S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
303888f5943492a0f46a4268e37fea1c.jpg

Update on the battle droid custom, despite all the new reveals...with lots of prying and boiled water the backpack finally came (well, snapped) off. Now to pick a colour scheme...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Yess Anakin!! Insta Pre-Order for me i really like all star wars movies and chracters gimme more bandai :)

What a time to be a alive as SW collector :)

Is that Resistance Rey & BB-8, Old Han, and Stormie Finn?? Don't know the source yet as a buddy sent this to me, but those "No Pictures" signs are everywhere lol.

A Rey at last, nice one, for those that want one anyway, not sure yet if I do. Old Han will be great too.

ddc0a0fbcc4cd6c829dd01416dfd3b46.jpg

Masking failed big Time..... Gotta do looooots of cleanup work.
84ff93f956ec77eab62920634ff18f49.jpg

The only bit that came out good

But back on topic, Finns head looks WAY off to me, like, not as subtle as the mein Fuhrer Ben Kenobi head, but more on the level of the having-a-stroke Black widow head

You guys shouldn't be judging off of the prototype pictures. There's plenty of prototypes that looked terrible and the final product turned out great. I'm just happy these figures are being made and I know they'll look fantastic in hand. Tamashii has a new standard not just for Star Wars but other lines and I've got faith they'll do us right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I will reboot my collection. Anyone interested on some SHF, please send me PM.

Anakin!!!

"I don't like sand..."

Just kidding. I dislike this character to the core but the figure is looking amazing and I think they need to get rid of the web exclusives. I can't imagine that it is profitable to exclude a figure like this, only a fraction of the normal customers are going to buy him.

Regarding the quality of Finn/Rey:
I think it's pretty clear they are still work in progress. They are going to come next summer if not even later, same thing as Kenobi.

5c0d06593e774f1dc76b48eb5149fa0b.jpg
f68af5c0205a3ff7bc93c630e3384da0.jpg

Still needs cleanup and a hit with a matte layer. Masking is a nightmare, no idea how tamashii and other companies do it so cleanly.
EDIT:
Nearly done
00b38b9efc4f2b9ed682f665eb5337d7.jpg

On the subject of those prototypes, do you guys know about the Marvel figuarts Black widow? Prototype was called "horsefaced" but the final product was praised for its amazing likebess. Tamashii wouldn't let a figure looking like Finn out into customers hands, these are just to give a sneak Peek at whats in the works

Anakin looks great - I'm sure I'm in the minority's that prefers his AOTC appearance over ROTS. Hope it's easy enough to get! I'll skip Stormie Finn but I'm definitely in for a Jedi Steps Rey.

I don't understand SH's business model. They seem to take VERY popular characters and make them even harder to get. It seems they could be printing their own money to me.

The only explanatory bit I can come up with is that tamashii heavily relies on japans feedback in popularity and with this line that'll a 100% so. Then they also like to spread out popular releases for what some have summised is a finanxial reason: they dont wanna hand over all starrs, thn start lesser chars and see sales consistently drop.

Also, that droid shouldve been R2, BB-8 doesnt go with her, it's Poe's buddy.

Quality drop on Jango Fett and the release of core characters as exclusives is my reason to make a step backward on this line. By now, I've canceled AOTC Obi-Wan and selling Clone Trooper and Battle Droid. I will not succumb to the evil arts of the makers.

I'm the only one seeing Chewbacca as an exclusive? :slap

Quality drop on Jango Fett and the release of core characters as exclusives is my reason to make a step backward on this line. By now, I've canceled AOTC Obi-Wan and selling Clone Trooper and Battle Droid. I will not succumb to the evil arts of the makers.

I'm the only one seeing Chewbacca as an exclusive? :slap

Yeah it's a bummer they'd do that. But their stuff is too good for me to pass up. Are you guessing about Chewie as an exclusive or did you see that somewhere?

ALSO. Some tidbits from the event so far. Hoping there's more!

https://www.ladyeve.net/archives/025666

(Google translated)
[SHFiguarts Movie (Star Wars)]
· SHFiguarts Anakin Skywalker (ATTACK OF THE CLONES) Display Only
- SHFiguarts Padmé Amidala (ATTACK OF THE CLONES) Display Only
- SHFiguarts Ray Ando BB-8 (THE FORCE AWAKENS) Display Only
- SHFiguarts fin (THE FORCE AWAKENS) Display Only
- SHFiguarts Han solo (THE FORCE AWAKENS) Display Only

Back