Scout Trooper Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
timon.jpg

Okay Ihave to say if this is some attempt to save $$ on the state of the economy they did a seriously piss poor job at covering it up.

I bought the Premium Biker Scout and Speeder Bike way back when it was first introduced because that was just a serious cornerstone of PF goodness.

When I first saw this picture this morning I looked and said, "ARE THEY SERIOUS?" This has to be one of the worst most recycled PFs they've ever decided to release! There is NO WAY I would purchase this along side my Bike/Scout display. It just holds no candle to it.

A way better move would be if they came out with a Clone Trooper or a OT Stormtrooper.

I hope this PF tanks. This is a terrible use of recycling this in an attempt to make as big of sales as the Bike/Scout set. I have a feeling these won't be moving very fast at all.

Slave Leia was a bit of a tough choice to pass on being as I have a couple nice Slave pieces already and one signed by Carrie Fisher on an Adam Hughes C4 print, but a Biker scout next to a Biker Scout/Speederbike set is the most easiest pass decision I can make today.

Looks like everyone here pretty much agrees this is both a waste of time and money.

Last edited by a moderator:
I figured this wouldn't get much love and its a questionable move. I mean you've already done this character once. Yes, its exspensive but taking a spot that could be used for something that people have been dying to get is kind of puzzling. Just not a great choice by SS to go this route at least right now.

Wow, waking up to a lot of bashing.

How about we all calm down and wait till we see the whole picture. The base could really save the pose.

Plus this is an age old way of getting more money out of existing molds. Every company does this from time to time. If this is what Sideshow needs to do to survive this economy then more power to them!!

Now calm the ^^^^ down you haters!!! :bunnydanc

You're right... and lucky for you I found a picture of the base:

recycling.jpg

Big compacted recycling blocks! AWESOME!!!!!

I think the pose is obvious that he's cautious and sneaking around the woods. People that say he looks like he's pooping are just venting because they didn't get the PF they wanted.

This is SS way of giving those that couldn't afford the one on bike to get one. The design of the armor is so cool, the bikes weren't the only thing that made the scout troopers cool.

Teach it. :chew

I'm sorry that 95% of you are disappointed, but seriously, let's wait to see how the whole shebang unfolds, eh? I'm out of the PF line as it is, but before I was, I had to pass on the Scout w/ Bike because of space issues. No way could I have given up all of that real estate.

This is a good idea for people who found themselves in the same boat as I. I dig the scout design. It gave me a seriously cool "wow" moment when I first saw it back in 1983. It's good of Sideshow to give options to those who feel like they have no options. Bravo. :clap

And if that still doesn't calm anyone down, dare I suggest ...

*looks around furtively and whispers...*

...seriously low edition size? ;)

Who gives a damn about the edition size? I STILL wouldn't regret not buying it if there was only 10 made!!! Give me a high edition sized NEW piece any day.

I figured this wouldn't get much love and its a questionable move. I mean you've already done this character once. Yes, its exspensive but taking a spot that could be used for something that people have been dying to get is kind of puzzling. Just not a great choice by SS to go this route at least right now.

Well SS better backdoor this with a storm trooper or a clone trooper to save face, that's all I can say.

The Scout Trooper is my most-loved SW trooper character and since I didn't get the Speeder Biker PF version, this version is just nice for me. I will be getting one. If there is an exclusive edition, I will order direct from SS. If there isn't, then I will buy direct from my local retailer.

The Scout Trooper is my most-loved SW trooper character and since I didn't get the Speeder Biker PF version,

How can you call yourself a Scout Trooper fan and not owning the single greatest collectible about it...:duh

This is exactly the kind of squabbled together, overpriced, underproduced type of item that will one day be going for Doctor Doom prices.

This is exactly the kind of squabbled together, overpriced, underproduced type of item that will one day be going for Doctor Doom prices.

I could not disagree more. There isn't a second Doom of better quality out there. The same cannot be said of this junk.

I like this. I didn't have the money/space for the one on the speeder bike. Depending on the price, this may be my first Star Wars PF.

I could not disagree more. There isn't a second Doom of better quality out there. The same cannot be said of this junk.

Your right in some respect, but the Doom does have a second item available without the silly pimp cup which makes it only slightly better. Its really the limitedness of the Doom ex that drives the price.

The biker scout never had an EX edition. If this thing gets released at 50 or 100 items it effectively becomes the exclusive edition & becomes a valuable commodity on the after market.

Last edited:
I guess it is good that Sideshow did another Scout for those who want one and couldn't get the one with the bike. Especially if it helps create additional needed revenue as pointed out by others. It does look like he's trying to walk quietly in the woods, being careful where he steps. I think if the base is littered with twigs and forest debris to show that it could help. But personally I agree that it looks far too much like they just took him off the bike and that removes some of the excitement about it. I'm just surprised by this move.

Back