painted. I wonder if the Sandtrooper dio from Sideshow has anything to do with this; the Stormtroopers look about Hasbro figure scale, so maybe this was a way to see how figures in that scale would look against Sideshow product.

The trouble is, most of Hasbro's previous environments were simplistic and interpretive, designed to give collectors and kids who would play with them something. Sideshow designed environments would be more true to film and really designed solely to make an impressive shelf display for the die hard collector, which I think would sell better. I bought the Mustafar playset because I bought everything related to the big duel, but it is very childish in design. Something by Sideshow would be very realistically sculpted and painted. I wonder if the Sandtrooper dio from Sideshow has anything to do with this; the Stormtroopers look about Hasbro figure scale, so maybe this was a way to see how figures in that scale would look against Sideshow product.

I too bought the Mustafar playset but now I simply use it to display my favourite clone troopers (the 501st) along with Darth Vader in his personal sith fighter (as seen in the far upper right).

I'd love for SS to create the intricate detail of a Jabba's Palace room or even the interior of the Millenium Falcon with functioning lights in order to display some of the better Hasbro offerings (and there have been some--look no farther than most of the VOTC line)... It would be items for collectors and therefor SS would be the ideal company to tackle these unique "non-playsets" but rather envrionments. Let's face it--- we're never going to see these envrionments for the 1/6 scale--- possible as dioramas--but even then they'll be much smaller.

My only requirement if SSC does Jabba's palace, PLEASE, oh PLEASE, let them reduce down their 1/6 Jabba to Hasbro size so we can finally have a definitive ROTJ Jabba for our Hasbro collections, and let SSC paint it too.

My only requirement if SSC does Jabba's palace, PLEASE, oh PLEASE, let them reduce down their 1/6 Jabba to Hasbro size so we can finally have a definitive ROTJ Jabba for our Hasbro collections, and let SSC paint it too.

:rotfl Definitely!

There has never been a Carbon Freeze set that looks good. I have the hasbro one from the late 90's,.. I can just see a light-up chamber to battle everyone's Vader and Luke.

I really like this idea. I would love to get Jabba's throne room, Emperor's Throne with the big window, Wampa Cave, Yoda's hut and dagobah environment. Really for the big ones they could plan ahead and sell them in sections to put together into one big set.

I'm not to interested in this since I don't really want to dedicate space to environments, but its a cool idea. And probably a good money maker for Sideshow as thcy could attract the 3 3/4" crowd that then might stay for some 1/6, PF, 1:1 and Diorama love.

If they did this, I don't know what I'd do! I think I would have to drop every single other toy line I collect to support it.

Back