Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ec774adc79443cc35e902f7554d8c795.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine today. Great figure, but my helmeted head came with the helmet on crooked. I've tried to remove the helmet, but I feel like I'm gonna break it and the head just won't budge. Any tips would be appreceated.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Got mine today. Great figure, but my helmeted head came with the helmet on crooked. I've tried to remove the helmet, but I feel like I'm gonna break it and the head just won't budge. Any tips would be appreceated.

If you haven’t already you could try heating a cup of water up for a minute or so in the microwave then letting the head soak for 20 to 30 seconds to soften it before trying to adjust or remove the helmet.

I'd be worried about the jaw piece softening too much in the process. And even after heating mine up for quite a while, it was still a massive struggle to pry out the head. So I'd probably just request a replacement head myself. If you ordered from Sideshow they should have no problem quickly shipping out a new one.

I'd be worried about the jaw piece softening too much in the process. And even after heating mine up for quite a while, it was still a massive struggle to pry out the head. So I'd probably just request a replacement head myself. If you ordered from Sideshow they should have no problem quickly shipping out a new one.
I ordered from another seller, hopefully they'll be able to send another head out.

Finally received my order from Brians Toys, and sorry to hear they didn't work out for a few other people here. They are not the best with communication and my order shipped before it showed as shipped in my account. I got a decent $199 price on this but I'd only mildly recommend them.

My box arrived with a cut in the back side - I really wish Sideshow didn't give up on the stronger boxes and began using the softer cardboard. You compare this shipper to a HT shipper and there's no comparison. It's fine most of the time, this time it wasn't.

The figure itself overall is nice (not too many surprises as I had nearly another Lando figure from parts) and for what I am planning the slightly oversize body works, though I'll be trimming under the armpits for better posability. I have battled this SSC body many times.:lol

The no-helmet head on this figure is worse in person than it is in pics. It is so strange looking - it's about 10% undersized (an odd choice for a slightly oversized body) and the head has a strange proprotional issue where the forehead and hair looks big and the face seems small and too far down. Like Egon Spengler. The TOD Indy head was also a little undersized but had a much better sculpt. This head is around the size of a HT Leia head, which are done slightly undersized on purpose.

The paint issues are well known with the heads but jeez, the skin color on the figure is just awful - at least two shades too dark, and the paint so matte. I am planning to tweak the old Sideshow head - here it is sitting on the neck with the old Sideshow hands. The neck will need a color tweak, though for some reason the neck is not as dark as the original head or hands.

GfobM5j.jpg

As I had feared, the SSC chest armor is maybe 15% undersized. My custom armor is a little closer to correct size but I'm not sure it bugs me enough to pour another resin cast of my chest armor and paint it - it's a very complex paint app and there's a lot of dremeling to get it thin enough. My custom armor on left, prop, then Sideshow on right.

ejoHttl.jpg

I like the thin-ness of the Sideshow shoulder armor but it has a small lip at the bottom of each armor piece (where the string attaches) that doesn't look accurate but it's a tiny nitpick.

Yeah the chest armor is definitely a bit small, but putting it on a slimmer body and repainting it more silver helps with that a bit I found. I'm not sure why they painted all the edges bronze like that.

Yeah the chest armor is definitely a bit small, but putting it on a slimmer body and repainting it more silver helps with that a bit I found. I'm not sure why they painted all the edges bronze like that.

Yeah the paint on the SSC armor pieces is strange and inaccurate (the gauntlet is so copper,) though to be fair it's a very complex paint challenge on the costume - it's mixtures of dull and shiny, copper and iron colors, along with a greenish-blue copper rust color.

I think I found a use for this awful head the Sideshow figure comes with - as an "accessory" for my Chewy with 3PO backpack. I'll bend the CHewy over (have to tightly bind him to a stand) and have him choking Lando.

I've just roughly assembled what I'm thinking using a Hasbro outfit and SSC body in the pic below. With Chewy's huge hands covering up the Lando head's weirdly small lower face, hopefully the weird frowning expression on "accessory" Lando's face will read as choking.:lol

RTMDYHr.jpg

It'll be interesting to se your end result. Like your custom armor.

Another shot of "stock" Lando...

SKIFF GUARD LANDO 012.jpg

SKIFF GUARD LANDO 016.jpg

Last edited:
Great shots and diorama work, Stryker2011! Haven't seen that Aura Sing figure in a while. Is that the old Hasbro Masterpiece series one?

Very nice pictures!

I have added Lando too to my Jabba's Palace setup. It's getting more and more crowded!
f27f1b13fe1da7fb9f86c367bd34e75e.jpg
fbe8c99c44969843fadd9a0207299310.jpg

Yeah the paint on the SSC armor pieces is strange and inaccurate (the gauntlet is so copper,) though to be fair it's a very complex paint challenge on the costume - it's mixtures of dull and shiny, copper and iron colors, along with a greenish-blue copper rust color.

I think I found a use for this awful head the Sideshow figure comes with - as an "accessory" for my Chewy with 3PO backpack. I'll bend the CHewy over (have to tightly bind him to a stand) and have him choking Lando.

I've just roughly assembled what I'm thinking using a Hasbro outfit and SSC body in the pic below. With Chewy's huge hands covering up the Lando head's weirdly small lower face, hopefully the weird frowning expression on "accessory" Lando's face will read as choking.:lol

RTMDYHr.jpg

I'm always amazed at the relative quality of the Hasbro 12 inch figures, considering they were typically 20 bucks. Some of them were just crazy value for the buck...

I'm always amazed at the relative quality of the Hasbro 12 inch figures, considering they were typically 20 bucks. Some of them were just crazy value for the buck...

I had maybe one out of every 5 or 6 were pretty good. Count Dooku, Jango Fett , and the Bounty Hunters off the top of my head are good. The original Kenner line was excellent for it's time and was pretty much the gold standard for many years.

Back