Sentinel Maquette .....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG

THERES THAT FAMOUS WOLVERINE QUOTE ON THE BOTTOM OF THE BASE...

"This one's for you Morph"

Im totally geeking out

Must have

Sideshow just warmed my frozen lil heart a wee bit with that one

*tear*

Ha! That's pretty awesome of them to do that. Brings back old memories hearing that line.

Anyone displaying this with their 1/6 X-men, to give it a bigger scale?

But actually wouldn't that make the sentinel look smaller? Because if it were in scale with the DRS line, then the maquette should be much bigger. Cyc is standing on a Sentinel head, so you could see how big a Sentinel in that scale would be.

I will be displaying mine like this. I posted this on Statue forums - this is my mockup of where I'm going to put him.
It should be pretty accurate to scale. And my Sentinel should be here next week so I'll post follow up pics.

Sideshow_sentinal_mockup_Kotobukiya_Marvel_statu.png

So then I guess he would look better with Bowen statues rather than Kotos. Most Bowens are 1/7 or 1/8 right?

Time to hunt one down for 700.00 to 800.00 shipped max. Now I see 899.99 or best offer with free shipping. These won't move fast. Discounts is sure to come soon. What was shipping for these like to the east coast?

lol usually with pieces that came out great won't be on sale/discounted.
This will be sold out soon and I doubt after that you'll find this for $100-$200 cheaper. Haven't you learned from XM?? Gotta think ahead brotha

But actually wouldn't that make the sentinel look smaller? Because if it were in scale with the DRS line, then the maquette should be much bigger. Cyc is standing on a Sentinel head, so you could see how big a Sentinel in that scale would be.

I wasn't sure there was an exact size for the Sentinels... they seem to vary quite a bit depending on comic, never mind other media like television or movies.

I just meant, was anyone planning to display him with 1/6 pieces , rather than 1/4 pieces, to make him look bigger. Ooo, how about even with koto's 1/10 pieces? :D

I wasn't sure there was an exact size for the Sentinels... they seem to vary quite a bit depending on comic, never mind other media like television or movies.

I just meant, was anyone planning to display him with 1/6 pieces , rather than 1/4 pieces, to make him look bigger. Ooo, how about even with koto's 1/10 pieces? :D

Exactly. Sentinels don't come "one size fits all". They range from maybe 10 feet tall to as big as buildings. I think the SS sentinel looks great with the Kotos and Bowens. Almost the same ratio seen in the animated series. People just need to YouTube "Night of the Sentinels, Part 2" and check out the factory battle at the end.

Definitely picking this guy up before XMAS, just have to get rid of a few pieces

I think I'll display him with my infinitely large Marvel Legends 6 inch action figures...

I'm blown away that it does appear NOW that the embargo on XMEN products in particular has been lifted from Marvel.

Both an XMEN and an INHUMANS wave will grace toy shelves in time for the new XMEN Apocalyse movie.

A Rogue figure with a magneto helmet is one of 7 figures introduced into the line. Since the Sentinel Maquette stands 31 inch, I think these action figures will make a kick ass diorama.

They haven't announced the line up but I get the feeling it is the X-MEN 92 set up from the cartoon, and dare I dream... the build a figure for the wave will be Professor X IN HOVER CHAIR! Red Skull Onslaught is build a figure for new Civil War Captain America 3 toyline... Magneto switchout head that comes with Rogue will go nicely as an alternative for Onslaught...

---

Hasbro Marvel toys

CREDIT: Lan Pitts

Rogue figure, which will be part of the X-Men line coming in 2016 (dubbed the X-Wave). Hasbro’s first ever Marvel Legends X-Men figure wave will feature designs and characters from the X-Men world and 90’s Rogue was a good place to start.

“We went with 90’s Rogue because we had showed you a Rogue a couple years back that never made it out,” Stall said. “That was built on an older body style and system. Instead of coming to you and saying here’s our first ever X-Men wave and it has four figures you already seen, that’s not exciting enough.”

