Sideshow 212th vs Deluxe 212th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kodiak3d

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all, I was hoping you'd help me out. I'm thinking about adding a few more 212th clones to my collection, but I was unsure of how the original 212th clone stands up to the deluxe 212th. The original always goes cheaper on eBay, so I was curious. I've got Cody, the Airborne clone, and 1 deluxe right now (along with my custom Clone Wars Obi-Wan). How does the original look with them?

I'm sure others will chime in with more details, but I HAD both and saw no real difference between the two figures other than the added accessories that come with the deluxe version. The deluxe figure also felt a bit stiffer so I'm guessing that SSC used a newer body for this figure. Aesthetically speaking, the figure armors look the same sans back pack with the deluxe.

Body is the same, but it went through production better on the Deluxe. Hence the tighter joints.

The original version is far from terrible, and looks perfectly fine with all of those figure you just mentioned. Here. Take a look.

8160008636_177f323186_o.jpg

From L: Waxer, Cody, Original 212th, Airborne, Boil, Original 212th.

I did no modifications to any of the figures. The only issue you should have is with joint stiffness. Mine were pretty loose, but not as loose as some. With patience, you can get the arms to do things, though.

3629575737_a92a84f7c7_o.jpg

If I get one, I'll probably replace the body with a new one from Toyanxiety. They've got plenty of them. My concern was if the armor was too clean up against a veteran deluxe. Those look pretty cool together in those pics. I think I'll probably try to grab a couple of them when I catch them cheap.

To me the armor on the original is way cleaner and brighter white than the deluxe, also the lens on the deluxe is a separate piece and is shiny, and the original ones are flat black and dull.

Well, as a customizer, those problems sound easy enough to fix. A little grey pastel dust will dirty that armor up a bit and a little bit of gloss coat will fix that visor. :)

Well, as a customizer, those problems sound easy enough to fix. A little grey pastel dust will dirty that armor up a bit and a little bit of gloss coat will fix that visor. :)

Best sort of attitude a collector can have. :rock Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Back