S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boba Fett is out... looks awful.

44f07b32.jpg

Here is a review

https://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/52047875.html

Yikes. Fett really does look bad. Looks like an articulated version of one of those Applause vinyl figures from the mid-90's. Horrible.

I had hope they would improve it between solicit pics and release but no luck. It feels like they didn’t even try to weather the figure which would have helped a lot. I hope when it arrives that it will grow on me enough that weathering it myself wont feel like a waist of time.

This is one time where anybody who gets it shouldn't be surprised. It's looked like that since the very first initial prototype. If anything, they actually delivered on what they were showing. No more, no less:lol

Yup. And honestly this goes for 99% of Star Wars figuarts. Any improvements made are TINY. Most of the time they actually take a small step back in certain areas like the likeness. Figuarts is pretty consistent from prototype to final figure.

As for Boba, I think he looks fine, helmet could be shaped better, and I wish they did the shoulder armor as cups instead of the ball hinged pieces, but I dig him

Yup. And honestly this goes for 99% of Star Wars figuarts. Any improvements made are TINY. Most of the time they actually take a small step back in certain areas like the likeness. Figuarts is pretty consistent from prototype to final figure.

The Fett figure itself doesn't look so bad. It's really just the paint apps, or lack of, that's the problem. It looks as if it's just molded plastic and not even painted. Too shiny and clean. No weathering or any kind of wash at all.

Wish I had gotten one of the Mafex Fett's back when, but they're figures usually weren't very good. Mafex has come far with their offerings, as they mad more duds than hits. While now it's the S.H. Figuarts that seems to be hit or miss.

Weathering wouldn't have helped much. It still has a small helmet, no neck and duck feet.

Weathering would have helped I think because it would have been one less issue. But I agree, weathering is not it's only problem. Like 95% of armored Star Wars figuarts, Figuarts fell quite short of nailing the sculpt.

Mines on the way, and while it's not perfect, it beats the **** out of the old Black Series figure that can't pose for **** sitting in some bin in the closet.

Looks like Boba Fett just scratched his fresh new armor. It could have been done better, but since most aren't buying, the price will probably drop to something I can afford lol

At the moment it?s under $50, so that?s looking pretty likely. Honestly I think it looks fine, I almost kinda like the look despite it not being completely accurate, and my preference towards Figuarts means I?m gonna end up getting it sooner or later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back