Shipping Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewGoblin23

Super Freak
Reaction score
What method do most people use here when shipping posters? Ive always rolled them up but recently I've had a few arrive damaged.Ive heard people suggesting to send them flat but for larger posters, 24 x 36, that isn't really an option. What other safe methods are there for shipping posters?

If you're in the USA, USPS has automated a lot in order to save money - and the automation will ruin posters. I know this first hand. The best you can do is use a strong tube, insure it if it's of value (if you send Priority you usually have $50 to $100 insurance coverage automatically). I sell background posters for figure displays and the post office semi-regularly destroys one or two on me, so I basically send insured or take a chance. The automation is apparently the problem, and there's no way around it. If you find a better way let me know because this has caused me a LOT of grief over the last 2 years - last year was horrible so they have gotten better, but not perfect yet.

This is essentially what is happening to me. I always ship insured, but in the last few months I've had to be refunded on about 3 or 4 posters because USPS damaged them (as well as a few not even going to the right address, one saying the item "arrived" even though it didn't).

Yazoo tube...do not ship flat

I would have never thought to ship flat but two customers said it was the only way they would buy the poster. Worked out fine both times but was a hassle to package properly

I double tube everything. Never had a problem.

If I end up shipping a valuable poster/print, then I double tube then box. Also never had a problem.

Back