SDCC speculation and (eventually) photo catch all

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the half-and-half comparison shots he looks perfect...but there is something ever-so-slightly off when you view the full sculpt. It's still a very good likeness...but doesn't quite have the Tarkin, Yondu, Bucky level of awesomeness.

Still gonna buy him though.

I think for me it definitely is the beard and hair colour, also something around the eyes not being as intense. I think Tarkin/Bucky sculpts have such a great intensity in their eyes and that area is so well done.

Also... Huge dissappointment no Logan!

The two things that are different are the mustache not being completely over the lip, which I think would look weird on a sculpted figure. And the sculpted heads eyes are a little wider, more open..younger if you will, and that is probably a logistic/production issue due to scale and need to mass paint

For me it's the beard color that looks too light when compared side by side. Of course that may be due to it not being thick enough and/or the lighting difference. Still a nice sculpt. Sometimes I have to remind myself these sculpts are only about 1" tall. Most of these nits will disappear when viewed normally.

Jc photo
559F0C65-8649-4374-A5A9-A1DB48AFF792.jpeg

If Maul wasn't a deluxe and just a regular figure with a couple of accessories, he would have been a day one po for me. Figure his cost now is close to $500 and I might as well buy a PF for that.

If Maul wasn't a deluxe and just a regular figure with a couple of accessories, he would have been a day one po for me. Figure his cost now is close to $500 and I might as well buy a PF for that.

Yeah, I'm not even an SW collector but pick up a fig now and then - this is so badass but tho love dio stands don't need it here, for me.

It could be a Sideshow figure. Just because it's SW doesn't mean HT unfortunately. No where in their notice does it even hint HT it's all SS.

Back