Sideshow 1/6 Jawa Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
......UGH! Too much $$$ for this! I really WANT background characters like R5D4 and these, but, hell not at these prices. Plus, from a display stand-point I don't like the light-up eyes. You can't always display them turned on, and they'll look stupid turned off. I really wanted these, but I think I'm going to painfully pass.

This is one of those things that makes going back to 3 3/4 (or Vintage) seem more tempting. I can see where they are getting the price: new bodies, electronics, plus I do believe they are accounting for future coupon usage. But the value just isn't there for me. I just see 2 little figures and not a lot of neat things to go with them. $200 bones gets a bunch of little Jawas and a Sandcrawler, maybe droids too. This is the first OT one that's a bit tough to swallow, and that includes the X-Wing Luke. I like Luke as a character more though. Congrats to those waiting for them.

.....I can justify $220.00 for a kick-ass Hot Toys Farm Boy Luke, that is iconic. But the same price roughly for jawas? I love jawas, but please. These kind of figures are cool gap fillers in a collection. The battle droids and the cantina band members were more appropriately priced and painless to purchase for 'gap filler' type characters, these unfortunately are not.

I'm going to have to think about it at $220. Not sure if I want to replace my Hasbro one that bad.

I see these as a fair value... I was hoping for $199, but $220 isn't too far off the mark. And considering all they come with and that they are different figures; $110 per figure seems fair.

Interestingly... this is the first time a Sideshow figure as cost more than the Medicom counterpart. Their Jawa was $80, but to be fair it was at a time when other 1/6 figures were $70 :lol

Stands are not being included with the Jawa Set.

-SideshowAlex

That's too bad... although I don't care for the new stands, so not a major loss. But a sand base would have been a nice addition.

100122-jawa-12.jpg

Man.. something's up with those hoods, like - something that futzing won't fix.

They just look.. weird. :monkey1

Coupons don't really do us in CA any good -- it becomes a wash: tax vs coupon -- so its almost a necessity to use the coupon, and thus impossible to even consider POing before a coupon is offered.

I dig the shorter one. I want someone to use it as a base for an Armed-To-The-Teeth-Sandtrooper-Killing-Bounty-Hunting-Sith-Jawa-Of-Dark-Vengeance*.

*No, seriously.

.....Hmmmm, I've been marinating on this all morning. Maybe, I'd be more about this if I could buy one for only $110.00? That would feel more reasonable, maybe.

Including them would have added even more cost to the set (which would have brought the SRP to well over $220), so they were left out.

-SideshowAlex

Thanks for the updates Alex, but that seems rather weird. I mean, there's not that much sculpting involved in these...they're mostly just giant robes with glowing eyes. I find it odd that the stands aren't just automatically included...maybe I'm being ignorant to the process, but I can't see how much two small stands would add to costs -- especially with these already priced fairly high. And for them to make it "well over" $220 if included? How much are we paying for stands with other figures? :lol

I mean, are they supposed to just lean against the back of a display case?

And none of that is directed at you Alex. I know it's not your call...or is it?

tumblr_m0ut6oPLCZ1qk2xzbo2_250.gif

Back