Shazam premium format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That doesn't mean it is final Spidey.

Exactly,I hope they stick with Ross's Captain Marvel ,they could even do it exactly like this and I would still be satisfied
Shazam-by-Alex-Ross.jpg

Alex Ross's Captain Marvel is basically the same as Byrne's, JUST more photorealistic. Oh and yeah Snad I know it isn't final, just was putting up what was teased.

It's similar but it looks more cartoonish,most people,including me ,want Alex Ross's Captain Marvel .

It's similar but it looks more cartoonish,most people,including me ,want Alex Ross's Captain Marvel .

Lol... Of course it does.. One is an illustration from a comic book penciler, the other is from a photorealistic painter. I am pretty sure if it is a Captain Marvel Based on A pose by Byrne it will have an Alex Ross feel to the sculpt....:lecture

Lol... Of course it does.. One is an illustration from a comic book penciler, the other is from a photorealistic painter. I am pretty sure if it is a Captain Marvel Based on A pose by Byrne it will have an Alex Ross feel to the sculpt....:lecture

I don't know man,I just want them to do Alex Ross's Captain Marvel .

Honestly guys it is worth pointing out that if we had a PF based on that art we saw in the teaser video it will still come out more realistic than the sketch as that is just how Sideshow does these.

Honestly one of the best things about this DC line so far is that they combine artist interpretations with their own approach and create an ideal statue in their eyes from there. In this case I would expect they would base the pose off of the sketch and create their own body type and facial structure that they think works out. I expect he would indeed look muscular and strong and all that.

Alex Ross version or GTFO.

The gold instead of yellow and the sach in the belt give it a different feel. Also the body build for the character works better the way Alex Ross does it.

Alex Ross's Captain Marvel is basically the same as Byrne's, JUST more photorealistic. Oh and yeah Snad I know it isn't final, just was putting up what was teased.

I am a HUGE John Byrne fan. However, his Captain Marvel is just not drawn big enough for my tastes. It's not just the photo realistic style that is a difference between the 2 artists. Ross draws a MASSIVE Captain Marvel, Batman, and Supes. Byrne's interpretation of these characters are more athletic and lean than body builder big.

I actually like Byrne's art more than Ross. However, for a PF, it is truly Ross or fail for this character. A Ross version of this character would make for the best looking PF IMHO.

Gotta say, I think THIs would bea better Marvel

shazam-alex-ross_1024.jpg

That Ross version has been done twice by DCD. Their Kingdom Come monochromatic and fully painted versions. Would like to see something new but not a Byrne style. I associate him more with Superman because of the Man of Steel relaunch in 1986.

Gotta say, I think THIs would bea better Marvel

shazam-alex-ross_1024.jpg

That Ross version has been done twice by DCD. Their Kingdom Come monochromatic and fully painted versions. Would like to see something new but not a Byrne style. I associate him more with Superman because of the Man of Steel relaunch in 1986.
You can't compare DCD to SS.I want a high end PF ,not a mediocre statue with a bad paint job,that's why I want SS to do Alex Ross's Captain Marvel because we never got a decent one.

You can't compare DCD to SS.I want a high end PF ,not a mediocre statue with a bad paint job,that's why I want SS to do Alex Ross's Captain Marvel because we never got a decent one.

Exactly. Since when has DC Direct affected what Sideshow does? We would not have ANY of the Sideshow DC PFs we have coming if DC Direct was a factor. It's not even close.

I agree that DCD's was not a great statue. Then again what of theirs qualifies as "great"? My only point in bringing it up was in wanting a different pose of Ross's work instead of one already done.

Back