Sideshow 1/6th Tusken Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meant to mention that I really liked that you added aluminum tubing to your custom, nice touch for sure.

Glad it sounds like I won't have too much trouble with the exclusive (this will be #1... guess I'm in for a lifetime of addiction from here on in *hangs head*). Looking forward to seeing how it goes.

As for price, wish it was cheaper but this is about right what I was thinking and for the overall quality of the figure and weapons, I'm OK with it. I will need a maximum of two, so one now and a regular version later in the summer is not too bad.

Thank you, Sol. :bow This will be your first SS SW figure? It can get out of hand quickly and I've seen LOTS of people go overboard right off the bat, myself included, so if I can give a little advice it would be to stick with what you really love. It's easy to go from Star Wars to Batman to Marvel etc., not that there's anything wrong with that but it's not a bad idea to start slowly.

The prototype looks great and I'll order an exclusive, but if Sideshow doesn't properly source the fabric to look like that in production (and instead cheapens out like they did with ANH Luke and others) then they can go pound sand(people). Especially at 135 bucks. No excuses.

:lecture Fabric is a HUGE deal with this figure. The hang, the texture, the weathering, etc.

Yeah, I get that a lot of people are mentioning F'igrin Dan and the clones and I may be wrong on this, but F'igrin seemed to me a super basic figure (newly sculpted head, hands, horn, plus shirt and pants -- in addition SSC can spread the cost over three or four 'band members') and the clones can be endlessly re-released. Can't really see Sideshow trying to re-release variations on the Tuskin as there's nothing in-movie to support different ranks and whatnot. Overall, it looks to me that the Tusken has a lot more detail than F'igrin, especially.

Agree at these prices it's a shame we apparently even need to worry about presto-chango antics like that. Hope that's not the case here. While I don't really have an issue with the price, it's predicated on getting a quality product so I would feel burned if they cheaped out on any materials after one's ordered.

He is right about the it getting out of hand. I order one item, before it came I order Rex then, the rest of the clones and commanders. That week off of eBay I got 10 Droids. This does not count what I have that I am paying off. Only I stop myself at Starwars. WarHammer is very hard for me not to order.

On a side note, I also collect the 3.5 ones. The price went up on those. Today I passed on a number of them. Really last year they where $6.98 today $8.98

I love the ex, but I'll pass in order to get the figure through an etailer and save 13 bucks.

Hmm. On the other hand, I suppose I'm paying $13 for that extra Gaffi stick. It would definitely go for more than that if it was being parted out. I may have to rethink this...

Figure looks fantastic. Assuming thats what the final version looks like $135 is about right to me. EX for me, and will get 2nd non exclusive for less

One of Sideshow's better efforts for sure.

Whats with the non refund deposits?

Afraid of cancellations? I will be going through E-tailers exclusively now.

The Gaffi Stick is the exclusive? That's lame! That weapon should come with all Tuskens!

Have any of the final products looked like the prototypes? I think what SS does by releasing inferior products (not what the proto looks like)is deceptive. They know in advance that the final is not going to look as good as the proto and then they still charge a high price. I love this Tusken, but will have to wait to see what the final product looks like.

Of course it comes with the Gaffi stick- the EX item is an alternate rifle handle that fits in place of the gaffi handle, but it comes with the rifle berrel too- so, you can assemble a separate rifle complete..
I guess there was one Sand Person in the film that had a gaffi stick with this alternate handle on it, instead of the famous 'gum stimulator'.

The Gaffi Stick is the exclusive? That's lame! That weapon should come with all Tuskens!

562427_10150682339284145_19004299144_9396647_559766337_n.jpg

this one is the ex

personally, i think the exclusive is perfect... not a "must have", but a cool item nonetheless.

562427_10150682339284145_19004299144_9396647_559766337_n.jpg

this one is the ex

Looks like he's ready for Hockey!

I do like the coloring of this paddle but it isn't essential, its non-movie and he can't hold three things so this would end up in the box. PASS on the Ex... which is good for me.

I like the goofy make-shift rifle.

Back