SHARDS OF NARSIL and my other lotr collecions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yexel

Freaked Out
Reaction score
012020081466.jpg

012020081464.jpg

012020081468.jpg

012020081471.jpg

some of my lotr stuffs
042020071508.jpg

042020071506.jpg

042020071505.jpg

DSC01101.jpg

Litrato486.jpg

Image119.jpg

The shards look great in that display case...I would just remove the cheap little toy to the right of it...:emperor

Who is the cute little boy in the picture?? :rolleyes:

Nice display.

I am waiting someone who will custom made the life-size statue to place the shards as seen in the movie!!

Amazing collection and most of it is very nicely displayed. I would make one minor suggestion that I think may help. In that gorgeous Shards of Narsil case you have a rather cheap poster advertising the DVD. The did a tremendous 60 inch poster using much the same design for ROTK and New Line even sold authentic copies autographed by up to 40 of the actors in the film. It has a hologram and certificate saying that it came from New Line so do not confuse it with lesser ones that do not.

If you put something like that above Shards, then would your really have one gem to compliment the other gem.

Amazing collection and most of it is very nicely displayed. I would make one minor suggestion that I think may help. In that gorgeous Shards of Narsil case you have a rather cheap poster advertising the DVD. The did a tremendous 60 inch poster using much the same design for ROTK and New Line even sold authentic copies autographed by up to 40 of the actors in the film. It has a hologram and certificate saying that it came from New Line so do not confuse it with lesser ones that do not.

If you put something like that above Shards, then would your really have one gem to compliment the other gem.

Let me chime in here right away. New Line NEVER sold a poster with 40+ autographs with certificate of authenticity and hologram. How do I know? Because I bought one on eBay and then asked New Line Marketing directly because I wanted to make sure this was authentic for the money I paid. NL told me directly they NEVER sold posters of that nature. Luckily I got my money back, the seller was kicked off eBay but I still have the poster. Wanna buy? Also have the certificate:)))

Beren

Beren... WOW!!!!
Do you have any idea where these came from? This is huge news for me.

Beren... WOW!!!!
Do you have any idea where these came from? This is huge news for me.

umm, why, did you get one?

Where'd they come from? Where do 95% of all autographed items on eBay come from? Unless you had it signed yourself, you can never be sure. They're all forgeries.

I once met a girl at a convention, she had personally collected about 10 or so autographs. That was real.

Anything else sold on eBay, good luck or really, stay away. Or buy it, assuming it's a forgery and the criminal did a decent job of copying the cast and crew's sigs.

I checked the sigs on the poster against the ones I had collected personally. 2 were spot on, the third was quite different. I wanted to make sure my poster was real for the money spent, plus I hate being a sucker. It would have been an awesome piece if it were real, part of me wanted to just let it be and believe. But I went ahead, contacted New Line, emailed and phoned them. And they confirmed that there had been similar claims in the past and they never had an auction of that nature, they even contacted Peter Jackson previously to inquire if he had ever signed that poster and he confirmed he hadn't! Then their legal dept got in touch with eBay and they pulled the listing and the seller.

There was a seller who kept selling LOTR autographed posters, and I had to wonder how he could sell week after week one of those...

I couldn't bring myself to frame it and put it up, knowing that it's fake although no one else would ever know... :eek:

Beren

Back