S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are NDA that I don't want to break, that's all I can share for now.

It's up to you to believe.

You don't need to big-time me. I've already been there.

I've been the guy who sends things off for approval. I know how the contracts are written.

Yeaaah right.
Nope, it's just that Tamashii Nations is not feeling like doing any characters others than the Mando for the moment. Let's remind everyone that Bandai got burnt pretty hard because of the Episode VIII and IX.

It has always been the same for the them. The Sentai line wasn't profitable enough to them, they canned it.

The Naruto line wasn't profitable to them, guess what? They canned it.

The Kindgom Hearts line didn't sell : canned

They are doing the same with Star Wars, they are walking on eggs because they fear that what they will propose won't work.

Their business decisions since Episode VII haven't been the greatest to say the least.

But even so...When you only propose stuff that are subpar, that's what happens :
The mando V1 was crap

The Dooku they proposed was crap

Who cares about sequels characters?

Palpatine was too expensive for what it was.

Yoda was a web exclusive, same for Anakin EIII.

All these bad decisions made them "cautious".

Tamashii needs to pull their head off their asses.

I wouldn't mind if they kept giving us only characters from The Mandalorian. Sure I'll be bummed if they never do another OT figure ever again, but they absolutely killed it with IG-11, so I'd be down for all kinds of figures from the show. Bo Katan, Cara Dune, Ahsoka, Boba Fett, Fennec, Dark Trooper, Gideon, and unmasked Din Djarin would all sell like hotcakes.

Din vs Gideon

qkEMfIl.jpg

I just packed all mine in their boxes, ready to hopefully move house soon. In doing so I changed Farm Luke?s hand out and broke the effing wrist peg!! I?ve gone years without any breakages and so far had 3 this year, including snapping IG-11s head off. I managed to fix that with a new steel peg but Luke?s wrist seems hopeless.

It does look good. Now why couldn't they have done the same for their most recent Din and Boba? Perhaps all the complaints finally sunk in?

This figure is also almost $100 lol, almost twice as much as the regular Mandos.

In fact I was surprised when I received my invoice - I had forgotten how much the price was. Such six inch figures are starting to get more expensive than I’d like nowadays. As things stand and all things considered, I’d rather have fewer, more expensive larger and better made figures than more, but still quite expensive six inch figures.

Probably the final release in the SHF line, too.

So many interesting prototypes they've got in the SHF Vault, and nary a single solicitation.

Back