S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tamashii is a sub company of bandai.. Figuarts, D-Arts and monster arts are theyre product lines, theyve all been cimbined into "figuarts". Figuarts is like saying legends for hasbro, its just a line header.

Ahhh! So SH Figuarts is not a company at all! I should be referring to my figs as Tamashii Star Wars figures instead of SH Figuarts Star Wars figures no? Tamashii is certainly easier to say.

I found this list of Bandai social networking links. Maybe this is a good place to try to communicate with them.
https://www.bandai-asia.com/newsite/links.php

yeah, they are figuarts, thats the brand name. Calling them tamashii figures would be just like lipsmack said!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Regarding Tamashii Nations, there were some high end 1/6 Star Wars figures released under that name, I believe they did the droids but I'm not sure what else after that. I think it's safe to call the 6" ones Figuarts. On another note, I can't help finding it ironic that, when it comes to 12"/1/6, Medicom are always on the small side and others are larger. The Medicom Vader in 12"/1/6 is smaller than ones by SSC and HT, and yet with Mafex and Figuarts, it's the other way round.

Regarding Tamashii Nations, there were some high end 1/6 Star Wars figures released under that name, I believe they did the droids but I'm not sure what else after that. I think it's safe to call the 6" ones Figuarts. On another note, I can't help finding it ironic that, when it comes to 12"/1/6, Medicom are always on the small side and others are larger. The Medicom Vader in 12"/1/6 is smaller than ones by SSC and HT, and yet with Mafex and Figuarts, it's the other way round.

The only 1/6 figure Tamashi released was a C-3PO. It is an amazing figure and by far the best 1/6 figure released to date IMO. There were plans to release an R2 D2, but that ended up getting cancelled. Very sad.

Ah, I see, always thought it was very expensive for what it was, maybe they decided there would be more money in Figuarts Star Wars instead, it looks to have paid off so far.

Ah, I see, always thought it was very expensive for what it was, maybe they decided there would be more money in Figuarts Star Wars instead, it looks to have paid off so far.

It's die cast metal. If you compare it's original
price with the price of the much inferior Sideshow version, it was an absolute steal.

Yes well, I still think Tamashii and SSC are expensive. The last SSC Star Wars figures I bought were the Endor Rebels and I don't think I paid over £40 for any of them. The modern prices for 1/6 are crazy which is why I switched to 6" figures instead. Having said that though, some of the prices you see Figuarts go for are a bit out there.

You think the prices for star wars figuarts are alot, look up figuarts SDCC 2011 Goku, he goes for anywhere between £500 to £800....

I'm pretty sure he uses anger with the Force.

I mean, just look at him!

I saw a YT vid once explaining the lightsaber colours and it said the wielder of purple is supposedly in touch with the dark side ever so slightly, which really fits with Mace. The beheading of Jango and the way he wanted to kill the Emperor - it all fits.

This fig is on his way to me, I can't wait! Real photos are so much better than the promos.

I saw a YT vid once explaining the lightsaber colours and it said the wielder of purple is supposedly in touch with the dark side ever so slightly, which really fits with Mace. The beheading of Jango and the way he wanted to kill the Emperor - it all fits.

This fig is on his way to me, I can't wait! Real photos are so much better than the promos.
Or, you know, SLJ just wanted a purple one:wink1:

Yeah as annoying as it is, as far as I know Lucas never assigned meaning ti the colors, besides eventually red fer for sith. They were originally supposed to just all be white. Then iirc they got blue and red right before ANH's release and in rotj Luke's became green simply because the blue sky on tatooine made a blue blade unappealing visually. And yeah SLJ wanted a pink one to recognize himself mong groups of jefi and Lucas appeased with purple... Mace's TPM was blue but never had an occasion to be seen. Although I think Adi-bla bla or whatever her name is had a red one, but that was never seen and no idea if Lucas was behind that.

I like how different EU gave different meaning to it. But movie-wise there's none except sith's go for red. To my knowledge.

That discussion broke the internet.

luke.jpg

Luke had a yellow one.

Those 2 pics really show how far we've come. It boggles the mind to think that, when new, that Luke would have set me back £1.25! I know!

I never understood the thin end of the lightsaber on those old toys lol. Was it to make it easier to pull out? I swear my old Vader had a tab under the arm to push the saber out, but I could be remembering wrong.

I never understood the thin end of the lightsaber on those old toys lol. Was it to make it easier to pull out? I swear my old Vader had a tab under the arm to push the saber out, but I could be remembering wrong.

You are right, on the back of his arm is a slot through which the tab pokes, you used it to 'ignite' the lightsaber.

Well yeah, I know the story about Jackson wanting the pink/purple saber but I thought it also tied up nicely with the video I saw which really makes sense. Here's the vid if you're interested, it looks like it is pretty well researched. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qTKaWcpyBdY

Have to watch the CLone Wars series again but wasn't a past Mace really a strong and tough warrior Jedi. Explains why he had a purple saber

Back