Sectar02's Custom Qui Gon Jinn.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sectar02

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

Well I have this old 1/6 Qui Gon from SS for few months and finally started working on!

I changed the whole body with a body similar to a TrueType from HT but less expensive! I modified the length of the legs by doing something simple. I took the feet of the original body, made the part where it is attached flat. Once you've done that you put them properly in the boots. Then you take the feet of your actual body, open them up and take the parts where the pegs go. You trim the little part that goes in the feet. You glue those two parts on the feet in the boots and your done. No modifications needed on the body and you gain the extra length. I hope i'm clear!

I also gave the boots a repaint, and gonna spray them with a shiny finish next week.

I dyed the cloak and the pants in a darker brawn. When that's done, i put all the clothes in the fabric softener, it's easier to work with them this way.

I put all the clothes back on the figure to give them a good shape.

Result 1 :

I wasn't happy at all by the result, the proportions were not right.

I decided to modify the fabric belt and the jedi belt to lower them a bit and have the right proportions. Ahah my work there isn't really beautiful but it works fine so...

There you have the result of the belts modification.

You also have some height comparison with a normal 1/6 figure.

I ordered another sculpt that was awesome, but as it was on the net couldn't see it was way too small, hopefully it was cheap...

I decided to go with the original sculpt from SS and modify it.
I added some epoxy putty to change some of the parts, tomorrow when it's dried, i will sand everything and add details. I will also try for the first time to hair the HS!

Hope it helps and you enjoyed what you see.

Cheers

Looking awesome! Definitely looks more accurate with him being taller and I love the fabric softener trick on the clothes. It makes them hang so much more realistically. I look forward to seeing how this progresses.

Looking awesome! Definitely looks more accurate with him being taller and I love the fabric softener trick on the clothes. It makes them hang so much more realistically. I look forward to seeing how this progresses.

Hey, thank you man for the kind words! Yeah he definitely had to be taller. Well he is when you buy him, but the body is crap and you still got the disproportionate look... Thought about the trick when i was making my Custom 1/6 Nazgul.

I was molding the head, but then i realized i had not enough silicon..... I guess it's gonna be messed up, we'll see when it's dried...

I'll post update asap :)

Ahaha as i said i saw when i was pouring the silicone that i had not enough (big noob at that for now ahaha). But i was like it's already messed up, let's cast it and see what happens ahah.

Zombie Qui Gon!

Hye man, were you able to complete this project ?

I don't acknowledge them as SW films, but I like alot of the character designs. This will be a very cool figure.

Hey! Sorry for the late replies!

Actually, nop i haven't finished this figure... I'm focusing on A new hope, but i'll be back at it soon!

You know man, we all know they are not as good as the originals, but i grew up with them so :) But i agree the character designs is pretty awesome!

Back