S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally pulled the trigger and bought the exclusive Anakin. Took some nice ****** iPhone pics [emoji18]

b708d854ae14cde11817493080ae7114.jpg

9699511022fcd941f22eafbe0ffff934.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, that makes more sense. I'll be sure to avoid anything that sounds too good to be true, thanks!

Yeah if you zoomed in on the pics you could so tell. The ones from China with 'no box' probably aren't legit either. The legit ones are going for silly money, I'm glad I got mine when I did.

To be fair, the KO Luke is still miles better than anything Hasbro have produced. Don't feel you've thrown your money away - I'm quite happy with mine (and I bought knowingly)

I watched a few review videos, it's not bad for $16, but not worth much more.

Like I said it's my first one and I haven't kept up with what they are really going for so if the figure sucks it will be a good Christmas present for my nephew. Didn't Mezco Punisher KO look good?

Like I said it's my first one and I haven't kept up with what they are really going for so if the figure sucks it will be a good Christmas present for my nephew. Didn't Mezco Punisher KO look good?

I have the KO Punisher, it's the only Mezco I have so I can't compare, but it seems pretty good to me. The three heads look as good as the pics I've seen online.

It gets bashed a bit from the more hardcore figuarts collectors here, but the KO Luke isn't so bad. You're not going to get true figuarts quality out of it, joints fall apart easily, paint is a bit sloppy, stuff like that. But it's still a fun figure to mess around with and still looks nicer than the Black Series Jedi Luke (which is rare and more expensive now too).

I dont regret buying mine one bit, and I also wont feel bad dumping it if I'm ever able to get a genuine one for a decent price since I paid so little for it.

How do you know it's legit, though? After the bootleg came out, i'd be too scared to buy Luke from a non-trusted site.
I mean, even the bootlegs box seems legit. I was just expecting it to arrive in a bag...

(By non-trusted, I mean places that aren't AmiAmi etc.)

How do you know it's legit, though? After the bootleg came out, i'd be too scared to buy Luke from a non-trusted site.
I mean, even the bootlegs box seems legit. I was just expecting it to arrive in a bag...

(By non-trusted, I mean places that aren't AmiAmi etc.)
I got this one from a local eBay auction, the up close photos show that the face is from the genuine one. MIB too which is kinda cool
Nice!

I got one a couple weeks ago for like twice that so you got a good deal. I hope they reissue Luke again, I would love to have multiples.
Thanks [emoji4], it seems like a great figure. I really really like the gold hair apps despite the apparent universal hatred for it, so considering luke has most extreme application of it Bandai has done to date it should look amazing in hand, to me anyway haha

Good score. As much as I like the bootleg, putting him next to legit Figuarts really makes the bootlegginess stand out.

Just nabbed TFA Kylo Ren for $52 AU, so that ain't too shabby.

Good score. As much as I like the bootleg, putting him next to legit Figuarts really makes the bootlegginess stand out.

Just nabbed TFA Kylo Ren for $52 AU, so that ain't too shabby.
That's a really good deal, it's a shame figuarts are so hard to get for decent prices here in Aus. I don't think I've ever seen them in a physical shop either

That's a really good deal, it's a shame figuarts are so hard to get for decent prices here in Aus. I don't think I've ever seen them in a physical shop either

Thats because this line is Japan only, they cant be imported to any other region because of the Licensing

I've seen some Figuarts in stores. My local Zing had a Harley Quinn for sale a month or so ago, and Minotaur Comics in Melbourne has a couple of DC ones. But, as with most things, way waaaaay cheaper to import.

Used Mandarake for Kylo. Given the yen's back up a bit at the moment, the conversion wasn't bad.

I've seen some Figuarts in stores. My local Zing had a Harley Quinn for sale a month or so ago, and Minotaur Comics in Melbourne has a couple of DC ones. But, as with most things, way waaaaay cheaper to import.

Used Mandarake for Kylo. Given the yen's back up a bit at the moment, the conversion wasn't bad.
Ooo, suicide squad Harley? What was the pricing like?

And I don't want to derail the thread but how was your experience with mandarake? How are the shipping costs here to aus?

I've actually seen figuarts Mario Bros figures at Toys R us, right on the shelf next to those "world of Nintendo" mario figures. Figuarts definitely can distribute in the US, but maybe the Star Wars line has a different licensing deal?

Figuarts are distributed in the US through Bluefin. They can't distribute Star Wars figures here because of Hasbro. They can only distribute Marvel figures if they're north of $80 and come with an accessory. Since they aren't doing this for Star Wars, the licensing deal must be a lot stricter.

I've actually seen figuarts Mario Bros figures at Toys R us, right on the shelf next to those "world of Nintendo" mario figures. Figuarts definitely can distribute in the US, but maybe the Star Wars line has a different licensing deal?

Yeah "figuarts" is a broad branding term, all licenses of that brand will have their own stipulations

Back