S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XxFUeLt.jpg

Attachment points on the shoulders make me think we'll be seeing Sandtroopers or Jedha patrol sooner rather than later. Wouldn't mind an officer either.

There's also a hole under the arm socket.

0ea8869d2313e8b0aac2f22645662644.jpg

The heads on Obi are amazing in real life. Even looking at my own oicsnifnhik they look off, the real deal is so much better.

And btw, any chance some sites are still offering exclusive Anakin? I really want him now

Awesome haul. And yeah man, I love that Obi. I think he turned out great. Seems like he's a figure where a slightly off facial print can change the likeness a lot. The angry head that came with mine doesn't look great, but the regular one is phenomenal!

Angry Ani is still available here, but a little more expensive.

https://www.loopaza.com/s-h-figuarts-star-wars-anakin-skywalker-aotc-early-bird-limited-edition.html

Awesome haul. And yeah man, I love that Obi. I think he turned out great. Seems like he's a figure where a slightly off facial print can change the likeness a lot. The angry head that came with mine doesn't look great, but the regular one is phenomenal!

Angry Ani is still available here, but a little more expensive.

https://www.loopaza.com/s-h-figuarts-star-wars-anakin-skywalker-aotc-early-bird-limited-edition.html
Thanks for that [emoji2] , I'll probably have to skip him for now

913be8b6bee5eb226ee8f88b8bceb7b8.jpg

After 37 days I finally got my first S.H. Figuarts

The Assault Tank Commander:
tankcommanderumyn1.jpg

It's a pretty solid figure, sharp edges, shiny but still weathered armor, great details, pretty life like. I have one white point on the left elbow and even though it's not really visible there seems to be a bit of glue on the lower nose part of the helmet. Apart from that a really great figure. I still think it was a bit too expensive, considering it shared most of the armor with the shoretrooper, they didn't had to sculpt a face and all there is are the hands and a gun as accessory and I doubt the tank crew uses the gun anyway. A macrobinocular and a small blaster would be more fitting. But that's nitpicking, all in all a great trooper, the best trooper design in my eyes so I hope they will use this design more often in the comics and series.

They'll make the jacket version and it'll be a web exclusive.

Also, that head looks terrible. They need to take a look at how John Boyega looked in the film, not his chubby stunt double.

Wouldn't be surprised if they really go that way, making the jacket version a web exclusive, even though that wouldn't really make sense but alas, that's Bandai. At least they succeed quality wise and as far as I can see, the Finn head looks like John Boyega, not like the steroid Finn from Hot Toys. Bandai nailed it.

Yeah, I dont get why some folks think it looks bad, since when Finn wore his stormtrooper gear he DID look squat because the armor was bulky and pushing up on his neck and face. Example:

finn1.jpg

Yeah it's going to look great. People had problems with the Mace figure and that turned out great. I think the way the cameras/lighting are picking up the color and shadows makes it look slightly off. But to me the sculpt looks great and I think it's going to be amazing in hand. I personally love stormtrooper figures like this as the contrast between the armor and the human head looks really nice. It would be cool if it came with interchangeable glove-less hands or an armor-less upper torso.

On another note: de07fSg.jpg
Yikes on the Mafex Ren body. Very glad I have the Figuarts and will be receiving the unmasked figuarts soon. It is overall the best Ren figure IMO. The height is good enough with the legs pull down relative to my mostly figuarts collection. I'm going to be taking my time to make a custom robe as neither the Mafex or BS look great to me. I think with the robe it will be a perfect Ren. I don't care enough about the character to buy another in the future like I would for Vader or other classic characters.

Oh no. Latest pictures of Han not looking so hot. The face is significantly worse than the prototype. Looks really lo-res and eyes and facial features are tiny. Here are pictures comparing the earlier displays to the newest one dated 2/9. This is clearly the production figure. Makes me want to touch it up to make it closer to the prototype but worried about ruining it even more. Even the hair looks quite a bit worse, like spaghetti almost.

29890017110_0800bf45ad_h.jpg
32793111486_9755803511_h.jpg

Why Bandai?!

Edit- Weird, even the sculpt of the hair is significantly worse and simplified. Pretty disappointed as this was my most anticipated figure.

I was scrolling down and saw your post about the quality and thought...WTF are you talking about; it looks great. Then I scrolled to the next pic...:horror

Yeah they always put the prototype disclaimer but this is a bit much. Pretty deceiving, especially to casual collectors.

It's just crappy lighting.

First pic is side lit which creates natural shadows and depth.

Second shot is front lit which makes it look one dimensional and flat.

I'm not worried.

It's just crappy lighting.

No.. no it's not. It will surely look better with top down lighting, but the facial features are painted smaller, chin is much bigger due to poor placement. Hair sculpt is totally different. Look back and forth at the two pictures. It's the sculpt and the paint. This is one of their worst facial prints in the star wars line. Hopefully this is a particularly bad sample, but it's on display.. I know it will look 'good' in hand. It just won't look anywhere near the early samples.

edit-Here's a second, differently posed Han figure from the same display. The lighting here is flash-free. Definitely looks better, but you can see the fuzziness of the face, hair sculpt, and overall drop in quality. It will still be the best 6" Han, I'm just a bit disappointed. I checked more pictures of the early displays, and I can see it had crisply painted eyes and details, more tones in the skin. So I guess all of the other figures ended up with the slightly fuzzy printed faces, but I may try and touch this one up using early production pics as a model. It just looks a lot nicer with the eyes more defined/darkened around the edges.

32834122125_97f5401218_h.jpg

Pretty sure they had to adjust the original sculpt or mold for mass production to not lose any details, usually the initial sculpt was either hand sculpted or 3D printed.

Pretty sure they had to adjust the original sculpt or mold for mass production to not lose any details, usually the initial sculpt was either hand sculpted or 3D printed.

Gotcha. Maybe I just followed this figure more closely so I'm noticing more? It seems like the unmasked Kylo displays have all looked like production figures, so less of a surprise there. That first Han pic is just a stunner.

Gotcha. Maybe I just followed this figure more closely so I'm noticing more? It seems like the unmasked Kylo displays have all looked like production figures, so less of a surprise there. That first Han pic is just a stunner.

Me too, this Han was suppose to be the definitive one for me. But the production piece is kinda disappointing, I hope that changes once I have it on hand.

Back