S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still confuses me why Mafex went half cloth half plastic, whenever I look at him on display it looks odd.

I recommend looking for a bootleg black series Vader if you want a skirt piece that will work. I was planning on doing exactly that too. Im just not sure if the skirt pieces are pegged or glued to the waist part, never attempted halfing him to check [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It looks ok when the main cloak largely hides it. I think they did it that way as half and half from bottom to top half would have looked odd too and it would have been a bit of a faff to fit a cloth piece to the upper half and get the armour over it. Their Kylo looks better though.

I wonder about the scaling, it seems to work when you mix Figuarts with Mafex and you sometimes get discrepancies when you put the same make together. The Mafex Stormtroopers are nearly as tall as their Vader and the Figuarts Vader is too short next to the Stormtroopers from Figuarts.

Yeah I have never got it either. For the most part these companies keep figures in the same line in scale, then you get ones they seem to deliberately underscale to keep costs down and others that almost seem too tall. Look up figuarts Broly for example then figuarts android 16. Same line and honestly 16 should be taller and didnt sell well likely because of that.

Vader seems to be in the same reason. He was first in the line and Tamashii didnt know if they would sell so he was underscaled to save money and honestly didnt have much effort put into him or the stormtrooper in general. Luke pretty much saved this line imo.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I think some of it could be down to packaging costs. A different scaled figure would mean a different scaled box and inner packaging, it's less work and cheaper to standardise the sizes. There are slightly larger Figuarts boxes, such as what Freddie Mercury and Bruce Lee came in, but, I think a lot of the Star Wars ones are the size that Luke comes in, Mace, Maul and Obi Wan spring readily to mind. The troopers probably use Bruce and Freddie sized boxes. To have done a big Vader would maybe have meant a non standard box size that was larger than the Bruce and Freddie boxes. Look at the size of the box for the Mafex Vader. Obviously for things like Hulk they may have made an exception, but, Vader in a Hulk sized box wouldn't have made sense. I used to see this a lot with 1/18 cars where they wouldn't be correctly scaled in order to fit into a standard box.

36624bfbb0b58a89e3a534957ebfbb3c.jpg
307248d947a3678cfc3202be1ee35e74.jpg
14cbdefe64e4cd9f16b6c03297da17a7.jpg
847dab8aad09301d9aad9ee97af41171.jpg

A few quick iPhone quality shots of my Figuarts and Mafex Star Wars stuff

I really hope we get Figuarts versions of the Snowtroooer, Flametrooper and TIE Pilot.

Agreed, put me down for basically any trooper variation that was actually in a movie(and any that just look too cool to pass on).

How well does the black series Flametrooper for with the Figuarts trooper?
Here's a group pic for comparison hehe

33b4f6c282d54c2645f43e413dddec02.jpg

The plastic's much whiter on the black series ones. But hey, they work for me

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Oh sorry man, that's the only one i didnt get, the TIE Pilot. Stocks ran out before i could snag one

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

They're not bad, I thought of black series for army building with FO Stormies, but, I can't find one off the shelf for less then £20, when I can get a Figuarts for just over £30 I may as well just get a Figuarts. Kylo doesn't look too bad there, but, the overall look is better captured by the Mafex and the Figuarts looks a tiny bit short.

Back