Sideshow 1/6 Jawa Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How tall are these two?

Haven't seen many pics of them next to other figs.
JAWA AND JABBA 01.jpgJAWA AND JABBA 02.jpg

That's the taller Jawa.

I received my Jawas today from Sideshow. I almost trew them from window just trying to get a decent pose. Those joints are loose. And few of the furr came off just trying to put on the stun gun. This figures are just annoying as they are in the movie. Like C-3PO said "Ugh! Jawas, can't stand them."

20160622_212938.jpg

Oops. I forgot to removed the pvc base stand.

20160622_220508-1.jpg

Darn. I'm starting to hate grabbing this figure from my display case. The pose just wont stay still. "I hate jawas!":gah:

Disgusting little creatures. Can anything be done with loose joints? A dab of superglue and keep the joint moving while it dries? What's the worst offender, the legs, torso, both?

Nice pics Coco.

Just opened mine up, box is thin and kinda bare inside. :lol

Figure looks nice. The outfits hang well and look decently weathered. Water treatment will drape them better. Floppy is a bit of exaggeration, but the bodies aren't firm. Accessories are nice. Will prolly ditch the vest for the large one. Lights look good. Wish they were touch activated like the droids instead of a switch though.

Thanks! Yeah, mine aren't "floppy". Loose at the hips and not as tight as an HT body but not rag doll floppy.

The robes look great to me and will definitely take a water treatment well. The bandoliers are really, really nice. Once I got them on a proper stand they were a lot of fun to play with. Had Sideshow taken more care with the joints these would be an easy 8/10. Add the touch lightning like EF said and they would have been a 9/10.

I still haven't had but more than about 15 minutes to mess with these but I'd say get them if not for the simple fact they look great with the other figures.

Yea I agree with that. A few quick pics. These are straight from the box, no futz'n. Excuse the blurriness, iPhone does not like the eyes....

jawas_03.jpg

jawas_04.jpg

I like these little fellas. Sorry about the floppy bodies, but otherwise I'm glad I ordered them. Now I hope they won't take too long getting to European retailers.

Mine arrived today :yess:
image.jpg

The bodies are indeed very floppy. But I got them both to stand in the supplied leg-peg stands. The hands pop off very easy. & trying to get the big one to hold the gun was a bit of a chore, made worse by the hair piece. I agree with others, that the details on the accessories is really good. The gun holster is beautiful. I haven't tried the water treatment for the robes, but I might.
Overall, I like 'em.

The good: Very nice bandoliers, weapons look pretty nice, light up feature works well. I like the robes well enough and the tentacles can be tucked under the bandoliers on their backs. After spending some time posing them up they look great on display!

The bad: Bodies are indeed floppy. My shorter jawa has better joints, the taller one has wet noodle esque leg joints. The circles that plug into his feet are the only way to keep him safely upright. I suspect the joints will be inconsistent from set to set and jawa to jawa. The weapon holding hands do a very lousy job of firmly holding the blasters, the slightest bump knocks them free. I'm not an expert on jawas but I'm guessing they are slightly overscaled, however it's easy to overlook because of actor variance in the film. The elastic fur is a pain in the arse. The ankles seem to be a ratchet type joint that only clicks one direction meaning it's tight but you only get up/down or side to side, not both. Over $20 shipping is not acceptable for a package that most likely cost them less than five bucks to ship.

Be careful with the elastic fur and the holstered larger blaster. I broke the elastic on one arm pushing it up toward the elbow because it's a pain sitting down on the wrist. The blaster is very tight in the holster and probably pretty breakable if not carefully removed.

They are fiddly as hell and a pain to pose but look really cool with the droids or tuskens once they are set up. I can't decide where to leave them. All things considered I am happy to have them.

I pick mine up tomorrow!

Is there any chance taping over the joints on the bodies will help support them better? What are some suggestions on making the bodies more sturdy?

These are awesome pics!:clap

They do seem a tad taller than the "average" Jawa, but there were Jawas this height in the movie. Amazing how much height diff to the Medi Jawa. He looks like a baby!

Anyone know when these are reaching UK retailers? Forbidden Planet says July, other retailers say June.

Sorry if this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but I just noticed on the package image it shows the shorter Jawa with the second style of ion riffle. A real shame it wasn't included in the final release.
Jawa_ion_pistol.jpg

Back