Sad News at Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm completely stunned. :monkey2

My heartfelt condolences to Diane's children and husband.

JS :monkey2

Diane was fun to work with.... she always had a positive outlook even when we bumped heads on shipping issues and timeframes!
She was one of those people that when you saw her in the halls she would stop ya to ask how your day was going!
I will miss her alot!!!!
Blessings to her Family and friends!

This is a sad day....

Bob

I can't imagine how her family and friends must feel right now, as with everyone else here I send my deepest sympathies along with my thoughts and prayers.

I am very sad to hear this news. I met Diane at SDCC this year, and she answered a few questions for me. She seemed very kind.

Heartfelt sympathies to her husband, children and family....

:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

I too was one who was impressed by her friendliness and professionalism at SDCC (both 05 and 06). Despite the madhouse atmosphere always around the SS booth, she never seemed to lose her smile -- and that smile went all the way into her eyes. I remember she took the time to pass me her card last year, despite the craziness all around us, with a sincere "let me know if you need any help." I'm sure she said that to many, but she made me feel that she meant only me. That's the kind of style she had.

My heart goes out to her family. We'll miss you Diane!

I spoke to Erin earlier today and the mood in the office was understandably very, very sombre. I personally never met this lady, but feel very down because such a vital member of our wider community has gone.
I feel heartbroken for her husband and kids and I can only wish them heartfelt condolences.
The same for the staff at sideshow as something like this, especially at a time of the year when we are all partying and having fun, makes everyone very aware of just how fragile life is. Tragic!
Diane was a similar age to my wife and it certainly makes me count my blessings.
It sounds like she was a lovely lady and all who she came in contact with seem to have good memories of her. At least she has left those good memories.
I only hope I can leave as positive a vibe.

Oh dear, how sad. Two families lost her. Her own and her Sideshow family. How sad for both.

My condolences to both. At Sideshow she may be replaced, but no one will ever take her place.

I think that's very respectful and classy of Sideshow to make such a loss so public. Many companies, while should be in their best interest to do so, don't acknowledge this kind of thing. So to see it be done, and as well as they did it, shows a lot of integrity and compassion on their part.

As for the person, even if you don't know them (which is my case), it's still always sad to hear someone go, especially at such a young age. I wish the very best for her family, friends, and co-workers.

I can't say I have ever actually spoken to Diane personally, but from what I have read and heard... She was a good person and she will be missed. I feel for the children. I know what it can be like to lose a Mother at a young age and it's devastating. I do hope that their Father and friends are able to help them through this rough time.

My thoughts and prayers will be with them... And with all of SSC and the people whose lives were touched by her.

Josh

I am truly sorry for the loss of such a kind and friendly person. Any age would have been too early but I guess someone has other plans for Diane. May you all be able to remember the good times she shared with you and always remember that permanent smile.

The Kamahele name is a very old family in Hawaii ... Aloha 'oe to the Kamahele ohana in their time of bereavement.

So sad to loos such a person at such a yung age, and a mother and wife too. And so close to the holidays.

My thoughts & prayers go out to her family and friends.

Diane was the first Sideshow person I ever met, and a wonderful representative for the company. I always looked forward to seeing her at the Sideshow events. I will miss her warm smile. My condolences to her families, her husband and children, and her Sideshow family.

My deepest condolence goes to Diane's family and Sideshow. Sorry for the bad news. I'm just glad that she passed away doing what she loved.

Back