Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're sandtroopers now anyway, I said they were only like that while I finished them off.

sandtrooper5lowqual.png

Nice pics guys. The only SS stormies I have are Han and Luke. I also have the marmit sandy and two marmit stormies.

I just bought this guy for $90 in pretty good condition (there's a broken elastic on the back holding the back plate). I will do the chest piece mode + future wax thing.

But only if they fix the shape of the lower leg armor, the shape of the upper leg armor, the shape of the cod piece, the fit of the chest armor and the floppy bodies, and paint the thing with glossy paint.

Hmmm, on the other hand, maybe it's easier to just re-do the whole damn thing...

I must say, after wanting this figure really bad since I started collecting and finally getting him over the summer, I was kind of disappointed. I'm sad they didn't go with the shiny look, and well, I should have known that for the huge secondary market prices I should have know that it was originally supposed to be a 60 dollar figure if i'm not mistaken, which I might be.

IT's still a Stormtrooper, and It's still one of the Best stormies out there. I haven't seen medicom's Version so I can't compare. I really wanted the Blackhole Stormtrooper and Stormtrooper Commander, but I don't know if I should go after them anymore.

Does anyone think SSC will do a Deluxe Storm trooper now since they are already redoing the 501st clone trooper?

Also, no offense to anyone who loves this figure.

...I'm sad they didn't go with the shiny look...

Floor wax/polish will fix that few a few bucks

... originally supposed to be a 60 dollar figure if i'm not mistaken, which I might be.

... I think MSRP was $90

I haven't seen medicom's Version so I can't compare

https://toyhaven.blogspot.com.au/2009/04/sideshow-vs-marmit-vs-medicom.html

Also, no offense to anyone who loves this figure.

I don't love it, but with a few very simple mods it is as good as I need it to be. I would like to switch over the floppy body to a better one, but haven't bothered yet.

picture.php

Velcroed, boiled, future waxed. Not bad for $90!

Looks nice. The big lady hips are still showing though....

But only if they fix the shape of the lower leg armor, the shape of the upper leg armor, the shape of the cod piece, the fit of the chest armor and the floppy bodies, and paint the thing with glossy paint.

Hmmm, on the other hand, maybe it's easier to just re-do the whole damn thing...

:goodpost::exactly:

This blog and the comparison he makes is way too overrated. He compares SS with Marmit and for him SS is better. LOL But still good to look at the pics.

Looks nice. The big lady hips are still showing though....
It is kinda girly isn't it? Big chested small crotched. A femtrooper almost. :rotfl

The Medis look skinny but the SSC looks sort of fat I think. Even more so when in hand. I only have the Sandtrooper though but it is similar enough. I have a Marmit on the way, can't wait to compare the three in person.

You'll be amazed how cool the Marmit will look compared to the SS Stormie. Armor might not be so sharp and not so articulate, but the overall appearance of the Marmit is 10 times better.

Let me reiterate that I bought this for $90. So it really is amazing for a 90$ figure (+6$ of Future Wax and velcros)

Let me reiterate that I bought this for $90. So it really is amazing for a 90$ figure (+6$ of Future Wax and velcros)

90$ is a good price and it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks. One of the great things about collecting is you don't have to approve each figure you buy with everyone on this forums lol. So if you like it that's all that counts. I personally love my modded SSC stromtrooper.

We were talking in general about the figure not specifically yours. It was not meant to pick on you or yours, the figure has it's flaws, simple as that.

With that said if I could get a bunch of them for $90/each I would go for it in a second. I just wish SSC would want my money and re-release it or do another version.

Back