SAVING PRIVATE RYAN CPT. MILLER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

small_studios

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just got done painting this one and figured i would post it too. It is one of the best sculpts out there and fun to paint. Let me know what you guys think :)

miller005.jpg

miller007-1.jpg

Perfect skintone mix......check!!

Definition in the eye color....check!!

Instantly recognizable headsculpt....check!!

Looks like a masters work to me.....nice job s_s!!

.......................:rock...................................

Isn't it your sculpt?

no, it's from Longbow Studios but i believe the sculptor is Asian (Korean?). i think Longbow is made up of about 3 guys. Skwerl, who's a painter from Canada, the sculptor, and the person who is molding/casting the heads i think is in Cali. at least i remember a member here stating that the caster was close to them in Cali (Gruff Old Bear?).

Great paint and sculpt. Instantly recognizable as Capt. Miller. So what body would you put that head to?

Great paint and sculpt. Instantly recognizable as Capt. Miller. So what body would you put that head to?

i'm hearing some say that the sculpt is slightly undersized so it's looking like a small head on Dragon and SS bods. i bet it'd look great on a Medicom but then most of the gear/uniforms that could be used to bash it might end up being to small since most of the gear is from Dragon/DID.

Ill post pics of the body i will be using for this sculpt. The sculpt is a slight to small but its not that noticable.

Nice work Small! I'm working on it at the moment as well, so it's cool to see another take at it. I'm just about finished, should be done tomorrow. So I will post it. So far I only have the in work shot that I posted in my thread.

Mine is going to be a bit more filthy and Normandy battle fresh. :lol

Jedi: The pants and jacket came from Dragon. The vest and leggins were made in Japan on special order, The boots came from Newline, and most of the accessories were DiD. Oh he is also posted on a dragon Neo body. You have to be careful with the gear you choose because it will look way to bulky for the figure.

Back