1/6 Sideshow 1/6th Scale Star Wars Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish Sideshow were more explicit about that but it sure doesn't look like it. For me the lack of mobility of the stand is probably the only thing I'm disappointed with (guessing there are good design reasons for this, but still...). Allowing the bike to be posed like you describe would add a lot of personality to the display.

Perhaps the only option left to achieve that is by hanging the bike using strings?

Makes a much interesting display if the bike could tilt side ways.

I suspect a sideways tilt would be problematic, with a figure on the bike.. it would probably require a considerably bigger and heavier stand to counterbalance the risk of toppling over?
:dunno

Perhaps the only option left to achieve that is by hanging the bike using strings?
Strings are finicky and I hate seeing them when they catch the light or dealing with them if I want to repose, but it could work well for some, I bet.

I suspect a sideways tilt would be problematic, with a figure on the bike.. it would probably require a considerably bigger and heavier stand to counterbalance the risk of toppling over?
:dunno
Yeah, true. Would probably require a huge slab of a base to prevent it toppling.

Strings are finicky and I hate seeing them when they catch the light or dealing with them if I want to repose, but it could work well for some, I bet.

Yeah, true. Would probably require a huge slab of a base to prevent it toppling.

Heavy stand is one thing but will the pole going to the joint of the bike can hold ?!
There will be stress to the joint in the long run ... Scare

Last edited:
What you guys brought up are very true.

Imagine if the rider falls over and with a tight grip on the handle bar, the weakest point on the handle could just break.:horror:lol

Who really wants a friggin' Landspeeder? Seriously? That's just too much. That's like the guy who dresses up in a Vader costume for opening night of a Star Wars movie. That's just too much commitment.

I would have considered a 1/6 Landspeeder. However, with Hasbro now doing a 6 inch line I'll be getting my vehicles in that scale. The 6 inch speeder bike is fantastic.

I would have considered a 1/6 Landspeeder. However, with Hasbro now doing a 6 inch line I'll be getting my vehicles in that scale. The 6 inch speeder bike is fantastic.

Now that the 1:6 line is finally complete with everyone needed for the ride.

I would love to have them in the Landspeeder. :D

Think Im going to stick with Hasbro Speeders since I can pick up half a dozen for the cost of the SSC one. :lol
Probably just use it as a background anyhow and use my savings to get another Scout (or two)

Think Im going to stick with Hasbro Speeders since I can pick up half a dozen for the cost of the SSC one. :lol
Probably just use it as a background anyhow and use my savings to get another Scout (or two)

I think that is very wise. IMO Hasbro's Speeder Bike is very good for its price.

I think that is very wise. IMO Hasbro's Speeder Bike is very good for its price.

And at this point its very easy for me to say... once people start posting pics, I may not think the same thing. :lol

But at this point, I'm still thinking a couple Scouts standing in front of a bike would look great, if I were posing it on the bike, I'd definitely want the centerpiece version that I'm sure the SSC will be.

I can certainly see the difference between the two sharpness of details and scaling, I'll try to repaint my hasbros to look a bit less plastic if it fails I'll look out for the bike locally on sale, that's how I got my dewback, a year late but cheaper

I can certainly see the difference between the two sharpness of details and scaling, I'll try to repaint my hasbros to look a bit less plastic if it fails I'll look out for the bike locally on sale, that's how I got my dewback, a year late but cheaper

My plan exactly. I'm sort of worried I'm going to give in to the bike once the Scout arrives (SSC fig on Hasbro bike...) Hopefully it'll be sold out by then.:lol

Speederbike is way too much. Lucky Sideshow doesn't have Luke or Leia now. But when I was reading the preview and saw the price of the Scout, I said watch the price of the bike be $300. And yep it was. I was hoping Sideshow would be generous and make it $225 or $250 too. Hot Toys had the TRON Legacy lightcycle for $300 and that came with a figure and lights!

I was expecting the Trooper to be $150-$175 and the Bike to be around $175-$200. At $300 I will pass on the Bike and wait to see if I can find it cheaper later on.

I was expecting the Trooper to be $150-$175 and the Bike to be around $175-$200. At $300 I will pass on the Bike and wait to see if I can find it cheaper later on.

Everyone is commenting on the $300 for the bike but really, the nearly $200 pricepoint for a pretty basic imperial soldier figure is probably more disturbing for the next 3-5 years of 1/6 collecting.

By the time Ep VII is in theaters, will ANY 1/6 SW figure be priced at under $200?

Fortunately I running low on must have characters, biker, tie pilot, veers, royal guard and the kashyyyk scouts will pretty much round out my star wars collection, unless they do improved 2.0 of stormies, though the whole hottoys thing may start it all over again

Fortunately I running low on must have characters, biker, tie pilot, veers, royal guard and the kashyyyk scouts will pretty much round out my star wars collection, unless they do improved 2.0 of stormies, though the whole hottoys thing may start it all over again

Great short list, everything topping my collection want list if you threw in a Chewbacca. :duff

This isn't available for preorder at my local toy shop yet. Makes me wonder is this sold purely as a Sideshow exclusive.

Back