Statue Sideshow 1987 Predator 1/5 Scale Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I beleive they all look like this and some pictures are just better than other pictures. Mine has that presence in person, and when I first opened it, I was surprised how it didn't look like the pics that were already up.

I beleive they all look like this and some pictures are just better than other pictures. Mine has that presence in person, and when I first opened it, I was surprised how it didn't look like the pics that were already up.

I understand it's not a fantastic piece, but if it really look like this irl I think the hate is too much.
Hopefully I get mine within a day or 2.
I was nervous before i got my Boba Fett and now again with this one.
Not used to this feeling waiting for a SS piece - used to be a happy time :monkey2

few more photos:

CIMG5956.jpg

This is really all I ask for. I really hope mine turns out this way.

So, you are going to feed it too, to put some weight on?
:D

Today ireceived my exclusive.
I was very happy with the paintjob.
It looks much better than the pictures on the forums.
Only my plasma cannon was broken so i emailed sideshow about this.
Hope they sending a new one soon

Master, how is it good customer service if they don't have a satisfactory option for you? They have a ton of these still available. Why can't they switch it out? Oh, I forgot: they don't care.

If they can't get you the item you put a deposit on one year ago, and there are still plenty of them to sell, that's BAD customer service.

For me personally I've said it's disappointing not to get a replacement body BUT I AM satisfied with what SSC cc has done. At least I have options. Now I'm just going to wait it out for another week or 2 whatever the limit is. I'll use the time they give me to make my decision. Right now it's up in the air but I will say I like the piece.

can someone pose this with the Dutch PF please.

Why? This will look silly next to Dutch.
Predator is meant to be bigger than him, not the other way around.
The only way it would work was if the Predator was set back in the background... As mentioned about 10 months ago.

which should i buy? this or the hot toys classic predator

Depends. Straight answer would be HT classic... BUT.

1) Are you going to collect statue's?
2) Size, how are you going to display them?
3) Price and Value for money.

There's more you can do with the HT's classic and the detail is a little better with the materials but they are different beasts. This one might look a little better if it was just a single display piece.

If you want something large but detailed you could always go the best of both worlds and get a NECA predator. They are probably the best all rounders and the cheapest too.

yes i am going to collect statues have PO the elder and bad blood. i had all 3 of the HT super predators but sold them. the only one i regret selling was berserker. But i do like the larger size of the statue line

yes i am going to collect statues have PO the elder and bad blood. i had all 3 of the HT super predators but sold them. the only one i regret selling was berserker. But i do like the larger size of the statue line

If your not desperate for it I'd hang for a month or two. I doubt he's going to sell out - too many problems.

You might find him on the bargain/rewards page and save yourself $50. Either that or people flipping him on the bay.

Depends. Straight answer would be HT classic... BUT.

1) Are you going to collect statue's?
2) Size, how are you going to display them?
3) Price and Value for money.

There's more you can do with the HT's classic and the detail is a little better with the materials but they are different beasts. This one might look a little better if it was just a single display piece.

If you want something large but detailed you could always go the best of both worlds and get a NECA predator. They are probably the best all rounders and the cheapest too.

The only problem with NECA is they make you buy all the different variants instead of just making one with either a removable mask or 3 different head sculpts. So you have to choose buy all 3 or choose a favorite.

The only problem with NECA is they make you buy all the different variants instead of just making one with either a removable mask or 3 different head sculpts. So you have to choose buy all 3 or choose a favorite.

Which would still equate to having just one of these. IF you did want all 3 variants. :wink1:

I decided to cancel my order and got a Neca Predator instead and started to get a few other things to build a base for it....

I want something as tall as Dutch's base so although Pred is not as big as he should be, when displayed with Dutch it will look okay.

I will show you pics of it when its done.

Cheers

Bear

Just a word of Warning the Bad Blood Pred is only 1/6 and you will notice a size difference compared to the P1, Elder and Wolf.

If you look back in the thread at my pics there's a size comparison with a Narin Eradicator kit ( the bad blood was originally a Narin kit too ) and that's the same scale as the Bad Blood.

Hopefully they'll put out another Narin piece to display with it. I plan to display the bad blood separate from the 1/5 line.

Back