1/6 Sideshow 1/6th Scale Star Wars Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The SS bike does look great....decisions, decisions...

A lot of great Star Wars offerings from SS and HT this year (and a lot of money going out the door), so I'm on the fence with this one. I found this bad boy on Ebay for $38 used and in great condition. Look pretty good to me... A fresh coat of paint and some mods here and there and I'm sure it'll look great.

I'm definitely getting the new SS Scout, but this bike may have to suffice.

Cheers,
Ahab

View attachment 194303

I am totally with u in this matter ! Usually I buy almost everything from the sixth scale line but I will pass on this one. I bought a couple of hasbro's Speeder bikes just to see how they would look after a repaint before pre-ordering the Sideshow's one and this is how one of them looks:

1 copia.jpg
2 copia.jpg
3 copia.jpg

Agree....can't afford and just have no space for all the stuff coming out, so I'm also planning to use a Hasbro speeder with a SS Scout. The SS speeder may be better.....but not $262.00 plus shipping better.

That is a really nice repaint!

I just want the SS one to arrive soon, my middle shelf is looking empty.

I made this diorama over the weekend. It's made of branches from my garden and moss from my gutters...finally doing so thing around the house paid off lol. The actual wooden base is left over wood from when I built my garden gates last month.

It's the Hasbro bike as I won't get the Sideshow version but I'm getting the Sideshow Scout.

Still have to paint the bike and finish off the diorama but it's about 80% finished.

uploadfromtaptalk1436128645053.jpg

Everyone should keep in mind the Hasbro bikes are a little oversized as they are scaled for Hasbro figures. It can be tweaked (shortening struts helps) but it's in the overall body scale also. That being said, the bike is far and away the best 1/6 scale item Hasbro ever did. It's nowhere near as detailed as the SSC (eg struts, controls, handlebars,) but it's very accurate.

But then the perception seems to be that the SSC version is undersized - but that can't be confirmed until in-hand pics are up.

Everyone should keep in mind the Hasbro bikes are a little oversized as they are scaled for Hasbro figures. It can be tweaked (shortening struts helps) but it's in the overall body scale also. That being said, the bike is far and away the best 1/6 scale item Hasbro ever did. It's nowhere near as detailed as the SSC (eg struts, controls, handlebars,) but it's very accurate.

But then the perception seems to be that the SSC version is undersized - but that can't be confirmed until in-hand pics are up.

I've overlayed images of the ssc, hasbro and the prop model, overall the hasbro appears to be closer to the prop model size and proportion, particularly the back half of the bike , hasbro figures where Also shorter then
Sideshow figures, but obviously sideshows detailing is sharper

Very cool diorama!

Even when I get my SSC speederbike, I'm going to keep the old but very cool Hasbro version. Indeed Hasbro did a great job on their bike

Very cool diorama!

Even when I get my SSC speederbike, I'm going to keep the old but very cool Hasbro version. Indeed Hasbro did a great job on their bike
Thanks jkno, very much appreciated.

I had a choice to make between the Sideshow Speeder and Hot Toys Han and Chewie so I went with keeping the Hasbro bike and getting Han and Chewie.

Just finished putting together the Bandai Speeder Bike. At 1/12 its 280mm long. Sideshow state there 1/6 Speeder Bike is 508mm long.?? It seems short!? My order should be shipping next month. And I'm already contemplating how to fix those side vent near the trooper legs. Coz the depth is just wrong.

Just finished putting together the Bandai Speeder Bike. At 1/12 its 280mm long. Sideshow state there 1/6 Speeder Bike is 508mm long.?? It seems short!? My order should be shipping next month. And I'm already contemplating how to fix those side vent near the trooper legs. Coz the depth is just wrong.
Depends on what "specs" you use. There is conflicting info. It can be 3m to 4.9m depending on the reference material you use.

Looking at the pic's of the SS trooper and bike we've seen so far, it does look like the bike is a little undersized to me. Looking forward to peoples in hand pic's and opinions.

Kinda weird to see that once again it's posed with the scout not being seated all the way back.

The itself bike is really cool looking!

So, is that still the prototype or a production sample? I don't think it's mentionned anywhere in the video.

Back