SDCC speculation and (eventually) photo catch all

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1667-01.jpg
IMG_1669-01.jpgIMG_1670-01.jpgIMG_1674-01.jpgIMG_1662-01.jpgIMG_1674-01.jpg

I don’t know man. I thought Thor Ragnarok was the best Thor movie yet and one of my favorite Marvel movies. I thought this movie was pretty well received too. I guess some people thought it was going to be a real serious film and the change in tone really took them off guard.

I really liked the premise the film went for and I don't mind the usual MCU humor, but making it into a glorified SNL skit is taking it too far for my tastes. I just couldn't help but feel far more underwhelmed than overwhelmed. Not saying it's bad objectively, but it isn't my cup of tea. That being said I still think Waitti is a good visual director, so if he just sticks to that, then I wouldn't mind if he took over GotG3.

Art Damage - Thank you for posting the Bilbo/Thorin pics! Another fig set been waiting years for - ASMUS is up and coming - so impressed by their costume work.

Emptying the accounts after this SDCC:monkey3. Like someone's idea about buying yourself gift cards and using the cards for POs.

For sure Sideshow hasn't sent any useful coupons to me lately.:(

Well aside from the typical HT properties....this is a bust.

Nothing anyone really wanted or asked for in the pages before the photos.....

And as usual the “instant preorder” crowd is buying whatever they pit out there....even if its the 4th versions of a figure.

Would have been nice to get some surprises and some properties people have been waiting on for years....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Art Damage - Thank you for posting the Bilbo/Thorin pics! Another fig set been waiting years for - ASMUS is up and coming - so impressed by their costume work.

Emptying the accounts after this SDCC:monkey3. Like someone's idea about buying yourself gift cards and using the cards for POs.

For sure Sideshow hasn't sent any useful coupons to me lately.:(

No problem. Meant to post this one too. His swords are bad ass.
IMG_1673-01.jpg

I haven't uploaded my latest pics yet. Will try to do it tonight and post tomorrow. I have some pics from QMX, Mezco, more sideshow/hot toys. Etc.

Not the usual trash?

Batman Returns?

Robocain?

Connor?

1/4 Terminator?

Bespin Han
Lando

Maybe Alien franchise

BTTF 1 Doc

Trinity Morpheus

It was nice to see Wick......let see if he gets made for real. At least it was outside the big 3.

Oh of course we didnt get enough new Iron Men...
;)

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

No problem. Meant to post this one too. His swords are bad ass.
View attachment 419324

I haven't uploaded my latest pics yet. Will try to do it tonight and post tomorrow. I have some pics from QMX, Mezco, more sideshow/hot toys. Etc.

Yeah, I own replicas of Orcrist and Deathless - Thorin had great swords; ASMUS is outdoing itself (love what I own from them so far; they don't skimp on costumes and materials - good for them!)

Pics much appreciated:clap as it sounded like u were working + crowded con:). Tallying up wants from this SDCC is scary.:cool::drool:lol

[...]Batman Returns?

Never mind that a proper 1/6 BR Catwoman is a grail piece for me -- just seeing some Tim Burton aesthetics brought forward into the contemporary design milieu would be epic. A fully realized Burton Batman line would be unbelievable. So much so that it'll never happen. :horse

And this from someone who *likes* a lot of the Marvel stuff.

I also wish we'd see more Bruce Lee -- I think Blitzway has the license and has done sweet FA with it.

Back