S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone is planning on army building the Scarif Trooper and needs something to pair with the Figuarts ones...

14354949_10155163995714989_4478200249323105819_n.jpg

Saw this on a Facebook page. Bandai 1/12 kits. Also looks like you can have him with or without the blue!

Scarif trooper? I thought they were called Shoretroopers?

They are but it's like it was last year where the companies knew nothing about the movie and all they got was a glimpse on some pictures of vehicles, characters and stuff. I can imagine that Lucasfilm told Bandai that these guys are Stormtroopers on Scarif, maybe they hadn't a name for them themself so Bandai (and not just them) went with Scarif Trooper or something like that. It's the same reason why Lego is putting a First Order Transport on the shelf and not an Atmospheric A-Something Lander. Or why many of the Special-Forces Tie Fighters in merchandise lacked the lower cannon. Lucasfilms secrecy and/or that they didn't had names and information but I think it's most often secrecy, as annoying as it is.

@Picture
The Striker-U-Wing two pack looks cool, together with two tiny Hovertanks it seems and are they really going to do a Death Star? :D

So, in regards to the 3d face printing tech, i'm starting to put together a method to replicate it. I have seen a couple of 3d colour printing services, but we're talking maybe $30 a head? But if i can get it to figuarts quality its worth it imo. I've noticed on the figuarts only the facial FEATURES are printed on top of flesh tone plastic, whereas 3d colour printing services print with ink overlaying the whole thing, so maybe everything would have to be digitally painted.
Screen Shot 2016-09-23 at 9.20.04 pm.jpg

One head sculpt i've been working on for practice is Slipknot from the Suicide Squad movie (pretty distinctive face, + i really like the way he looks for some reason, he could have made a cool side villain imo), and as you can see only the face is textured. In order for that to work, the plastic would have to match, or i could remove most of the skin tone only keeping the basic facial features (this is probably the way to go imo)

btw can anyone give me feedback on the sculpt? It's not near completion but anything would be great. I don't expect much , its only my 3rd attempt at 3d modelling/sculpting ever

Hopefully it's just optical distortion. Can't wait for these two.

So of what was shown at the Tamashi event last year (apart from repaints) we are sill waiting for OT R2/3PO, AOTC 3PO/R5 and Grievous.

I can't wait to see why we get at the show this year. I'm praying for Qui-Gon, Snowtrooper, Sandtrooper, Leia, Lando and the Emperor

It doesn't really look like Chewie has an articulated jaw anymore either. I suppose if he came with an alternate head that would be much better.

I think that most display case lights are suitable. Just do not not have the light on for very long periods.

And avoid the sunlight.

Hmm...I'm no lighting expert, but I would think that you should avoid bulbs which produce a lot of heat. LED lights are bright, but put off a relatively small amount of heat. And if it were me, I'd only run the lights when I was actually taking the time to look at my display. Once I head off to do something else, I'd cut them off. That should take care of any light exposure problem.

Thanks guys. Im planning to instal switches for it so I could turn it off when not needed.

Chewie looks a bit crouched and the and behind Han--both things that would make their heights appear closer together. He's probably/hopefully sized correctly (like in the proto above).

Is it just me or is the Han head on the left different. It looks like a more pronounced smirk?

I agree. Something looks different. To me it looks a little off in comparison to the other pictures of him which look bang on. It might just be me though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tamashii have a habit of doing that with tall characters, still, he doesnt look glaringly out of scale.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back