Rogue comes with an alternate head for Red Onslaught, Onslaught’s Magneto helmet. The X-Wave will have “about 7 figures” and will be announced at ToyFare in February and hit shelves around the time of X-Men: Apocalypse but will not feature any cinematic versions of characters.

The team was secret on what the BAF was actually going to be, but simply said “it’s going to be impressive.”

Dream X-MEN LEGENDS WAVE:
- 90s Rogue
- 90s Gambit
- 90s Beast
- 90s Cyclops
- 90s Jubilee
- 90s Morph
- 90s Storm

BAF - Professor X

I know this is kinda a low blow... but in terms of PFs I'm surprised we didn't see a Red Skull Onslaught... Since getting a Magneto in PF form seems like an impossible mission

He looks awesome. Hopefully mine arrives soon. My only grievance is his smallish hands. I've always seen sentinels in the comics and cartoon with these clunking big robot hands. Otherwise he's going to be a great addition to my 1/10 kotobukiya X-Men which should give him real size in comparison.

I see it like Gomur, the 90s cartoon is my favorite and I see this maquette very close to scale for 1:6 statues.

And yeah it would also go great with some Marvel Legends figures! like Rulk said.

But oh man, SDguy, awesome idea! If Koto ever does some 90's X-men in 1/10 scale I will be so tempted to get those! It will make the Sentinel a nice size in comparison.
I did a quick mockup with the current X-men: Magneto at 8" tall to the Sentinel's 32" height!
marvel_sentinel_maquette_sideshow_silo_400130.jpg
Fun stuff!

and great pic nchanzplace!

Ha!! Awesome mockup!!

I see it like Gomur, the 90s cartoon is my favorite and I see this maquette very close to scale for 1:6 statues.

And yeah it would also go great with some Marvel Legends figures! like Rulk said.

But oh man, SDguy, awesome idea! If Koto ever does some 90's X-men in 1/10 scale I will be so tempted to get those! It will make the Sentinel a nice size in comparison.
I did a quick mockup with the current X-men: Magneto at 8" tall to the Sentinel's 32" height!
View attachment 226552
Fun stuff!

and great pic nchanzplace!

I will be displaying mine like this. I posted this on Statue forums - this is my mockup of where I'm going to put him.
It should be pretty accurate to scale. And my Sentinel should be here next week so I'll post follow up pics.

Sideshow_sentinal_mockup_Kotobukiya_Marvel_statu.png

Just gotta say I'm a big fan of unique setups and this one is museum like but also modern and unique. Big fan.

I will not be buying this piece because it does not fit my personal unique setup and collection but as an X-Men fan I have to say that this is quite simply the best X-Men related statue I have ever seen. Some pictures make it almost look cartoonish or animated. Others make it look like a ridiculously perfect comic replica. And as a stand alone statue the paint apps, lights with a plugin, and sculpt is a turning point in a business where the bar is constantly being pushed. It's been a long time since I saw a piece of mixed media that encompassed so many nostalgic representations and I have to say bravo to Sideshow for such an awesome piece.

Totally bummed. Took off work today just to make sure I received him. I was loving checking out his arms and head sculpts only to find his rear leg straight snapped off in transit

uploadfromtaptalk1449038444818.jpg

Oh no, sorry to hear Nemen, hope they take care of that for you.

If all goes right, I should be placing my order for this tomorrow :) excited

Looks like I have to return the Batman Arkham PF they accidentally sent out. I should hopefully get Modern Age Batman and Sentinel before Friday if buyer sends payment tomorrow.

Aside from the break (huge bummer)

what are your thoughts on the piece?

Oh bummer!! I'm SS will send out a new one right away for you. Was the box damaged at all? I'm getting flashbacks to when I was collecting the DC Collectibles Arkham line :)

Totally bummed. Took off work today just to make sure I received him. I was loving checking out his arms and head sculpts only to find his rear leg straight snapped off in transit

View attachment 226711

Back