1/6 Sideshow 1/6th Scale Star Wars Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its here! :)
558677b84ac9a12b9601efde5447a425.jpg

Nice! A great day for you...a sad day for your girlfriend. :rotfl

Hehe, fortunately she is at work for 4 more hours.

I'm having a hell of a time getting the handlebars to attach...any tips? It's really hard getting them to sit flush against the body.

Hehe, fortunately she is at work for 4 more hours.

I'm having a hell of a time getting the handlebars to attach...any tips? It's really hard getting them to sit flush against the body.

For myself, I decided to increase my girlfriend's happiness by passing on this release ... ;) ... but Rubio posted some great instructions on assembly earlier in this thread. You don't want to follow the steps in the Sideshow instructions, apparently it's harder to attach the handlebars if you do it that way...maybe someone else with the bike can chime in.

Yeah I'm following his instructions but this is what I got sofar:

a1bc823e031ff77371334fe6126749e2.jpg

Maybe heating it a bit will help?

Tried a bit of heating with a hairdryer, managed to get them a bit more flush against the body but not totally. Good enough I suppose. One handlebar is a bit bent, same issue as alot of the other ones I've seen posted.

The stand is also warped so a bit wobbly.

f69e962c0207e43fbdff02de19421ad1.jpg

That was the complaining bit. :)

Holy crap this thing is amazing! Love the details, it seems sturdier than I was expecting. And on display with the scout it just looks fantastic!

8f5b57213590df696aca8d6ce4856441.jpg
74cec423f55d4c2f85f3356b66b74104.jpg
b9e1406b425d040e3928093c0396311c.jpg
afc52e2065cbf2a96a70d5bc1b6b2de3.jpg

Will have to wait for the slim body I ordered to unpack the second scout trooper, otherwise he won't fit on the shelf.

I have to say I was surprised when I double checked on the price. I only paid $280 for this. Must have been a mistake by my local shop.

So finally set up my speeder bike yesterday and unfortunately the undercarriage seems to have been glued on crookedly to the bike body, so the whole front end isn't centered and the sides appear a bit uneven. Didn't even notice it at first when it was all set up, was trying to change up the Scout pose and noticed it from above. I took the bike apart to see where the problem was originating. Problem is it means getting the whole chassis replaced.

Just checked mine and it's also off, but not by as much as that.

"Stay here, I'll scout the perimeter"
15b0c80552c7bf6a59a49c4e0976594c.jpg

"Hey you, hands of the bike!
26f8a640a27b73063d03819387cca527.jpg

The bike can also help you steady your aim:
43c4e9179387c28d44ddf2491872ebcd.jpg

Just noticed my local shop raised the price on this from $280 to $390. Got lucky on this one. :)

After having this for a month and the having the trooper posed standing next to him I finally plucked the courage to pose him on the bike. Really happy with the resulting display, the rifle I ended up putting I've the koto scout models shoulder so not waisted... These pieces truly do belong together :) I even used the base for gree which suits nicely

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 214
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 216
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 219
SSC Scout and Speederbike arrived. Easy assembly, the only issue I had was with trooper's belt being too wide and I used some hidden tape to hold it up as it should have been in the first place. A nice set of figures, 8.5 out of 10.

Sideshow%20Scout%20Trooper%20amp%20Speeder%20Bike%2007.jpg

Sideshow%20Scout%20Trooper%20amp%20Speeder%20Bike%2014.jpg

Has anyone tried taking the handlebar assembly off the Hasbro bike to see if they fit onto this? The handlebars being so undersized and weak are the only thing stopping me from picking one of these up. I'm thinking that the Hasbro handles with some weathering would look better if they were installed on this.
Really nice photos in this thread.

For those who have it - How hard would this be to take apart once assembled? I'm worried that when I inevitably move, it'll be hard to take apart without destroying it.

Nice pics jkno :)

Has anyone tried taking the handlebar assembly off the Hasbro bike to see if they fit onto this? The handlebars being so undersized and weak are the only thing stopping me from picking one of these up. I'm thinking that the Hasbro handles with some weathering would look better if they were installed on this.
Really nice photos in this thread.

I think there have been some Hasbro mods in this thread, I can't remember any specific examples though.

I was suggesting that just the handlebars could be taken off the Hasbro toy and put onto the Sideshow version. I've just got a Hasbro from ebay so will see how easy it is to remove the handlebars from it.

Nice pics jkno :)

I think there have been some Hasbro mods in this thread, I can't remember any specific examples though.

Back