S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Until recently my quality benchmark was the hasbro 3 3/4" line. Up til around the gammorean guard wave, it was pretty great for the time.

hah i see where you're coming from. that was when, 2010? of course comparing 1/18 and 1/12 is like comparing apples and oranges, but even by general 2010 toy standards, the six inch R2 would have been a poor action figure even back then.

i don't know - i feel like a whole different quality yardstick is used when it comes to star wars. i was just watching robo from the fwoosh reviewing the SDCC luke/landspeeder set, and he actually called the luke 'a pretty good figure' when it's anything but.

I have the SDCC Luke and FA Luke and FA kills the SDCC Luke. I'm tempted to buy the regular Landspeeder and put Luke in it. I've kept all my figuarts in the packages. I should've bought an extra Maul. I hope they make Bloodfin.

I think 3PO & R2 look great. I'm glad I ordered them, especially if they are sold out. They're on the way from AmiAmi, although I use the slower shipping to save a few dollars so it'll be a few weeks till I have them. I only have 5 SH Figuarts SW figures (Vader, Luke Jedi, Darth Maul, Kylo Ren & RO Stormtrooper all still boxed). They are all far better than the Hasbro figs, except the Vader. The new 40th anniv Vader is an amazing figure to me. Still hope bandai does a new Vader.

I would like to eventually get the ANH Luke to go with the BS landspeeder as the BS series Luke is horrible. I do also have the original BS R2 still in package never opened from when he was 1st released. He looked good until I saw the pictures of how under scaled he was. Never found the BS Walgreens 3PO or the re-release 40th anniv, although would still like to have one to go with R2.

I'm very happy with my R2. The arms to me are a little off on the 3PO. They stick out a bit too far to the side but it's a minor issue. The thumbs on the hands also seem a bit off. Probably got some advice from Sideshow on how to do 3PO's thumbs.

I'm very happy with my R2. The arms to me are a little off on the 3PO. They stick out a bit too far to the side but it's a minor issue. The thumbs on the hands also seem a bit off. Probably got some advice from Sideshow on how to do 3PO's thumbs.

Any pics?? Some comparison shots? I always forget you get them release day! :hi5:

Unfortunately I am traveling at the moment so will have to wait until the weekend. I guess by then most people will have received them. I don't own any other droid except the BS R2 and the SHF one is much better in my opinion. Better coloring, weight, and appearance. The Kenny Baker feet thing is not something I would ever use with the figure. Would have preferred another accessory instead but it seems the figures are the Star Wars iterations so not much else could be done with R2 other than a damaged dome from the Death Star battle.

Just received my pair and really like them. I keep them sealed but unfortunately 3PO has a paint spot on his left eye. Really sucks. Hopefully it can replaced but doubt it. Here's a quick pic. Both destroy Hasbro.
1f199df4a2b1cde83ec718923200fe8b.jpg
7d11ed9e05351aae3b7332a05e328775.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I am traveling at the moment so will have to wait until the weekend. I guess by then most people will have received them. I don't own any other droid except the BS R2 and the SHF one is much better in my opinion. Better coloring, weight, and appearance. The Kenny Baker feet thing is not something I would ever use with the figure. Would have preferred another accessory instead but it seems the figures are the Star Wars iterations so not much else could be done with R2 other than a damaged dome from the Death Star battle.

No worries, safe travels!

Just received my pair and really like them. I keep them sealed but unfortunately 3PO has a paint spot on his left eye. Really sucks. Hopefully it can replaced but doubt it. Here's a quick pic. Both destroy Hasbro.
1f199df4a2b1cde83ec718923200fe8b.jpg
7d11ed9e05351aae3b7332a05e328775.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look incredible. Cannot wait!!

My anakin and padme just arrived. So glad i got padme. Anakin, i had no choice since i needed a partner for her haha
013eddfc0d65041152995c272f4793a0.jpg
8625d64c2c47def3ecbd3178defb3e64.jpg
28633ad520448f5d74be1119e3d90be7.jpg
191038ec637cc1cb088f3d2b118e2dc7.jpg

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

If anyone is looking for ep 1 Obi-Wan, Mace Windu, Jango Fett, FO Riot Trooper, or ROTJ Luke - I have some I'm trying to get rid of!

Also have the Darth Vader 1st wave exclusive Death Star display base.

Last edited:
Back