Shaun Of The Dead!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Shaun of the dead!!!!

I think you guys are a bit severe.This is an awesome licence from a Cult movie..Sideshow needs to have more licences like that.The Face sculpts are nice and as oppopsed to Neca's (Wich is good also) they have a lot of character in it.

And 60$ for a 12'' is fair and is where the market is at today.You guys are cheap and probably homosexuals too.:monkey3

:lecture :lecture :lecture

But you are right! :rock

Outside the headsculpt, you'll probably never find easier figures to make. You guys buying these are being ripped a new one, IMHO. The prices of HT and Medicom items aren't even necessarily relevant. Just between these and other SSC product, the price is way out of line. Only $5 less than the glorious Boromir and Faramir figures? The same price as Boussh and Obi-Wan?
Too much. But I think they're going for the few softees that love that movie and are willing to pay extra for it.
Maybe I can understand though because I'd probably pay the same price for figures of Pink Floyd wearing t-shirts and jeans.

I love em, dammit! Don't care about the paint apps, the sculpts are there... even if Ed is a little rough. I think with some good paint and some minor work here and there and these figures will rule. I'll probably buy two extra ones later to do the end of the film versions of the characters.

All I need now is a pint and some hog lumps and I am GOOD! Best day for me on SSC in a looooong time. :rock
I'm with you; I've seen what a difference a good custom paint job can do; i'm getting these and trying for a second set as well. I want to do them all bloodied up!

Outside the headsculpt, you'll probably never find easier figures to make. You guys buying these are being ripped a new one, IMHO. The prices of HT and Medicom items aren't even necessarily relevant. Just between these and other SSC product, the price is way out of line. Only $5 less than the glorious Boromir and Faramir figures? The same price as Boussh and Obi-Wan?
Too much. But I think they're going for the few softees that love that movie and are willing to pay extra for it.
Maybe I can understand though because I'd probably pay the same price for figures of Pink Floyd wearing t-shirts and jeans.

I know I would! :rock :lol

Very happy and surprised at this license - here's hoping for Hot Fuzz as well.

As for the sculpts - they obviously went for scene specific expressions rather than the generic bland expression we normally see on 1/6th figures. Shaun has that classic zombie face that we see from him a couple of times in the film and Ned has that scared expression that will be perfect for certain poses.

I'd imagine the glossy paint look won't be on the production figures, so I really think people will change their tune when more pics start popping up.

The articulation in the arms is a rather large drawback though - it's too bad there's not a better solution for bare arms.

I think you guys are a bit severe.This is an awesome licence from a Cult movie..Sideshow needs to have more licences like that.The Face sculpts are nice and as oppopsed to Neca's (Wich is good also) they have a lot of character in it.

And 60$ for a 12'' is fair and is where the market is at today.You guys are cheap and probably homosexuals too.:monkey3

Cheap? Lets see...

Plunked 500 for my PF Hulk once the shipping and duties were all paid for. Paid 180 for a MP Megatron. So not cheap.

Homosexual... with the women I date... could be a viable option. But alas I am attracted to females too much. hehe

But seriously, does everyone have to like what SideShow releases? hehe

I love Shaun of the Dead, and I may pick these up if DA81 repaints mine. If he can do what he says he can for these, then perhaps I may see these in my collection one day after all.

Last edited:
Ordered... for now. I'm not feeling the heads as-is, but I do think that this very well could be poor paint applications. I've pretty much resigned myself to getting ANY Sideshow human repainted by one of our master artists here, so the difference between a just-okay paint job and an absolutely horrible one is just not that great to me.

By the time I'm done getting these up to snuff they are going to be pretty pricey, tho... $20-$30 for a Hot Toys replacement body (I'm assuming Ed is wearing a fat suit over the standard Sideshow deal), $40-$50 for head repaints... ouch.

Maybe I'll have to order these from Alter Ego, etc. The priceyness, it burnses us.

I dig the expressive sculpts. Damn the poker face!

I'm not too shocked by the $60 price tags, 1/6 collecting is just an expensive hobby these days. Hell, I'll be paying $125 shipped for the HT Jor-El and that thing comes with as basic an outfit as it gets and no accesories. If you want to dance you gotta pay the band.

Phrase of the day!!! - although I don't fully agree. If SSC had some balls, they would give the great worm a prize just for this one sentence!

or a ****ing armor for his ****ing sexualy deranged Kurgan!​

Almost exactly 1 year ago I started this thread: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13454 and 1 year later we get these f@#kin' BAD ASSES!!!

"YEEAAAHHH BOYEEEEEEE"

:rock :rock :rock

7323_press11-001.jpg

I dig the expressive sculpts. Damn the poker face!

I'm not too shocked by the $60 price tags, 1/6 collecting is just an expensive hobby these days. Hell, I'll be paying $125 shipped for the HT Jor-El and that thing comes with as basic an outfit as it gets and no accesories. If you want to dance you gotta pay the band.

Yes, like we all knew it was going to happen: $60 is the accepted price for the SSC Bucks now. Are HT bodies and SSC bodies in the same league? I'm glad though that you only cite a prize of $125 (shipped!). Nowadays, SSC charges mostly between $130 and $150 for their 12" partner products such as Hot Toys and Medicom.

Back