S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any suggestions on others that are still available that I should get my hands on?

Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it!

Np! See if you can find the R1 figuarts stormtroopers for a good price somewhere BUT they have teased new ones too. I might prefer the R1's, not sure yet. You'd have to go back a few pages to the huge photo dump on all the reveals from a little while back.

Agree with Lip that the Obi-wans are worth it though if you just want 1 PT Obi I could see holding off on the RotS one. If you're a fan of the character I'd also pick up Maul, even at a little higher price. They did show a new one with a robe, but we don't know when that's coming. He has been rereleased before but maybe he'll get a second rerelease. But he's considered one of the best in the line I'd say. Either way, get the characters you're a fan of, I don't recall SHF having made one that wasn't good enough for fans of the character except both Vaders and the very first Stormtrooper. EDIT: SHF Kylo Ren also leaves to be desired if you don't like his plastic robes, and the first Phasma was way too small, TLJ one seems alright though.

And imo R1 Mafex Vader was a little too small for Mafex but thankfully scales pretty well with SHF. I debated Mafex Kylo and Boba but I ended up feeling they don't scale well enough.

And imo R1 Mafex Vader was a little too small for Mafex but thankfully scales pretty well with SHF. I debated Mafex Kylo and Boba but I ended up feeling they don't scale well enough.

e0c3853d4668862bee31b35d13669bec.jpg

961e5896bae06205bc6c3bc114aa7191.jpg

33d72a3fd7df8cc7edc06690518e2411.png

874aeddfcb3233ef64029eda4caff8c7.png

2172c4906da19ca1091df8aae16a37a4.png

e3890e0561db9fed69a23794c2418f92.jpg

I think the scale is just about right [emoji848][emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm, good pics, thanks! I guess so. But, I feel Mafex R1 scales better with figuarts and I feel Mafex Boba is just too big for figuarts. So that would seem like a contradiction all combined... One of the determining factors for me regarding Boba was a pic of him next to figuarts Han and that didn't look right. Boba is a clone, he should have the size of clones no? And clones/Jango surely aren't as tall as Han? Even in armor? Was Boba as tall as Han? (I mean obviously there can be OT/PT differences although I'd hope Lucas cast someone as tall as Boba was with Jango.)
Also if you look closely, maybe it's minor, but R1's Vader head is just a fraction too small compared to Boba. From the pictures it seems Boba's Helmet should just about, kinda fit into Vader's, which does not seem the case with the Mafex ones.
EDIT: added picture of figuarts Han next to Mafex Boba
d85dbd160323bcc428a2ba8d38ec2032.jpg

EDIT2: God dammit a simple google height search shows I clearly effed the hell up, because it shows Jango boba and Han are pretty much all equally tall. Apologies guys, especially if I confused newcomers. I guess Mafex Boba does fit figuarts just like R1 Vader. Who knew, now I'm bummed out I didn't get him.:slap:lol

Google heights vs “official” Star Wars heights vs actors heights, debate goes on.

Actor heights : Jeremy Bulloch around 5’10 - 6 feet, Harrison Ford around 5’11 - 6’ 1”, Temeura Morrison 5’7”

In the carbon chamber scene where Boba enters with Han walking behind shows Boba being ever so slightly shorter than Han.

Official heights for Boba and Jango : 5’ 10” - 6’, Han : 5’10”

f554b4883b21edc4fd3be26217333a7c.jpg

72c036007e368e47101abb576d4906ef.jpg

But I think that Mafex, Figuarts and Black Series can be made to fit each other, depending on what figures we choose to buy and how we mix up the size differences. For instance, re the stormtroopers, we see in various scenes that they range in size. Figuarts Luke’s are ok, even though I would prefer the Black Series height. Figuarts Han is taller than his Black Series counterpart.

That Mafex Boba is pretty sick. SHF has their work cut out for them but thus far the proto is looking good.

Damn, indeed. In that last pic it nearly makes the SHF one look like a real person. Damn this line is a blessing, esp for those who aren't into 1/6 scale like me.

And the figuarts Han being taller actually makes it look better with the BS Chewie, which I find to be a far better Chewie than the figuarts after a simple black wash. Yes Figuarts has mostly better articulation of course. But the height absolutely kills it for me. And the sculpt is a little wonky imo. He has like a beer belly on top of the ugly seam line in the head.

vxFR5Na.jpg

sEdA5JS.jpg

Not sure why they're even making one. The Mafex Boba is perfect.

Literally looks like a small human being inside a costume with a helmet on.

Sounds dumb, but owners know what I mean lol

Do you think there’s any hope for some more Solo Figuarts? I would really love to see some more troopers, especially a Mudtrooper.

they showed the patrol trooper that was briefly in Solo at their comic-con event last month. That was the only other figure from the movie they've shown, but not yet listed for PO.

I doubt they're going to do any more if they don't reveal anything by this weeks end. considering how they've treated Rogue One, and because Solo didn't pull it's weight at the box office.

It’s possible. The movie has yet to release in Japan. I’d say if nothing is announced in the next 2-3 weeks then don’t expect anything else.

Just curious, but where are people seeing the Boba proto? I don't see anything in the last few pages.

And the figuarts Han being taller actually makes it look better with the BS Chewie, which I find to be a far better Chewie than the figuarts after a simple black wash. Yes Figuarts has mostly better articulation of course. But the height absolutely kills it for me. And the sculpt is a little wonky imo. He has like a beer belly on top of the ugly seam line in the head.

vxFR5Na.jpg

Have you messed with the SHF Chewie in hand? Because it's incredible. And looks exactly like him. That one above looks kind of like muddy Mimban Chewie lol. Granted it does look better than the normal "Snickers Bar" Hasbro Chewbacca.

Yeah I have, its bottom tier figuarts for me. The two things that immediately come to mind when you think of Chewie are height and fur. Obviously we're not going to get real fur (though its possible), so height is incredibly important. And the figuarts just fails terribly. Way too short. It looks like an average size person cosplaying as chewbacca when you put it next to Han.

Yeah I have, its bottom tier figuarts for me. The two things that immediately come to mind when you think of Chewie are height and fur. Obviously we're not going to get real fur (though its possible), so height is incredibly important. And the figuarts just fails terribly. Way too short. It looks like an average size person cosplaying as chewbacca when you put it next to Han.

It’s a fantastic figure, I’m surprised you hate it so much after actually playing with it in hand. The way the fur looks is so cool. I enjoy Black Series, but that Chewie is a gummy mess. Sure the SHF could be taller, but it fits in just fine in my display.

I'm a stickler for scale. It doesn't have to be PERFECT, but when you put this Chewie next to their Han something IMMEDIATELY jumps out at you as looking off or wrong. So it distracts/detracts from the whole figure for me.

Back