Premium Format Sandtrooper Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno so far. Need to see more pics. Maybe it's the angle but those arms just scream "Pose me, please!" If that were the case and the head was posable as well it might have potential. Still... the legs look kinda weird too. Sideshow went from one leg up poses to both legs straight as a post.

All I am hoping for is that the head is posable ... I'm sure it will look much better if he looks towards the horizon .. womp rat... not sure sure about that choice but hey.. its exclusive so I take it. The price equals what it is (FINALLY SIDESHOW) so you got yourself a customer and I will PO this

I think all previous Trooper premium formats had poseable heads, didn't they? So it would be a miss if this one doesn't have it.

i think it looks great :dunno im not one who knows every inch of the trooper helmets so if it looks like a trooper its fine by me...don't need the ex so will grab it locally

If you don't like it that's fair. But please use a respectful tone. I've deleted some really nasty comments in this thread now. So please tone it down.

god that helmet is bad, easy pass

Comments like this make me laugh out loud. What exactly is bad about it? To 99% of the population, this is what a Storm Trooper looks like. I can't believe how **** some people can be about Star Wars figures.

Comments like this make me laugh out loud. What exactly is bad about it? To 99% of the population, this is what a Storm Trooper looks like. I can't believe how **** some people can be about Star Wars figures.

star wars fans are the toughest to deal with for sure .. :(

Exactly! 100% agree with you!

This statue definitely looks better from certain angles to me. From other angles it just looks off. If the head can move it will alleviate some of those issues.

The helmet looks bad, no matter how you put it. Since this is a Sandtrooper, the helmet should be a Stunt, not a Hero with small/short frown (the gray mouth part), like the Stormtrooper PF. Or at least make it a SE Sandtrooper and be done with it.

But the big issue is that it comes with the huge jaw present on the Stormtrooper PF helmet too. If this was released years ago I'd say it's ok, but at this time and age, when there are available tons of photos, even access to real helmets if really wanted to, this is not pardonable. I have no issue with the pose or weathering. Also the blaster will look good, since SSC makes the best ones. Still there is place for improvement.

And yes times have changed and some Star Wars fans are harder to satisfy especially when talking about high end expensive stuff. These things are not $10 Hasbro figures. If there weren't people like these "rivet counters" or "accuracy nuts", you wouldn't get accurate licensed stuff like some of the EFX & Anovos props or Hot Toys figures, people would still enjoy Potato Head Spud Troopers :wink1:

Sandtrooper was always my favorite imperial... I'll probably pick up the regular once the in-hand pics arrive.
I'm guessing the edition will be more than Snowtrooper.

Perhaps a Jawa PF is in the works... him looking down at a doomed Jawa would look pretty sweet.

I was really looking forward to this. The pose is too awkward imo though. I wish they went with the original pose, but then everyone would complaining about the captain's pose.

It does look good from other angles. Not sure yet if I'll actually pick this one up but it doesn't look bad to me.

300150_press15_zpsacvslwgd.jpg

300150_press06_zpsod4q0vwk.jpg

300150_press06_zpsod4q0vwk.jpg

300150_press07_zps2qvrexj3.jpg

300150_press05_zpsk2p1vfwb.jpg

300150_press04_zpsaws9nko8.jpg

3001501_press02_zps5k3xxn0y.jpg

I'm not talking about accuracy. I don't mind idealized, as a matter of fact I like idealized. But this isn't just inaccurate, it is BAD. The jaw area is huge, a human head would have trouble lining up even with the eyes. It makes the neck area look huge. The legs/feet look off to me too, but I'm not sure why. This is what I get literally just from looking at it with a quick glance, not even going over the details.

Also that 99% argument is horrible. 99% of the people who saw a rubies stromtrooper helmet would say that's what a stormtrooper looks like too (and did, for the longest time), but it looks like ****. Hell 99% of people if showed a Wolverine with 4 claws instead of 3 would still say that's what wolverine looks like cause they don't know better. Clearly people buying this aren't the 99%.

I'm not talking about accuracy. I don't mind idealized, as a matter of fact I like idealized. But this isn't just inaccurate, it is BAD. The jaw area is huge, a human head would have trouble lining up even with the eyes. It makes the neck area look huge. The legs/feet look off to me too, but I'm not sure why. This is what I get literally just from looking at it with a quick glance, not even going over the details.

Also that 99% argument is horrible. 99% of the people who saw a rubies stromtrooper helmet would say that's what a stormtrooper looks like too (and did, for the longest time), but it looks like ****. Hell 99% of people if showed a Wolverine with 4 claws instead of 3 would still say that's what wolverine looks like cause they don't know better. Clearly people buying this aren't the 99%.

You know for a fact that "a human head would have trouble lining up even with the eyes". Can you prove that? Actually,who cares? It's a statue. Lol.

Actually you proved my 99% theory anyways, because hardcore accuracy guys won't get this due to the "inaccuracies".

You know for a fact that "a human head would have trouble lining up even with the eyes". Can you prove that? Actually,who cares? It's a statue. Lol.

Actually you proved my 99% theory anyways, because hardcore accuracy guys won't get this due to the "inaccuracies".

Again, I don't care if it's inaccurate. I want the Hot Toys 1/4th and it's not going to be accurate, it's idealized. And I'm perfectly fine with that.. Just because something doesn't like something because they don't think it's good it's not automatically "OH YOU ONLY DON'T LIKE IT CAUSE OF INACCURACY". People can not like things cause they look bad too. Not only do I think that the helmet is a poor representation of a storm trooper helmet but I believe it looks bad too. Is it really that hard to wrap you head around? You can like it, I don't care. Your money.

Pose aside, the body is way too thin compared to the head. If the head were any larger, it would look like a bobblehead. But i guess it will go good with the awkward pose the regular Stormtrooper PF has. :D After looking at it some more, it reminds me of a runway model pose, just wearing sandtrooper armor instead of dresses. :D

Back