Statue Sideshow Alien Warrior Mythos Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When a polystone headsculpt looks this good, let me know.
sideshow-collectibles-vito-corleone-quarter-superb-scale-statue-by-blitzway.jpg

There are many types of PVC, they can be cheap/expensive/sturdy/soft.
But polystone is always cheap and fragile...

Never said it had better detail. But there are different grades of pvc. The cancer known as funko is probably on the low end of the spectrum.

All depends on the resin mix.

I've got Garage kits that are JUST as detailed.

We're talking polystone here - the material everyone on here jerks off over as though it is some sort of exotic medium, when really it is cheap and nasty, lol. Translucent resin, like Prime 1 uses, provides awesome details.

I stand by my comment - PVC does provide better details, as shown in that picture. Blitzway aren't stupid...their statues are made of polystone, but they use PVC for the sculpts. Why would they use PVC for the headsculpts if it didn't provide a more detailed and realistic portrait? May as well stick with polystone like the rest of the sculpture.

All I'm saying is that it has it's uses, be it for headsculpts, accessories on a statue that have little details, whatever. Making blanket statements like 'PVC is crap and is reserved for cheap stuff like Funko Pop' is a bit ignorant. I applaud companies who use mixed media in their statues and use the right product to produce the best looking result in the end. Sometimes that means not using polystone and using something else as it gives as a better result.

As I said before, I wouldn't want an entire statue out of PVC, but I don't mind when some parts are PVC. In fact, I think all statue companies should make the headsculpts of their human characters out of PVC, after seeing what Blitzway and Hot Toys do with their human heads.

We're talking polystone here - the material everyone on here jerks off over as though it is some sort of exotic medium, when really it is cheap and nasty, lol. Translucent resin, like Prime 1 uses, provides awesome details.

I stand by my comment - PVC does provide better details, as shown in that picture. Blitzway aren't stupid...their statues are made of polystone, but they use PVC for the sculpts. Why would they use PVC for the headsculpts if it didn't provide a more detailed and realistic portrait? May as well stick with polystone like the rest of the sculpture.

All I'm saying is that it has it's uses, be it for headsculpts, accessories on a statue that have little details, whatever. Making blanket statements like 'PVC is crap and is reserved for cheap stuff like Funko Pop' is a bit ignorant. I applaud companies who use mixed media in their statues and use the right product to produce the best looking result in the end. Sometimes that means not using polystone and using something else as it gives as a better result.

As I said before, I wouldn't want an entire statue out of PVC, but I don't mind when some parts are PVC. In fact, I think all statue companies should make the headsculpts of their human characters out of PVC, after seeing what Blitzway and Hot Toys do with their human heads.

:lecture QFT

Well - it's not the first time we'll have to agree to disagree mate :) (on some points anyways)

So you're buying this then? :wink1:

Haha fair enough bud! And HELL no. This thing could be made of marble and I still wouldn't want it. There isn't enough turd polish in the world to save this thing lol.

I saw their last effort in person and I wasn't impressed either, so I doubt this one will be any good.

Haha fair enough bud! And HELL no. This thing could be made of marble and I still wouldn't want it. There isn't enough turd polish in the world to save this thing lol.

I saw their last effort in person and I wasn't impressed either, so I doubt this one will be any good.

Side Show have lost all credibility to me. I won't buy a thing from them with how bad they have gotten.

Side Show have lost all credibility to me. I won't buy a thing from them with how bad they have gotten.

Yeah, I'm well aware of your hatred for Sideshow lol, you've made it clear many times :lol

To be honest I don't think they're that bad. Their pieces are hit and miss though. I haven't got a statue in a while,but the last one I saw from them in person was the Iron Man MK3 Maquette and I thought it was very nice TBH. Can't remember what else I've seen from them recently.

They do some nice work, but aren't as good as some of the other companies around.

What a mess. This has to be a STRONG contender for the Sideshow 2018 Fail award.

- $950 (Unbelievably Overpriced)
- Terrible Design (The people have spoken)
- Plastic (But they still won’t admit it)
- Low Edition Size (Because NO ONE wants it)

I am not a fan of this Mythos line. It's basically saying look, we can't make a correct Big Chap or Warrior, so here's something we just made up so you can't call us out on anything. But then charging 1K shipped for this is just icing on the cake.

I am not a fan of this Mythos line. It's basically saying look, we can't make a correct Big Chap or Warrior, so here's something we just made up so you can't call us out on anything. But then charging 1K shipped for this is just icing on the cake.

The description on the site explains the piece pretty good.

"Redesigned by Legacy Studios and Sideshow, the Mythos alien is our attempt at a Xenomorph because our attempts at film accuracy hasn’t worked out too well. To add to the confusion, we’ve put a cat on the base. Is it Jonesy, is it a junkyard cat, is it the Cat in the Hat? Who knows..., we just thought, ahhh hell with it. Giger is rolling over right about now, but we’re cool with that. Add this plastic overpriced piece to your collection today and don’t worry about that Prime 1 stuff."

The description on the site explains the piece pretty good.

"Redesigned by Legacy Studios and Sideshow, the Mythos alien is our attempt at a Xenomorph because our attempts at film accuracy hasn’t worked out too well. To add to the confusion, we’ve put a cat on the base. Is it Jonesy, is it a junkyard cat, is it the Cat in the Hat? Who knows..., we just thought, ahhh hell with it. Giger is rolling over right about now, but we’re cool with that. Add this plastic overpriced piece to your collection today and don’t worry about that Prime 1 stuff."

:hi5:

Back