Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's true...

But I don't know anyone who got the v2... are the thumbs truly fixed?

Its funny, because Sideshow stood by their mistake saying the thumbs were meant to be that way... so why did they change them? :lol

The poser vid of the V2 had fixed thumbs and Matrix69's pics of a recent purchase look to be right but he didn't explicitly address them. Robianco also bought one but never reported back. Tee-Kay also bought and confirmed the thumbs were corrected.
3PO arrived a day early. Did get the corrected hands version. They look a lot better than the initial release but still a questionable design. Articulation is nice though one of the thumbs is very loose.

The poser vid of the V2 had fixed thumbs and Matrix69's pics of a recent purchase look to be right but he didn't explicitly address them. Robianco also bought one but never reported back. Tee-Kay also bought and confirmed the thumbs were corrected.

Did anyone post pics of the V.2 thumbs?:dunno

$245 for a figure that has pretty much no accessories, cheap basic base and an average-decent at best head sculpt along with that horrible body they used on Mythos Boba and Obi-Wan.

Do SS really thing they are on-par with Hot Toys? A lot of HT figures don't even cost that much.

Typical SSC. It will sell thou, and as we know certain collectors will buy 2, so they can display it with each head.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed an interesting thing when I checked out yesterday during my pre-order for this. Sideshow gives you the option to pay the full amount up front, aside from shipping and tax. Why the heck would anyone want to give Sideshow interest on their money for 18 months? Doesn't seem logical. Time value of money and all. I suppose it's good for folks who have the money now and don't trust they'll hold onto it that long. Anyway, thought it was odd.

I noticed an interesting thing when I checked out yesterday during my pre-order for this. Sideshow gives you the option to pay the full amount up front, aside from shipping and tax. Why the heck would anyone want to give Sideshow interest on their money for 18 months? Doesn't seem logical. Time value of money and all. I suppose it's good for folks who have the money now and don't trust they'll hold onto it that long. Anyway, thought it was odd.

Logical and SSC does not compute.

I think he looks stunning and he?s long awaited.
Regarding the price. A Hot Toys figure of a main character sells maybe four times as many as this one will? does that sound about right? ...which makes the production cost much higher for SSC.
It?s expensive, but relatively seen not crazy at all. If SSC made a ton of money on a figure like this they would definitely release many more characters than they do.

I think he looks stunning and he?s long awaited.
Regarding the price. A Hot Toys figure of a main character sells maybe four times as many as this one will? does that sound about right? ...which makes the production cost much higher for SSC.
It?s expensive, but relatively seen not crazy at all. If SSC made a ton of money on a figure like this they would definitely release many more characters than they do.

I agree and thought the price was reasonable for what it appears we're getting.

Logical and SSC does not compute.

Oh, I think it's completely logical for SSC as they'd benefit from the time value of money thing. Illogical for the consumer. If I were SSC and 10% of folks decided to go that route, I'd be a happy business owner...

I agree and thought the price was reasonable for what it appears we're getting.

Agreed. The base price I think is pretty reasonable, considering the SW license is probably not cheap and they're always going to charge a bit more for those figures. It's only when you add in the taxes and shipping that it starts to become a bit too painful.

Just had a quick look at the Gamorrean Guard to compare the vibro-ax with Lando's. They are of course different, but sized similarly.

Ole Gammy is looking forward to the company!

7GAMGUARD 006.jpg

I've seen several people ask at various times for places where you can just pay up front and forget about it. KGHobby is the only other place I can think of that does that.

Back